Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
I'm always hoping to race, but am rarely able to. Tomorrow I am off a bit early, but my brother is coming down. Not sure when he'll be here, but if it's later I'd like to join. Only if the grid isn't full, of course as I can't say with certainty I will be a regular. Also wondering if it's ok if we paint our cars?

I'm always hoping to race, but am rarely able to.

You are always welcome Benny. I am not expecting the room to be full, but hopefully the room will become popular on GTS.

Also wondering if it's ok if we paint our cars?

Yes - you can paint your cars or use a livery that someone else has painted which you like. Race numbers are set to off so that the game doesn't automatically apply a number - those square GTS ones look awful on historic race cars. If possible use the big white or black roundels without a border as these are the most classic looking.

I have befriended a few of the best livery makers on GTS and will be sharing their work in my gallery in the game - they will be set for share with friends only (rather than set to all). So please have a look at those and pick what you want. I will be number 58 - the very talented Fisherat of the USA also races with number 58 so I'm able to race on GTS with my favourite number (a tribute to Marco Simoncelli). For some series we may use particular numbers for historical accuracy.

Okay. I would have considered that to be tuning, but if allowed I will do that.
Thanks.

Yes - it is very strange in this game that power and weight changes don't count as tuning - I suppose this is because of the need to balance the performance of the cars. I originally wanted to set the power to 90bhp as this works best with the standard gearing, but the lowest power limit allowed by the room settings is 98bhp. NB the 970cc version of the Mini Cooper S was a homologation special - very few were sold for road use - they were normally 1,071cc or 1,275cc (for road use the bigger engines made more sense because of their greater flexibility). The 970 motors were bored out to 998cc for racing and in Group 5 spec for the BSCC (BTCC) produced up to 122bhp!

Warwick Banks won the ETCC with the Mini Cooper S in 1964 and was runner up in the BSCC in 1965.

Wednesday 27th May Programme: 20:30 UK Time, Brands Hatch Indy, Mini Cooper S 1965

10 minute races, no qualifying. Grid start with false start check. Grid based on previous race finish

Tuning prohibited
Minimum weight 605kg (stock)
Maximum power 98bhp (note tuning prohibited, but you raise the power via the slider)
Tyres - Comfort Hard

Well I've updated again. Another 45+mins!! I spend more time updating GTS than I do driving on it.

Anyways
Yes, or at least I can afford. The rest, no. I do have some credits in the bank. Not that many though so don't get excited. :)

Oh dear.

Hey Zo. 👍

No you're not. ;)

Can I just tag @buybon355 and @Sutsagrd - they might be interested in this.

Thanks for the heads up Paul. Completely missed this. Really good to see @Sick Cylinder back on GTS. I’d love to join but have to confess that once the lockdown eases I probably won’t be available on Wednesday evening. However I am available tonight and would love to join you guys.
I only have the Jaguar XJ13 and will not be able to get any of the other unicorn cars easily

:cheers:

I have befriended a few of the best livery makers on GTS and will be sharing their work in my gallery in the game - they will be set for share.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible on GTS - it's a great shame because I've spent ages trawling through galleries finding the best replica and retro liveries with different race numbers. Perhaps I have to list the gallery makers name?

@Sick Cylinder , - instead of using " bhp " would you use " % " or both - that would be much easier for people like me who uses "kW" for powerrating.
Same with weight as well if there is something else in use of "kg".

Thank you for advice - I have put the % into post 2 on page 1.

Thanks for the heads up Paul. Completely missed this. Really good to see @Sick Cylinder back on GTS. I’d love to join but have to confess that once the lockdown eases I probably won’t be available on Wednesday evening. However I am available tonight and would love to join you guys.
I only have the Jaguar XJ13 and will not be able to get any of the other unicorn cars easily :cheers:

We would love to have you @Sutsagrd - I haven't advertised the series widely - I wanted to see what level of interest people have in the older cars on GTS. This first round is a bit of a test which has been delayed for a while - I had a bad hip for a couple of weeks then last Wednesday, a freak incident - a squirrel got into the loft then fell through the loft hatch resulting in much screaming and panic from the family!

a squirrel got into the loft then fell through the loft hatch
Better than a unicorn I suppose. You can never get them to leave once they're in.

Is it going to be a friends only lobby tonight or an open one? Only if it's a friends one when the host leaves the room closes. If people are typing messages etc it might be best to leave it running for a little while before exiting.
If it's an open one the host migrates to another member.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible on GTS - it's a great shame because I've spent ages trawling through galleries finding the best replica and retro liveries with different race numbers. Perhaps I have to list the gallery makers name?
I might misunderstand the issue, but I think you can do it by saving to library in GTS, then we can access in on PC. At the moment, when I go to your profile on GT online, then I can see 11 car liveries for Jaguar D-types, Aston DB3, AC Cobra, etc. If I click on it, I can "add to collection", which means I have access to it on GTS.

Period specific retro livery?
PROJECT__1 1.jpg

I might misunderstand the issue, but I think you can do it by saving to library in GTS. When I go to your profile on GT online, I can see 11 car liveries for Jaguar D-types, Aston DB3, AC Cobra, etc. If I click on it, I can "add to collection", which means I have access to it on GTS.

That is true, however I can only share with you liveries which I made myself. The ones I can make are very basic - you can all probably do better! I've saved to my library a lot of really good liveries by GTS experts - unfortunately the game won't let me share those with you. I could probably tell you the names of the creators so you could visit their galleries and save to your own library.

As you know @IfAndOr - that isn't an acceptable livery for a historic race series - it reminds me of John Lennons Rolls Royce!

Well, I need to check GTP more frequently it seems. Hopefully there'll be another one next Wednesday, and I can get my7 act together :crazy:

Hi Zolon! We will be doing a couple more rounds with the Mini's then switch to the Shelby Cobra for a few rounds.

Did anyone get all the results? Next time I will extend the postrace setting from 120 seconds to 180 seconds. I only managed to get results for races 2 and 3.

There is a replay of race 2 up for share on my profile if anyone wants to see it!

To save writing them down take a screen shot Sick. Press the share button on the controller while the results screen is shown. You can then view them later in the photo/picture app.

I think I was last, near the back, not near the front. :ill:

I was in last place, in all races, behind Paul, nearly money for Cobra.:D:D

To save writing them down take a screen shot Sick. Press the share button on the controller while the results screen is shown. You can then view them later in the photo/picture app.

I think I was last, near the back, not near the front. :ill:

I don't know how to take a screen shot and don't know which is the share button! Would someone else be able to do that and post it into the thread like AndreasR does in Project Cars?

I will be scoring peoples best 2 results out of 3. We will stick with 3 x 10 minute races with the Mini, but probably do 15 minute races with the more powerful cars / longer tracks.

I was in last place, in all races, behind Paul, nearly money for Cobra.:D:D

There should be plenty of time to save up for the Cobra. I'm hoping that the next short series after that will be for the Porsche 356 Speedster which is 1.2m (also available as a paid car via PSN for £2.49). After that people will have enough cars for some weekend Goodwood style special events!

Looking at the "unicorn poll" I had the idea of an poll where everybody who is participating the race can say yes or no until (latest) one or two hours before room starts then there should be at least two of them taking care of the results

Back