Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
While I've still got it installed, just for a laugh I might try my hand at hosting on GTS tonight, if Half doesn't beat me to it that is. I don't think I've tried it before. It might not be the Toyota though, probably random cars (classes) around random circuits. Bop'd and boosted to keep everyone together maybe!

If it all goes disastrously wrong I could always fire up PC2. :scared: :D

Thanks for the offer IfAndOr; I was typing the below while you posted.

In the spirit of 2021 seems to be 2020 all over again, I could set up a contingency series reprising each week two circuits for each of the cars we've used so far in this thread. So it could be:
  • Mini Cooper S 1965 at Brands Hatch Indy and Tsukuba
  • Shelby Cobra 427 at Suzuka and Sardegna Road C II
  • Porsche 365 at Lago Maggiore Centre and Dragon Trail Gardens
  • Aston Martin DB3S at Red Bull Ring short and Goodwood
  • Corvette C3 at St Croix B and Laguna Seca
  • Toyota 2000 GT at Spa and Monza
If people like the idea, I'll do the Mini round tonight.

Thanks Half, still haven't tried setting up a room. Hi Sick hope well, ready some racing again. Paul you will love Red 2, brother playing it. Railway stuff in again, different first game, grass and such.

I like that idea Harsk. Tell you what, why don't we just turn up at the usual time (8pm) and I'll do a few informal 10-minute races. People can join in as and when they want. We can do the Fiat and Sambabus and start at Tsukuba; I could do a 'vote for next circuit' thing for ones after that.

Any other suggestions for oddball cars to use, let me know here, or just type them in the chat tonight. See you all at 8pm UK time.

Any other suggestions for oddball cars to use, let me know her
A few I thought of that might remain in Sick's era - and I've got.

Toyota 800 '65
Alpine A110 '72 (not oddball)
Mazda RX500 '70
Arbarth Biposto Bertone BAT '52
De Tomaso Pantera '71 (sort of a oddball)

Good fun tonight, thanks all.
Here is the result from that last race I said I'd post.
Race 1.jpg

Hi guys - I'm back!

I did some GTS at the weekend and have picked an easy car, track and tyre combination for my first online race for a long time - Honda S800 1966 (58k credits) @N100 = Power 118bhp (172%), weight 892kg (124%) - sounds great and surprsingly fast and enjoyable.

Must dash - work calls!

PS - I have chosen number 58 as usual!

Last edited:
and have picked an easy car, track and tyre combination
You told us the first one but... Oh wait, I've just spotted the thread title. Just the one item to go then. I expect it's race softs? ;)

Actually we gave the little Honda a run in a couple of races during your absence. It is pretty lively, possibly less so at its standard settings.

@Skip7950 - now you're hopefully back racing on Mondays with me, do you also fancy a go with Sick on Wednesdays in GTS using his antique older style of cars? I think you've got GTS.

You told us the first one but... Oh wait, I've just spotted the thread title. Just the one item to go then. I expect it's race softs? ;)

Actually we gave the little Honda a run in a couple of races during your absence. It is pretty lively, possibly less so at its standard settings.

@Skip7950 - now you're hopefully back racing on Mondays with me, do you also fancy a go with Sick on Wednesdays in GTS using his antique older style of cars? I think you've got GTS.

I forgot to mention Sports Hard - that is the tyre which the game defaults to when you use this car at N100 level. It's a shame the game doesn't offer an N50 category to cover the lowest level of cars as some would probably still be fun.

Don't know what happened at the start of race 3 - on my screen the front 2 cars missed the start and I shot into the lead - people then disconnected one at a time until it was just me and Sean after half a lap. I tried to send a message, but the PS4 wouldn't let me!

Better luck next week!

Don't know what happened at the start of race 3
To me your car remained on the start line for half a lap then you disconnected, which closed the room. You did appear to have a little bit of a dodgy connection throughout last week, there was some jiggling about lag type effects going on. You also had a red "ping" bar at times.

Still wired in?

The scoring mechanism Sick asked me to use is:
  • 1 point for last (or DNF) and +1 for each higher place
  • 1 point for each fastest lap, but only 1 point if same player has both FL
  • No dropped scores
  • Score the first two races; any subsequent races are for fun only.

Still wired in?

I was using powerline adapters (using the mains circuit), but an electrical surge blew my router! I tried drilling through the garage floor - my gaming room (Family / TV room) is part of the floor below the garage, but after blunting several expensive drill bits and getting virtually nowhere I gave up (feeling a bit guilty because it was my neighbours drill!). So currently wireless - if it proves to be a problem we can switch Hosts to @Half or yourself or some other kind soul.

Next Round - 3rd Feb at Autopolis Shortcut - I don't know this track very well, but it seems well suited to a car with N100 power!

The scoring mechanism Sick asked me to use is:

• 1 point for last (or DNF) and +1 for each higher place
  • 1 point for each fastest lap, but only 1 point if same player has both FL
  • No dropped scores
  • Score the first two races; any subsequent races are for fun only.

This is spot on - and thanks very much @Half for doing the scoring - it is greatly appreciated!

We will be doing some interesting matchups and classic series with historic paint and tracks etc. but due to being extra busy at work I have decided to delay these until (probably) after the lockdown when I should have more time. There will probably be a new thread for those series.

I am still planning / hoping to do a Series (or two) for the Maserati 250F on AC, but that needs to wait until there is more time and I'm less tired!

Were the powerline adaptors also damaged, could you not use those again? Your connection seemed solid enough when you were using them.

So currently wireless
The trouble with GTS is if you go we all go.

I tried drilling through the garage floor
It sounds like your man cave is literally in a cave! Have you tried Thermite? :P

Last edited:
Back