Sick's Race Room - Wednesday's 20:30 UK Time - 24th Feb Honda S800 N100@Suzuka - SPACES!!

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Sick Cylinder, May 15, 2020.

?

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

1. Ferrari 330 P4

70.0%
  2. Ford Mark 4

40.0%
  3. Jaguar XJ13

70.0%
  4. Ferrari 250 GTO

40.0%
  5. Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

55.0%
  6. Alfa Romeo TZ2

60.0%
  7. Jaguar D Type 1954

50.0%
  8. Aston Martin DB3S 1953

60.0%
  9. Ferrari 250 GT SWB

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. half_sourly

half_sourly

Okay. I would have considered that to be tuning, but if allowed I will do that.
    Thanks.

Sick Cylinder and John Wells like this.
  2. Benny44

Benny44

I'm always hoping to race, but am rarely able to. Tomorrow I am off a bit early, but my brother is coming down. Not sure when he'll be here, but if it's later I'd like to join. Only if the grid isn't full, of course as I can't say with certainty I will be a regular. Also wondering if it's ok if we paint our cars?

John Wells likes this.
  3. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

You are always welcome Benny. I am not expecting the room to be full, but hopefully the room will become popular on GTS.

Yes - you can paint your cars or use a livery that someone else has painted which you like. Race numbers are set to off so that the game doesn't automatically apply a number - those square GTS ones look awful on historic race cars. If possible use the big white or black roundels without a border as these are the most classic looking.

I have befriended a few of the best livery makers on GTS and will be sharing their work in my gallery in the game - they will be set for share with friends only (rather than set to all). So please have a look at those and pick what you want. I will be number 58 - the very talented Fisherat of the USA also races with number 58 so I'm able to race on GTS with my favourite number (a tribute to Marco Simoncelli). For some series we may use particular numbers for historical accuracy.

Yes - it is very strange in this game that power and weight changes don't count as tuning - I suppose this is because of the need to balance the performance of the cars. I originally wanted to set the power to 90bhp as this works best with the standard gearing, but the lowest power limit allowed by the room settings is 98bhp. NB the 970cc version of the Mini Cooper S was a homologation special - very few were sold for road use - they were normally 1,071cc or 1,275cc (for road use the bigger engines made more sense because of their greater flexibility). The 970 motors were bored out to 998cc for racing and in Group 5 spec for the BSCC (BTCC) produced up to 122bhp!

Warwick Banks won the ETCC with the Mini Cooper S in 1964 and was runner up in the BSCC in 1965.

Wednesday 27th May Programme: 20:30 UK Time, Brands Hatch Indy, Mini Cooper S 1965

10 minute races, no qualifying. Grid start with false start check. Grid based on previous race finish

Tuning prohibited
    Minimum weight 605kg (stock)
    Maximum power 98bhp (note tuning prohibited, but you raise the power via the slider)
    Tyres - Comfort Hard

John Wells, Sutsagrd and richroo like this.
  4. Napalm_LT

Napalm_LT

Does GTS has manual start? Car automatically go on green.

John Wells and richroo like this.
  5. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Hold the brake then accelerate on green, but don't go early or the game will hold you back for a few seconds.

John Wells and richroo like this.
  6. AndreasR

AndreasR

@Sick Cylinder , - instead of using " bhp " would you use " % " or both - that would be much easier for people like me who uses "kW" for powerrating.
    Same with weight as well if there is something else in use of "kg".

John Wells, Sick Cylinder and richroo like this.
  7. richroo

richroo

tesla race next time Nap can get a glass put your feet up and the radio on ... haha:lol::crazy::D:eek::idea:

John Wells likes this.
  8. Sutsagrd

Sutsagrd

Thanks for the heads up Paul. Completely missed this. Really good to see @Sick Cylinder back on GTS. I’d love to join but have to confess that once the lockdown eases I probably won’t be available on Wednesday evening. However I am available tonight and would love to join you guys.
    I only have the Jaguar XJ13 and will not be able to get any of the other unicorn cars easily

:cheers:

John Wells, IfAndOr and richroo like this.
  9. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible on GTS - it's a great shame because I've spent ages trawling through galleries finding the best replica and retro liveries with different race numbers. Perhaps I have to list the gallery makers name?

Thank you for advice - I have put the % into post 2 on page 1.

We would love to have you @Sutsagrd - I haven't advertised the series widely - I wanted to see what level of interest people have in the older cars on GTS. This first round is a bit of a test which has been delayed for a while - I had a bad hip for a couple of weeks then last Wednesday, a freak incident - a squirrel got into the loft then fell through the loft hatch resulting in much screaming and panic from the family!

John Wells and Sutsagrd like this.
  10. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Better than a unicorn I suppose. You can never get them to leave once they're in.

Is it going to be a friends only lobby tonight or an open one? Only if it's a friends one when the host leaves the room closes. If people are typing messages etc it might be best to leave it running for a little while before exiting.
    If it's an open one the host migrates to another member.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  11. half_sourly

half_sourly

I might misunderstand the issue, but I think you can do it by saving to library in GTS, then we can access in on PC. At the moment, when I go to your profile on GT online, then I can see 11 car liveries for Jaguar D-types, Aston DB3, AC Cobra, etc. If I click on it, I can "add to collection", which means I have access to it on GTS.

12. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Period specific retro livery?
    PROJECT__1 1.jpg

13. Harsk100

Harsk100

I have my Mini ready for tonight's race. :tup:

John Wells likes this.
  14. half_sourly

half_sourly

15. half_sourly

half_sourly

John Wells and IfAndOr like this.
  16. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

I'll keep the windows closed while racing. :dopey:

John Wells likes this.
  17. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

That is true, however I can only share with you liveries which I made myself. The ones I can make are very basic - you can all probably do better! I've saved to my library a lot of really good liveries by GTS experts - unfortunately the game won't let me share those with you. I could probably tell you the names of the creators so you could visit their galleries and save to your own library.

As you know @IfAndOr - that isn't an acceptable livery for a historic race series - it reminds me of John Lennons Rolls Royce!

Harsk100 and John Wells like this.
  18. Harsk100

Harsk100

I had fun at races today, I had won 2 of 3. I only didn't win the first one, because I forgot to set a lap time, which has put me to start at back of the grid. :indiff:

19. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

John Lennons Psychedelic Rolls Royce Phantom 5 AKA "The Beetle Mobile"

[​IMG]

PS - Is the chauffeur Ringo Star in drag (with fake boobs) or a real lady?

John Wells, IfAndOr, Sutsagrd and 2 others like this.
  20. Harsk100

Harsk100

Is the Minis a championship series? Hopefully that there are standings after yesterday's Brands Hatch...

21. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

I think you might have been smoking some 1960s "special" cigarettes!

Actually I think they are both dummies. Some sort of Beatles museum?

22. Zolon32

Zolon32

Well, I need to check GTP more frequently it seems. Hopefully there'll be another one next Wednesday, and I can get my7 act together :crazy:

23. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Hi Zolon! We will be doing a couple more rounds with the Mini's then switch to the Shelby Cobra for a few rounds.

Did anyone get all the results? Next time I will extend the postrace setting from 120 seconds to 180 seconds. I only managed to get results for races 2 and 3.

There is a replay of race 2 up for share on my profile if anyone wants to see it!

richroo and John Wells like this.
  24. half_sourly

half_sourly

My placings were 5, 5 and I think 8.

John Wells likes this.
  25. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

To save writing them down take a screen shot Sick. Press the share button on the controller while the results screen is shown. You can then view them later in the photo/picture app.

I think I was last, near the back, not near the front. :sick:

richroo, Sick Cylinder and John Wells like this.
  26. John Wells

John Wells

I was in last place, in all races, behind Paul, nearly money for Cobra.:D:D

richroo and Sick Cylinder like this.
  27. Harsk100

Harsk100

I finished 2nd behind Andreas on the first race and I won two last races.

John Wells and Sick Cylinder like this.
  28. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

I don't know how to take a screen shot and don't know which is the share button! Would someone else be able to do that and post it into the thread like AndreasR does in Project Cars?

I will be scoring peoples best 2 results out of 3. We will stick with 3 x 10 minute races with the Mini, but probably do 15 minute races with the more powerful cars / longer tracks.

There should be plenty of time to save up for the Cobra. I'm hoping that the next short series after that will be for the Porsche 356 Speedster which is 1.2m (also available as a paid car via PSN for £2.49). After that people will have enough cars for some weekend Goodwood style special events!

John Wells, Harsk100 and richroo like this.
  29. AndreasR

AndreasR

Looking at the "unicorn poll" I had the idea of an poll where everybody who is participating the race can say yes or no until (latest) one or two hours before room starts then there should be at least two of them taking care of the results

John Wells likes this.
  30. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Well the share button is easy, it's the little one to the left of the touchpad on the controller.

As for the rest - READ THIS. :tup: (It's quite easy)

John Wells and Sick Cylinder like this.