Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
@Sick Cylinder, four of us did two 3-lap races with the Pantera at N500. My view is that the car is still stable, still has understeer on entry, but with the extra power has more risk of oversteer on exit. I'd be happy with either setting, but if pushed might say N500 because of the slight extra challenge it brings.

@Sick Cylinder, four of us did two 3-lap races with the Pantera at N500. My view is that the car is still stable, still has understeer on entry, but with the extra power has more risk of oversteer on exit. I'd be happy with either setting, but if pushed might say N500 because of the slight extra challenge it brings.

Thanks for testing - we will stick at N400 for the rest of this series, but will race the Pantera at N500 in a future series!

This weeks track will be Spa Francorchamps and next week La Sarthe - I am trying to focus first on tracks at which the Pantera actually raced in period (although we will use the version of La Sarthe with chicanes otherwise the long straights can be a bit tedious).

NB If anyone is interested there are a lot of different Pantera liveries available to download from my gallery if required. I was planning to post up some pictures of racing Panteras to show the liveries used from 1972-79 and possibly have a go at making some of them, but haven't got round to that yet!

Results from Spa:

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Standings:
Wed Leaderboard.jpg

New Series - 1967 Chevy Nova N700 - car available from the Gran Turismo dealership located in Japan

Round 1 is at Brands Hatch GP

There are some race liveries for the Nova available to download from my gallery if required. If you want a different race number just let me know and I will reupload with the requested number. Please make requests via PSN as due to computer / laptop problems I am not checking GTPlanet very often.

The series will be unscored - i.e. just for fun. Big thanks to Half Sourly for scoring the previous series.

New film Missle From The East, about Ernest Degner, MZ rider from East Germany. About he's, deflection to West, 60 years ago. Taking two stroke knowledge, to Suzuki starting two stroke revolution. Available on Sky.

New film Missle From The East, about Ernest Degner, MZ rider from East Germany. About he's, deflection to West, 60 years ago. Taking two stroke knowledge, to Suzuki starting two stroke revolution. Available on Sky.

Hi John - I have the book by Mat Oxley "Stealing Speed" about Ernst Degners life - utterly brilliant read - get it if you can find a copy at a sensible price!

Next race is at Dragon Trail Seaside (20th October). Final race of the series (27th October) Nurburgring 24H - the long track which includes the old circuit.

New series will be for the TVR Tuscan - there are many different liveries for this car available to download from my gallery - I have done a 41 John Wells and a number 1 Harsk. If anyone likes a livery and wants their number to be applied let me know - best to communicate with me via the playstation - I am rarely on GT Planet at the moment as my laptop failed and I don't have a smart phone. Daughter will be getting a new laptop soon and passing her old one on to me so I should be back on GT Planet and relaunching our thread in a few weeks.

Watched a great film, on sky documenters about Ronnie Peterson The Flying Swede. Also 7 part program about the history of F1, called Race To Perfection.

Sorry to see you're stopping (at least for the moment) Sick. I hope those personal circumstances aren't to drastic and that maybe you are able to continue at some stage.

You got me into online racing and yes indeed in those 10 or so years there have been many highlights. 10 years! Blimey!

All the best, take care - Paul.

Just contemplating buying GT7 now that PC seems a dead franchise. I came here to see what you guys were up to these days and saw the room was closed now. I hope everything is ok @Sick Cylinder and that you'll reopen it when you're ready. Your room was the first league I joined when I got into sim racing – it always had great car/circuit choices and I always enjoyed the historical stories and anecdotes that came with them. Many happy memories racing PC2 in DBR1s, SWBs, 917s and... Ginettas! Not the olds Mustangs though. I always bloody hated the Mustang and that bloody live axle!

To the others still active, are there any rooms in GT that have the same spirit and classic-car focus as Sick's room? Or is GT7 still finding its feet online?

Hi @joedakiss, good to "see you" again. I hope all is well with you.

Yes there's many happy memories from racing with Sick & Co. He doesn't visit GTP so regularly but I'm sure he may reply when able.

GT7 - I'm not sure if anyone is running anything. I haven't got it myself, maybe sometime in the future, I'm not sure. I know some in my group of drivers (see below) have it so there could be a possibility. Although from what I see on the threads, in GT7 the cars that Sick liked to use would be expensive in time or money to purchase!

PC2 is a little dead but I'm still flying the flag on Monday evenings. If you look through the PC2 online racing section there's only me and Zolon (same group, some you might remember) who are racing these days - well via GTP anyway. And talking about Ginettas :)

Back