Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,251 comments
How much is the cockpit? And is it actually sturdy?
I paid EUR 240 for it. Apparently its a Dutch product. UK prices are similar.
Yes it is pretty sturdy. It could be better but then its probably produced in China. You need to really tighten up the nuts on the sections towards the steering wheel. The backrest folds in half so easily stored/ transported. It does not come with proper protection = I bought 2 indoor mats to put underneath so as not to scratch my hardwood floor.
The seat is quite hard not like softer materials used in a car. The cloth is quite nice though.

Bought this yesterday...a 7 week old miniature pinscher pup that we named Spike
spikecameraphoneqa9.jpg

Hopefully I'll have some better pics to post of him later in the pet thread.

bought this yesterday for €20
WRC_Rally_Evolved___215976a.jpg

It's great fun
And also got this poster (free) from the same store:
LOTR-Poster-50x70-HighReskl.jpg

50x70cm

and currently looking around for a Logitech G15 keyboard or the x-540 speakerset, i haven't decided yet

But for just two more dollars, you could get a Kurt Russel movie, that is, you know... good.

I went out yesterday to no less than 8 shops to buy Escape from New York. No one has it. Apparently it's one of the hottest selling items, the guy at Virgin told me that, the shipped in 5 on friday and they were all gone within a couple of hours.

BUT today, a store catalogue has it listed for $8.83, I'm going out this second to try and find it. Updates to follow....

BUT today, a store catalogue has it listed for $8.83, I'm going out this second to try and find it. Updates to follow....

Oh yeah. I'm a happy man. Best $8.83 that has ever been spent.

dsc00600ib7.jpg

Although, I had to show ID to buy the thing. Come on. Do I look 14?!

Is it for NTSC also or is it just PAL? Ive been looking for a good rally game like collin mcrae but can't find any in NTSC format.

Nope, Wrc rally evolved is europe only

richard burns rally is available in NTSC, and if you read the reviews it's very realistic (thus also harder to learn)

Hey! I didn't know J.D. Salinger had the same cover of The Catcher in the Rye on another book of his. So aparently the theory of Holden Caulfield being "gay" just because of the rainbow on the book cover, it's not valid anymore...

Hey! I didn't know J.D. Salinger had the same cover of The Catcher in the Rye on another book of his. So aparently the theory of Holden Caulfield being "gay" just because of the rainbow on the book cover, it's not valid anymore...

This is what the "normal" cover looks like
salinger.jpg

I think that the other cover is for school uses because its cheaper( now thats just funny a J.D. Salinjer being used in a school :lol: )

This is what the "normal" cover looks like
salinger.jpg

I think that the other cover is for school uses because its cheaper( now thats just funny a J.D. Salinjer being used in a school :lol: )

Well, catcher in the rye is required reading.

Anyway, here I have my two latest purchases.

The Fairtax book and some new cologne.

Armani Code: $80.00

Smokin' Hot: $7.74

Saving 72 bucks on bootleg perfume: Priceless.

I think many of Salinger's books were released with the same colour scheme within the last couple of years. I have seen Catcher in the Rye, Nine Stories, and Fran and Zoe all with that cover.

And my latest purchase... (it's actually kinda cool)

and the cat loves it

Splurge Time

A 1979 Gibson that I bought to sell. It hasn't arrived yet, though.
No upper bout toggle, wacky control route and a tummy cut. Must be none other than the short lived The Paul. How much did you pay? :)

Back