Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
I’m away this week so will miss this weeks race.

I just spent my 20 mill credits on a 330P4!! I have the 356 but could get the Aston by next Wednesday.

number 88 please for Porsche (Aston once I have enough credits)

:cheers:

#9 please; I'll make a livery.
Also, I'll have the DB3S in the next few days.

That's great half! Number 9 noted!

I’m away this week so will miss this weeks race.
I just spent my 20 mill credits on a 330P4!! I have the 356 but could get the Aston by next Wednesday.
number 88 please for Porsche (Aston once I have enough credits)

You could still win the series as there is one dropped score!

You won't use the Aston until round 4 so there is plenty of time to save up - it's only 10m!

Number 88 noted!

Two Champions - Porsche Champion Rounds 1-7 (1 dropped score)
Aston Champion - Porsche Rounds 1-3 and Aston Rounds 4-7 (1 dropped score)
Hi @Sick Cylinder. Just to clarify for the leaderboards I will be making:
- there will be one leaderboard for rounds 1 to 7, but only for those drivers who use the Porsche in all 7 rounds.
- there will be another leaderboard for rounds 1 to 7, but only for those drivers who use a Porsche in rounds 1-3 (only choice), but then switch to the Aston for rounds 4-7.

1) Is that a correct interpretation?

2) Does that mean someone who switches to the Aston in round 4 must stay in it to round 7, else drop off both leaderboards (as they would not meet the criteria for either)?

3) Or are drivers allowed to switch between the Aston and Porsche for rounds 4-7; these drivers would then not be on the 1st leaderboard (they didn't use the Porsche throughout), but would be on the second leaderboard.

Hi @Sick Cylinder. Just to clarify for the leaderboards I will be making:
- there will be one leaderboard for rounds 1 to 7, but only for those drivers who use the Porsche in all 7 rounds.
- there will be another leaderboard for rounds 1 to 7, but only for those drivers who use a Porsche in rounds 1-3 (only choice), but then switch to the Aston for rounds 4-7.

1) Is that a correct interpretation?

2) Does that mean someone who switches to the Aston in round 4 must stay in it to round 7, else drop off both leaderboards (as they would not meet the criteria for either)?

3) Or are drivers allowed to switch between the Aston and Porsche for rounds 4-7; these drivers would then not be on the 1st leaderboard (they didn't use the Porsche throughout), but would be on the second leaderboard.

1) Yes - correct interpretation.
2) Yes - people stay with the same car from round 4 onward.
3) No switching of cars from round 4 onward (even if the Aston is slower at some circuits)

Based on the number of people in the questionnaire who said they had an Aston and the number who have indicated they will have one in time for round 4, I am expecting half the field to be in either car.

It is not possible to get these cars exactly balanced so I think declaring two champions is the fairest way to proceed. The cars were very closely matched when I tested them, but they may not be as close for faster drivers, however I think they will be close enough in performance that we should get some exciting races. The Aston is faster in a straight line, but the Porsche has better brakes and better cornering.

I am hoping that this series will be successful and will open the door to some interesting series featuring unicorn cars and lower cost vehicles.

I'm already putting some mileage on my Porsche.

I tested the car with Comfort Medium in front and Soft in the rear and it understeers.

You have the choice of use soft tyres all round on the Porsche, but for a driver with lower skill like myself that is too difficult to control - for me it is better to have more control and less speed - I am expecting some of the fast drivers to prefer the soft tyres. Obviously this does not apply at Round 1 as dirt tyres will be fitted.

You have the choice of use soft tyres all round on the Porsche, but for a driver with lower skill like myself that is too difficult to control - for me it is better to have more control and less speed - I am expecting some of the fast drivers to prefer the soft tyres. Obviously this does not apply at Round 1 as dirt tyres will be fitted.
It's a great shame that the Race 2 of Round #1 was marred by connection issues. I was even disconnected before you all got disconnected...

So, who will use the Aston Martin from Round #4 onwards?

Results from round 1 at Sardegna Windmills - just 1 round due to connection issues in race 2.
Race 1.jpg

Leaderboard after round 1 (I have not yet deducted the worst result, else everyone would be on zero):
Wed Leaderboard.jpg

Last edited:
There was a programme on Ch4, Hitlers Supercars, should be quite interesting,(still got watch) World Speed Record Speed and GP cars had support.

Thread updated - current series details now in post 2 on page 1.

Note - there are a few spaces left if you want to join this series! - all welcome - young or old, novice or pro, fast or slow!

Sick and all.
Some of my outside commitments have started up again from this week. So basically I won’t be available to race regularly on Wednesday evening anymore from today. If it’s ok I might turn up now and then but if that’s going to cause trouble then please let me know.
I wish you all a great time and championship. I was looking forward to racing the 356 and Aston but it’s not to be.
BW all

:cheers:

@Sutsagrd
hey bud join as often as poss mate !

Hi new guys,
hope you enjoy racing with us ,
key points : race starts thats it ! no going back so dont crash dc or running back late to the grid ..
we like to race hard but respect your fellow racers when trying to pass !
we all make mistakes !!!!! :banghead: an apology is welcome :)
Have fun

Back