Showdown on Test Course

• Thread starter nitro_2003
  • 14 comments

nitro_2003

(Banned)
I once did a race in a calsonic skyline(arcade version) on test course.it was cool

We started the race. For the whole race we were changing positions and slipstreaming.At te end of one lap, the gap between me and a Castrol Mugen NSX was +0.000!:lol: :lol:

I won in the end, but thats a race ill never forget.

Dont have race results bcause it was sooooo long ago!!:lol: :lol:

Its about the only way to make the Test course races interesting so you don't end up falling asleep halfway through!

Was doing the Pro-league all japan GTC series again the other night in a Calsonic skyline with the stage1 turbo mod. Also running were an Arta NSX, the Raybrig NSX, Denso Sard Supra, Pennzoil Nismo Skyline and the Loctite Zexel Skyline.

After 15 laps and just under 30 minutes, the 1st four places were covered by less than 1/10th of a second. The NSXs were left trailing about 45s behind the rest of us, but it finished like this....

1) Denso Sard Supra
2) Loctite Zexel Skyline +0.004
3) Calsonic Skyline +0.066
4) Pennzoil Nismo Skyline +0.096

:ouch:

Aww, man! Too bad you didn't make it, but congrats for the old school try. My two tightest and most exciting victories were at the Test Curse. For the series you're talking about, I used a stock Oreca Viper. The oil went bad during that race and I won by +0.164" over the Pennzoil Skyline (the only time in the series he was a competitor).

The other run was in the Autobacs MR-S in the pro Dream Car series, jacked to about 512 hp, won by 0.350" over the S2000 LM. I couldn't have won this race without very careful drafting and a good slingshot pass on the last half of the last turn.

I don't like the extra-long races at the Test Course, but if you have to race there, the Amateur Dream Car event isn't too shabby. I've had a number of close events there, especially if you use the GT300 cars or the other "Dream Cars." It's the one race where the FTO LM is the front-runner, but you're likely to have packs of 4 or 5 cars up until the final turn.

The only problem is that I've figued out that you just need to hold back on the frist turn of the final lap, and slingshot your way past the leader at the end of the back straight to win that one. Honestly, all the close Test Course races are dictated by what happens in the last half of the last lap, if it's close racing.

In Dream Car Championship it was a very close racing,first five positions in a second!!

1.FTO LM Race Car
2.S2000 LM: +.0001
3.Altezza LM:+0.019
4.ZZ-II: +0.075
5.GTRS Team Oreca(me):+0.115
6.RX-7 LM: +7.3

The most close race I've ever driven in GT3.

TS020
In Dream Car Championship it was a very close racing,first five positions in a second!!

1.FTO LM Race Car
2.S2000 LM: +.0001
3.Altezza LM:+0.019
4.ZZ-II: +0.075
5.GTRS Team Oreca(me):+0.115
6.RX-7 LM: +7.3

The most close race I've ever driven in GT3.
Does this mean the RX-7 sucks?

The RX-7 LM is a great car. Very, very fast but slightly unstable under braking. Luckily, the best way to stabilize it is usually to floor the throttle...

this was an intresting storry

the first time i played gt3 i got 2 professional league and look at the diffrent races and noticed the ride like the wind was only 1 race and u won a good chunk of credits if u won it so i had a r34 skyline maxed out in hp so i thought this should be easy so before i raced i went 2 test my top speed and got about 230 mph+ after doing little gear tuning i was satysfied with my resuslts so enterd the race and was suprised with the line up i was racing against i cant remember all the cars but they where mainly other Japanese cars non racing plus 1 viper

so i take off and blow them all away with the skylines amazing acceleration blast into first place be fore the first 1000 meteres and im cruising around the track doing 230+ on the straights. for the first couple laps im ahead by like 15-20 secs then i noticed a couple more laspe that gap starts 2 get smaller and im like ? huh what the ? the viper is catching me i couldnt belive it im almost pegged out on the revs and slowly this viper is closing the gap. eventually its right behind me and this is just a regular viper non racing tunned and not the concept version .

im about 12 laps in and im like dam i need 2 pit tires are red and this viper aint pitting . so the viper over takes me and im drafting him staying right on his butt
and about llap 14 he pist and i continue on and pit next lap and finish the race and i won but that was a close call if i had pitted when he was close i probably wouldnt of caught him. what was crazy though was when i was drafting him i was red lining the whole time maxed out on pedal and was doing about 245 mph . so i got my self a viper after the race and maxed out the hp and test drove it and its a dam fast car i got about 250 + mph out of it plus it has a lot of hp .

but im glad 2 say my r34 kept up with it and i eventually won but its was a close call one i wouldnt want 2 repeat . then i loose my memory card when i moved so i had 2 start all over again some months later and got to the same spot and the viper wasnt in the line up so breeezed through it.

ive noticed with gt3 everyonce in a while there wil be 1 car that seems 2 be driving way better than the rest of the pack and it keeps up with u but the comp usually pits sooner than u do or it pits way 2 many times.

GT3-Ownage
whew. i like races that a very close. i dont like unfair races Example: F1 car on sunday cup begginer mode :lol:
Yeah, the F1 car just can't keep up with the others.:lol:

Back