Sick's Race Room - CLOSED - Thank you to all who participated

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

• Total voters
Sorry guys, I‘m on vacation and couldn‘t make the season finale.
But I‘ll be back next week with my „Ferrari“... :cheers:

full

https://www.motor1.com/news/98578/corvette-ferrari-le-mans-feature/

Power - 358bhp (Level 1@120%)
Weight - 1443kg (Level 2@93%)

All drivers, could I ask that you please sort out your BOP before race-day; looking for compliance before the race is easy and quick, but then trying to get the attention of someone who is not complying and helping them become compliant takes away a fair chunk of my practice / warm-up time.

Thanks

thank you all for supporting the series.
I'm sorry I haven't been around recently. I was SO rubbish the last time I joined, sliding about and crashing, that I rage deleted GTS! :P (I was also after some hard drive space to fit on a game I'd been loaned by a friend). So I haven't had it installed for a few weeks.

I might give GTS another go sometime but I've just never been able to get "the feel" for it after playing so much PC2.

sort out your BOP
Since there's only the one car this time Sick could perhaps set the max & min limits. Everyone would have to comply to enter then. Well I think that's how it works.

Did some testing today - have to say I´m not very happy with the BoP 120/93 because it is very hard to drive the curves if one has to correct with throttle or breaking the car can be lost easily. This is much better with more weight. So why not use the Standard-BoP which is 132%/102% which would have the advantage that you can fix it in the room settings and for the drivers that it will then be choosen automatically when you enter with N400 class which can be achieved with Level 1 on power and weight.

Great job with the livery @GTP_Guido

I might give GTS another go sometime but I've just never been able to get "the feel" for it after playing so much PC2.

I think that is what has happened to me with PC2 - I didn't intend to play a lot of GTS, but was forced to do a lot of grinding to get credits for the unicorn cars - now I find my wheel feels broken if I try PC2. It's possible that it is failing - I don't think the fans work anymore so now I only use it with an external fan cooling the motor side of the casing.

Did some testing today - have to say I´m not very happy with the BoP 120/93 because it is very hard to drive the curves if one has to correct with throttle or breaking the car can be lost easily. This is much better with more weight. So why not use the Standard-BoP which is 132%/102% which would have the advantage that you can fix it in the room settings and for the drivers that it will then be choosen automatically when you enter with N400 class which can be achieved with Level 1 on power and weight.

I confess that I wasn't aware of how the BOP option worked - it would simplify things to use BOP. I did a lot of testing today comparing the car with BOP at N300 and N400 and will do some more testing tomorrow.

Hi Harsk. No, Sick has asked me to use a different system; the one we use for IfAndOr's PC2 series.

Last place gets one point and each person above gets one more.
Both races count.
One point for fastest lap in each race, unless it is the same driver (max one point per driver per round)
No dropped scores.

I thought that we were allowed to have 2 points...
One point for fastest lap in each race, unless it is the same driver (max one point per driver per round)
;)

Sorry @half_sourly I've upset your table by making an appearance.

I was free so I thought I'd give the Corvette a go. It sounds good but it's certainly not one to be thrown around corners!

Car is a handful
It could certainly do with its anti-roll bars stiffening up. Or perhaps just having some anti-roll bars would help.

Actually it's the lack of grip I struggled with more than the body movement. I'd come out of a slower corner in 3rd gear and the wheels would still spin up on acceleration!
Also I ought to swap back to full ABS, I was on weak, that might have helped. Although in doing that I loose all feel under braking.

Anyway it was good to see you folks in GTS again. 👍

practice weight transfer management.
I do that. What to have, a salad or fish 'n chips. :)

Next Round - Autodromo Lago Maggiore - Centre

Hope you can race again @IfAndOr - also calling @Zolon32 and @buybon355 - we would love to see you again! There are a few spaces available for old hands or newcomers - all welcome!

Action from a previous round

2 Stars & Stripes.jpg

NB - I have decided to award one extra point for the best liveries - at the moment 77 and number 4 look likely to get that point!

C3 NART.jpg

Back