Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
Great photos half, you never tried motorbike game, MotoGP or Ride a little different, to 4 wheels.

Got my car sorted now Sick, only GT would tuning up, to tune down again, silly game.:boggled:

I will be producing a table very soon. I will only be scoring drivers best result in each round - for example if two people both won a race they will both get the same points from that round. This saves me a lot of time and means that you don't need to worry about the odd race where an accident happened as you have another race in which there is an opportunity to do your best. This type of scoring was my intention from the start and I am sorry if anyone is disappointed that their points score will be lower than they expected.

I thought that there were going to be points from each race, which one of the lowest scores being dropped in each race

as Harsk was asking did you take all's best finish to fill results for mini rounds
And Harsk's penalty!

Harsk and Rich, as I pointed out above the first leaderboard, I have used the scoring system Sick wrote about later- quoted here for reference.

And Harsk's penalty!
You'll need to fill me in on this, didn't think we did penalties or reviews.

Terribly sorry about the mix-up yesterday chaps. I came on at eight, erroneously thinking that was when it all kicked off and I'd have an hour to wrangle the motor around Brands on glass tyres. Then I spent fifteen minutes putting a retro livery on the Cobra Daytona, which was the wrong car when I finally joined the room. I was in a bit of a tiz, and just banged the weight down and down, waiting for it to turn red...

Oops. It's a hell of a pity, because I haven't raced such a fun combo of car and tyres in a long time.

See you next time, when I hope I'm more organised.

And sorry for pinching the quickest lap with an illegal motor @jammy21 ;)

Cheers, Zo.

Here is a leaderboard - happy to update it weekly.

I've used the latest announcement on scoring, which is each driver gets points for the best position achieved over the 3 races.

Thanks - that's great - very helpful!

I thought that there were going to be points from each race, which one of the lowest scores being dropped in each race.

I did consider that, but I decided to just count the top result - it fits an informal series

Didn't think we did penalties or reviews.

Years back on GT6 we did reviews, but eventually it got out of hand with poor @IfAndOr who was the unofficial Chief Steward spending inordinate amounts of time poring over replays. One guy started writing essays about all the driving errors - I think he is the only person we have banned in the last 10 years.

We can do reviews if necessary, but with a fun series of short races with only the best result from each round counting I hope they won't be needed.

Terribly sorry about the mix-up yesterday chaps. I was in a bit of a tiz, and just banged the weight down and down, waiting for it to turn red... Oops. It's a hell of a pity, because I haven't raced such a fun combo of car and tyres in a long time. And sorry for pinching the quickest lap with an illegal motor @jammy21 ;) Cheers, Zo.

The apologies are all mine - I just had a new fridge delivered - which kindly arrived half way through my dinner - why when they had all day! The old fridge leaked water all over the floor when the delivery guys moved it and I slipped spraying my remaining curry all over the kitchen cabinets - and unusually for me - the air turned blue! I didn't think Mrs Cylinder was going to let me race, but luckily I just got the silent treatment!

I set up a new room for the Cobra and tried to set it to non-fixed ownership (so people can keep racing after the meeting, but my game never allows that option to be changed!). Like Zolon I was in a Tiswas and left the weight for the Mini - it has now been changed for the correct figure!

PS - glad Zolon liked the car and tyre combination! I watch a lot of historic racing at Brands and the cars move around a lot in real life as they have to use crossplies with a replica tread pattern and hard compound.

PPS - I took a photo of two of my Cobra's together which unintentionally sported different tyres and noticed that the Comfort had a vintage tread pattern, but the Sport featured a modern one!

Last edited:
I did consider that, but I decided to just count the top result - it fits an informal series
Ah ok.

Years back on GT6 we did reviews, but eventually it got out of hand with poor @IfAndOr who was the unofficial Chief Steward spending inordinate amounts of time poring over replays. One guy started writing essays about all the driving errors - I think he is the only person we have banned in the last 10 years.
Well, there was a guy who made burnouts at finish line and ruined people's races in Can-Am Toyota 7 Series and as result, he would not be welcome to race here again.

Hey bud ,
as Harsk was asking did you take all's best finish to fill results for mini rounds
And Harsk's penalty!
Penalty?

I tried one years ago, might have been TT on PS2, but didn't enjoy it. Riding is so much about the body and there's no Playseat for that!
I loved that game, on PS2, the new games, on PS4 are very immersive, feel lots speed in cockpit view.
Play in chase cam most, yes but one of those would take, a full room in a house.:lol:

How do I paint exhaust on Cobra?

How do I paint exhaust on Cobra?
Screenshot_2020-06-25-15-05-15-871.jpeg
;)

You mean like this @John Wells?
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200625152113.jpg

It's not that difficult to do but hard to explain, if that makes sense. But it's all to do with decals, not paint. You need to "wrap" one around it using the projection options.

The exhaust, bumpers, windscreen frame etc can be decaled using the "other" section.
Like this.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200625152216.jpg

Fellas, I've been invited to join in a garden darts/BBQ/drinking session tomorrow evening, and since the wife fancies herself with the old arrows I do feel the need to bring her down a peg or two. Accordingly, I have severe doubts as to whether I will be able to join you in the historic racing.

Sorry... Zo.

I thought I'd better not mention your addiction to "scapes". Oops, I just did. :)

Blame @half_sourly he's the one responsible - the one who taught me how to use the livery maker!

Not sure who forced me to make the motorsport liveries of the world for the Jaguar D Type, but it has been a good way to learn how to use the livery creator while also learning the colours - who would have thought that Egypt was pale lavender and Hungary was a green rear, white front and red bonnet!

@half_sourly could you split the tables so mini round is permanently there will continue the updates for the current convective rounds ...
Also could you have a look at old table and make something nice and bright pls will be seen by all :bowdown:
Rich

Back