Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Final Leaderboard:
Wed Leaderboard.jpg

@buybon355

@GTP_Guido = Car number 4

Plus the drivers of 77 and 66 (sorry I have forgotten the driver names, but @Buybon had one of the best liveries and definitely deserves an extra point).

Next Round

Spa - Toyota 2000 GT @N300 on Sports Hard
The room will be set to N300. Increase the power level of your car until you reach N300 (Level 2) then enter the room and it will automatically be adjusted to the correct power and weight.

Note - this car has much better gearing than the Corvette so we will be able to use a wider range of circuits including ones with long straights - we will start with Spa - I welcome any suggestions for circuits to try with the Toyota. Note 2 - the seating position is quite low compared with the Corvette, but the cockpit view is still good.

Note 3 - I am planning to start racing on AC (probably on Thursday evenings) using cars from the Ultimate Edition - this game is now only £8.24 on PSN (if you already have the basic game it is cheaper to buy the Ultimate Edition than purchase the DLC or Season Pass separately)

Note 4 - I intend to keep racing on GTS on Wednesday's (probably until the next GT game comes out) - there are still lots of interesting classic cars and tracks to try.

You do know you can adjust the seating position? Pause / Advanced options.

No - I didn't know - thanks, I will try adjusting tomorrow.

Forgot to say earlier that my car is number 58 and metallic mist green with a broad yellow stripe bordered with british racing green and very dark green wheels!

Number 50 please, does any one know what CP means. Seen a couple of liveries with it on.

Hi John - CP stands for Class C Production. SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) splits production sports cars into category based on engine size with AP being for the largest engines. The Jaguar E Type V12 in PC2 was a B Production car.

To be classified as a Sports Car the vehicle had to have two seats, hence the Mustang GT350's (which won B Production) were sold with no back seat and a spare wheel in its place. This also happened with the Chevrolet Corvair Monza - special two seater versions were sold under the name Yenko Stinger and raced in D Production - Don Yenko was to Chevrolet almost what Carroll Shelby was to Ford - i.e. a mechanical magician!

That is very lovely @GTP_Guido - you are definitely front runner for an extra point for best livery. Hopefully someone else will replicate the SCCA CP blue number 23 livery. I suggest you all click on the link that Guido provided. In 1969 the Toyota 2000 GT was 2nd and 3rd in C Production with Porsche taking 1st with the 911.

I don't know if I could race today, but if I'm able to, then I would like to use #1, if possible.

You are welcome to race today and number 1 is available, but please be respectful of other drivers - give them space, avoid risky moves and if you gain an advantage following an accidental collision - remember to give the place back!

I want everyone to be able to join good, clean racing whether they are near the front or the back of the grid - and I don't want anyone to have they race ruined by careless or clumsy attempts to pass.

Enjoy the new series everyone - suggestions of tracks to try with the Toyota 2000 GT are welcome!

I hate the GTS livery creator. Not the programme itself but the fact that it consumes time like a black hole.

I just thought I'd spend a few minutes and quickly cobble something together then hours later I end up with this.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201104191450.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201104191619.jpg

I do know a bit more about how it all works now though!

Back