Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
Crikey @richroo ! I've looked at the replay and I honestly can't distinguish your driving from mine. Same throttle modulation, same lines... We even go sideways to almost exactly the same degree. I really don't know what the difference is. Could be something to do with the fact that I'm semi retired, and have three times the number of miles on my motor than you have. I do get a lot of time behind the wheel.

Possibly the answer is to not drive like we do, and try to adapt to Harsk's style :)

Thanks for taking the time to look @Zolon32 , must be wheel spin and yes time ! I have put no time into gts just run round the track few times then race ..
Was more thinking a few laps together would be helpful plus would be nice to catch up !
when do you actually get on as i only see your ps permanently on gts lol.

as i only see your ps permanently on gts lol.
I think the power button on his PS4 is broken. :D

As Zo says I think it's just familiarisation. After so much time spent on PC2 I can't put a decent lap in on GTS. I can race a twitching LMP2 machine successfully through rain and snow (with no ABS!) in PC but jump back into GT and nope, crash at the first corner. It's what your brain gets used too.

And mentioning ABS, Zo does run without it - which can make a difference to cornering speeds and ffb feel. If you can master it!

Next round - on Wednesday 15th July - is the final round of this series with the Cobra and will be at Sardegna Road CII (C2 is the reverse layout).

Congratulations to @Harsk100 - your prize is a special Champion livery Cobra - available to download from my gallery now (sorry it's only a virtual car) - please use it for the final round on Wednesday 15th July.

Next round - on Wednesday 15th July - is the final round of this series with the Cobra and will be at Sardegna Road CII (C2 is the reverse layout).

Congratulations to @Harsk100 - your prize is a special Champion livery Cobra - available to download from my gallery now (sorry it's only a virtual car) - please use it for the final round on Wednesday 15th July.
The livery is applied on my car now. Thanks!

Race Results from Sardegna Road C2

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Final Standings:
Wed Leaderboard.jpg

And a period-appropriate grainy picture of our champion in his winner's livery.
harsk.jpg

I still can't believe that I had scored the maximum points in all races.

Why is a result of 20 points being dropped, if I had scored 20 points in all rounds?

Hi Harsk. You've already asked this question and it has already been answered - see Sick's reply to you below; you may have to click "Expand". In short, the answer is, as they say in England "Them's the rules". Or in normal language, the rules are that the worst score is dropped. Your worst score is 20, hence it is dropped.

The original plan was to run 9 rounds with 3 cars making up the championship - Mini, Cobra and Porsche 356, however the Mini was such good fun and the Cobra is also very entertaining so this current series will just be for two cars - the Mini and the Cobra with 8 rounds (one round cancelled due to PSN problems). We are only counting the best result in each round so there should be 7 scores for each driver.

Yes - there will be one dropped score in the GTS championships, but not in the PC2 ones. The dropped score makes the scoring more difficult - @half_sourly it will be best to have two total columns - one for total points and one with the lowest score dropped.

We have operated this system in the past and stopped using it because it seemed to encourage absences, however attendance is good on GTS so don't I think it will be a problem on that game.

@Sick Cylinder What circuit are we racing at next week please? And are we at 100% power/weight?

Cheers, Zo.

100% weight, 142% power, maximum tyre = comfort soft, minimum tyre = comfort medium. NB I recommend soft rears and medium fronts, but racers can choose soft all round if they prefer.

I am open to suggestions for the first three tracks - it would be best to suggest tracks with short straights as at 142% power the Porsche 356 reaches the rev limiter very quickly on the standard gearing which we are running.

Second attempt...

Porsche v Aston 1950's Battle which climaxes at Goodwood !!!

Rounds 1-7 Porsche 356 Speedster: Power 142%, Weight 100% - Tyres Max = Comfort Soft (recommended Medium Front & Soft Rear)

Rounds 4-7 Aston DB3S: Power 100%, Weight 100% - Tyres Max = Comfort Medium

Drivers listed for Aston so far are: Zolon, Sick, Jammy and Andreas (difficult to believe Harsk hasn't got one yet as he has won 491m)

Two Champions - Porsche Champion Rounds 1-7 (1 dropped score)
Aston Champion - Porsche Rounds 1-3 and Aston Rounds 4-7 (1 dropped score)

All Rounds = 2 x 15 minute races with only the best result counting.
(If time permits there may be a third non-scoring fun race in reverse grid order)

Round 1 = Sardegna Windmills Gravel - the car will automatically be fitted with dirt tyres

Round 2 = Autodromo Lago Maggiore Centre II

Round 3 = Dragon Trail Gardens

Round 4 = Willow Springs, Big Willow

Round 5 = Red Bull Ring Short Track

Round 6 = Tsukuba

Round 7 = Goodwood

NB I tried all the suggested tracks and decided to use Alsace in a later series as it will take quite a lot of learning!

I hope everyone enjoys this series and also hope we get more people to race the Aston - ideally I would like half the field - it sounds incredible and has a fantastic cockpit view. In testing the cars were very closely matched at the tracks used for rounds 4-7, but for the sake of fairness there will be 2 Champions (the cars may not be as close when used by faster, more skilled drivers).

NB - If anyone new wants to join this series - you will be welcome - just leave your name in the thread!
Fast or slow, novice or pro, young or old welcome - just try your best to avoid contact and give back a place if you gained it through contact.

Back