Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,299 comments

I bought some pipes. Some very, very expensive pipes. Excuse the blur, I do believe my lens is dirty.

The car sounds totally different, since my last exhaust (Flowmaster 40's, generally the same kit, just cheaper and 10 years ago) had more holes in it than swisscheese and was rusted beyond belief. The whole reason I bought this new kit was because the passenger side exhaust tip actually rusted off the muffler, and was just hanging there, and making a stupid banging sound. The car used to be incredibly loud, inside and outside. Now it's just loud outside and inside you can barely hear it running.

It's a major difference, I'm just not sure it's for the better.

But..
Bill Cosby from 200MPH
PIPES! LOOK AT THOSE PIPES!!

I had a very bad experience with rusted exhausts on the car I just sold, to this day its still louder than it should be.

Road's closed pizza boy.

YOUR EXAUST ISNT JDM ENOUGH TO BE COOL

I ONLY BUY EXAUSTS WITH NAMSE LIKE HKS SUPER ULTRA MEGA TITAN PLUS DRAGGER EVO SPEC R NUR

THOSE ARE THE GOOD ONES THATS HOW YOU CAN TELL

On a serious note though, the last thing I bought (apart from food) was a 3/8ths bendy ratchet thing and an extension bar. It's veray usefull, especially in my cramped engine bay.

Didn't you buy Forza 2 as well?

Yeah I ordered it today, but I can't show it off because I haven't got it yet. I could post a picture of the front and back of my credit card if that helps though!

Also I just smacked myself in the forehead with the ratchet and almost broke a mug with it.

Yeah I ordered it today, but I can't show it off because I haven't got it yet. I could post a picture of the front and back of my credit card if that helps though!
plz

Argh I just bought myself this:
cts%20relic%20shovel%20b.jpg

I needed it to fix up my garden that is completely plant-less. It coming up alright though.

I ONLY BUY EXAUSTS WITH NAMSE LIKE HKS SUPER ULTRA MEGA TITAN PLUS DRAGGER EVO SPEC R NUR

THOSE ARE THE GOOD ONES THATS HOW YOU CAN TELL

Yep and they must be full stainless with Titanium tips (heated to give the colourful effect).

2x1gb sticks of Certified DDR2 ram for my new macbook. canadaram.com is AMAZING - shipped in 3 days and had a fantastic price compared to my usual parts supplier

In an incredible ricer move, I went ahead and bought these:
yhst-1408381693991_1950_3404608

Mugen introduces their reservoir covers designed to absorb minor clutch and master cylinder reservoir leaks. The Mugen reservoir covers are orange with the Mugen logo sewed into the fabric. The prevents the logo from peeling off like other reservoir covers on the market. Also adds a nice touch to your engine bay. Show cars, score those little extra points with these. BRAND NEW in JDM Mugen Sports packaging. Looks great in any engine compartment.

If you believe these will indeed absorb reservoir leaks (reservoirs don't even leak, they have sealed covers), you're an even bigger ricer than I am. :P

Yeah, I think Apple purposely went a little overboard on that so people wouldn’t complain about burning their crotches.
they didn't succeed *grumbles about some 2nd degree burns on his thighs*

It gets hot, but it's very random. At random times, even when parallels isn't running, for no reason, it gets super hot. Other times, the fan goes full blast and the laptop is ice cold. I can only guess that *something* or other is eating up CPU at random times, but I can't figure out all the sources. I know Flash does it. I'm against installing the Adobe Director plugin until they have a universal build for it... something about running Camino in Rosetta is unsettling...

In an incredible ricer move, I went ahead and bought these:
yhst-1408381693991_1950_3404608

If you believe these will indeed absorb reservoir leaks (reservoirs don't even leak, they have sealed covers), you're an even bigger ricer than I am. :P

2 words.....

Sweat bands. :odd:

2 words.....

sweat bands. :odd:

Yep. People put them on their clutch and master cylinder fluid reservoirs, however. I don't really care either way, they're orange and will most likely match the paint and valve cover whenever I get the thing painted.

Mugen_Res_Cover.jpg

Well i put in the purchase order tommorow but..

XFX 8800GTX 600mhz
Creative Xtreme Gamer sound card
E6600 core2duo
DDR2 Corsair Twinxm6400 2gb (1x2gb) 5-5-5-12
Vista Ultimate
650w PSU
Antec 900 Case
G15 keyboard
G5 mouse
400gb Sata HD
226bw 22' LCD Samsung
DVD burner possibly LG

Motherboard will be picked tommorow.. probably a Asus p5k-e wifi Intel P35.

Probably take a week or so to get it built tested and shipped.

Well i put in the purchase order tommorow but..

XFX 8800GTX 600mhz
Creative Xtreme Gamer sound card
E6600 core2duo
DDR2 Corsair Twinxm6400 2gb (1x2gb) 5-5-5-12
Vista Ultimate
650w PSU
Antec 900 Case
G15 keyboard
G5 mouse
400gb Sata HD
226bw 22' LCD Samsung
DVD burner possibly LG

Motherboard will be picked tommorow.. probably a Asus p5k-e wifi Intel P35.

Probably take a week or so to get it built tested and shipped.

Nice system Dion, but a couple tips.

Intel CPU prices are supposed to be dropping July 22, so after that you could probably get a quad core CPU for similar price. Also you may want to hold off on the top premium card for now, the second generation Nvidia flagship DX10 card (9800 G92) is due at the end of the year, and early indications say it will have roughly 3 times the processing power of the current 8800 GTX. So maybe if you can't wait (yes its hard :( ), a 8800GTS (still awesome card) would be better value and won't hurt the wallet so much if you want to replace it with the next gen card later.

Whatever you do, enjoy the great system 👍

Nice system Dion, but a couple tips.

Intel CPU prices are supposed to be dropping July 22, so after that you could probably get a quad core CPU for similar price. Also you may want to hold off on the top premium card for now, the second generation Nvidia flagship DX10 card (9800 G92) is due at the end of the year, and early indications say it will have roughly 3 times the processing power of the current 8800 GTX. So maybe if you can't wait (yes its hard :( ), a 8800GTS (still awesome card) would be better value and won't hurt the wallet so much if you want to replace it with the next gen card later.

Whatever you do, enjoy the great system 👍

Its always hard to pick a time to buy a PC. Things coming out all the time. Prices gettin reduced every few months etc.. With my work i have $1300 worth of "spiv's/bonuses/chips" for doing certain deals etc in the 6mths ive worked their so with some luck i can get that again in time for the 9800 due out in decemeber and use the "free money" to buy it then.

Ive been waiting for a few months already to see what AMD and ATI would bring to the party but with no new released intended for a good 7months i figured its now or never.

Back