Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
Really successful test races I thought! I'll try and post up some photos from the replays.

For Information - to get the cars to match we left the Aston Martin at 856kg (100%)and 152bhp (68%). The Porsche is now B56kg (102%) and 170bhp (not sure on the % yet).

Next Round - Red Bull Ring Short Track.

Note - there may be 1 or 2 spaces available for clean racers to join this great series!

Here are the results from Red Bull Ring Short:

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

This is the leaderboard, now showing the split in the two championships.
- For those who have competed so far, but not today, I have assumed they will stay in the Porsche (can change if they come back and decide to use the Aston)
- I have sorted by the "Porsche and Aston" championship standings, because that automatically ranks the Porsche only championship correctly.
- We seem to have skipped Big Willow, so I have 1) removed the venues for the final races until @Sick Cylinder confirms them and 2) kept it at 7 races, again until @Sick Cylinder confirms.

Wed Leaderboard.jpg

And finally, some photos:
Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg
Pic4.jpg
Pic5.jpg
Pic6.jpg

We seem to have skipped Big Willow, so I have 1) removed the venues for the final races until @Sick Cylinder confirms them and 2) kept it at 7 races, again until @Sick Cylinder confirms.

I should have posted that Big Willow was dropped and replaced by the Test Round at Brands Indy - the remaining rounds are as planned, so the next race is at Tsukuba.

Thanks for all your hard work Half - it is much appreciated.

Does any member know how to check car specs in the lobby? - at the moment I am going on trust that people are racing the Aston at a lower power level than the Porsche (152 v 170bhp) - they should be very even, but obviously won't be if anyone is running the Aston with Porsche power.

I am hoping that numbers will be higher at Tsukuba - the racing should be closer. I had some problems at first - pressed the wrong button for handbrake in race one and got a false start - my wheel is so used that the symbols have worn off and not having used it for a while I had forgotten the buttons, also struggled in practice with the car leaving cockpit view - when you do a message it leaves.

Incidentally when I was at Brands last year I spoke to the American owner of a Cooper fitted with the very rare 4 cam Porsche Carrera engine - the lucky man had flown over specially to test his car which had just been rebuilt in the UK. For a brief period the hot setup in American racing was a Cooper chassis with a Porsche engine and the resultant cars were known as "Poopers".

Below 1953 Pooper (Cooper-Porsche)

CameronHealy-Cooper-Porsche-AZ.jpg

I had some problems at first - pressed the wrong button for handbrake in race one and got a false start - my wheel is so used that the symbols have worn off and not having used it for a while I had forgotten the buttons, also struggled in practice with the car leaving cockpit view - when you do a message it leaves.
I wondered what happened Sick, nearly ran in to you.

Would you have time to do that before the races?

That's a good point actually. I find the races start rather abruptly with no warning. Can i suggest you use the "Starting soon" option, then wait say one laps worth of time before starting the race. Means anyone on their best lap can complete it, and anyone who needs to get a clean lap in has one last chance.

Some images from the Mille Miglia last year. Note the shift pattern. Top row 124, bottom R35. So 1st gear and second gear are next to each other requiring a U shaped shift motion

Attachments

• 2BAE5E11-5E7D-4562-ACF9-85BAFCED7D73.JPG
    2BAE5E11-5E7D-4562-ACF9-85BAFCED7D73.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 12
  • boxgate.jpg
    boxgate.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 12
  • D69E0AF1-06BA-485B-B17C-62653C5D0E21.JPG
    D69E0AF1-06BA-485B-B17C-62653C5D0E21.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 13
  • F50DA635-C263-484E-8D93-F9B51D520FAF.JPG
    F50DA635-C263-484E-8D93-F9B51D520FAF.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 12
I'll skip Tsukuba, don't like the compo with these cars.

I think they'll be very close at Tsukuba - I'm expecting a great race so hope you change your mind - and don't forget that there is a separate champ for the two types of car so the balance between them is not unfair!

All great points that people have made regarding a warning before start etc. - If I do a message the car defaults into a different view so I'll need to practise swapping views before Wednesday.

Nice pictures @buybon355 - I haven't seen a U shaped gearchange gate before - I know a lot of Italian cars had a dogleg change from 1st to 2nd with reverse below 1st - that gave the advantage of straight shifts between 2nd and 3rd which are used a lot in races when accelerating out of or braking for corners.

I don't care about champ, but as you ask nicely I'll do one more session on Tuesday to check again the compo.
I think they'll be very close at Tsukuba - I'm expecting a great race so hope you change your mind - and don't forget that there is a separate champ for the two types of car so the balance between them is not unfair!.

I don't care about champ, but as you ask nicely I'll do one more session on Tuesday to check again the compo.

That's great!

AAAAARGH! I'm having to miss this week too chaps. Awfully sorry, I won't do it aga.... Hang on a minute...

That's not so great!
Have a great time Zo!

Next series will be one make (model TBC) during which there will be some time for car testing for future series.

Are there any people who would like to do some car testing? I'm not fast enough or consistent enough to match the cars well on GTS so I definitely need some help!

Congratulations to @AndreasR for winning the Porsche/Aston Championship, and to @Harsk100 for winning the Porsche Championship.

Many congratulations to both Andreas (Simbalora) and Harsk for winning the Aston DB3S and Porsche 356 Championships and also to all GTPlanet members who competed - thank you all for supporting the series.

Much thanks to Half Sourly for doing a great job with the scoring.

If anyone is lurking and interested in joining us, now is a great time to join as we will be starting a new series next week. The details will be given below and repeated on page 1 of the thread (shortly) for ease of reference - NB it doesn't matter if you are fast or slow, newbie or old hand - all people who do their best to drive cleanly are welcome regardless of pace:

New Series

Car - Chevrolet Corvette C3 1969 (50k from Brand Central - one of the cheapest cars, but a good one)
Power - 358bhp (Level 1@120%)
Weight - 1443kg (Level 2@93%)
Tyres - Sports Hard

Tracks
1. St Croix BII
2. Alsace Village
3. Laguna Seca
4. Autodromo Lago Maggiore - Centre
5. To be chosen

Please post in the thread any tracks you would like to be considered for week 5 - any not chosen will be borne in mind for future series.

Please also post your main colour and race number - to aid your fellow racers achieve a good variety.

Sick Cylinder - Red with white stripe, number 58

PS - we will be using a new scoring system - full details will be released shortly.

Last edited:
Back