Sick's Race Room - Wednesday's 20:30 UK Time - 7th Apr Mazda RX7 '90 N200@Tokyo Exp - SPACES!!

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Sick Cylinder, May 15, 2020.

?

Which Unicorn Cars do you have?

1. Ferrari 330 P4

71.4%
  2. Ford Mark 4

38.1%
  3. Jaguar XJ13

71.4%
  4. Ferrari 250 GTO

38.1%
  5. Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

57.1%
  6. Alfa Romeo TZ2

57.1%
  7. Jaguar D Type 1954

47.6%
  8. Aston Martin DB3S 1953

57.1%
  9. Ferrari 250 GT SWB

47.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GTP_Guido

GTP_Guido Premium

2. half_sourly

half_sourly

Excellent story. Wood and duck tape repairs, 'liberated' Peugeot spare wheel...

3. half_sourly

half_sourly

c3.jpg
    White and black, #9, based on this Ecurie Léopard car driven by Jacques Bourdon and Jean-Claude Aubriet in the 1970 Le Mans 24 hours. They had an accident and didn't finish...

4. half_sourly

half_sourly

All drivers, could I ask that you please sort out your BOP before race-day; looking for compliance before the race is easy and quick, but then trying to get the attention of someone who is not complying and helping them become compliant takes away a fair chunk of my practice / warm-up time.

Thanks

5. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

I'm sorry I haven't been around recently. I was SO rubbish the last time I joined, sliding about and crashing, that I rage deleted GTS! :p (I was also after some hard drive space to fit on a game I'd been loaned by a friend). So I haven't had it installed for a few weeks.

I might give GTS another go sometime but I've just never been able to get "the feel" for it after playing so much PC2.

Since there's only the one car this time Sick could perhaps set the max & min limits. Everyone would have to comply to enter then. Well I think that's how it works.

6. AndreasR

AndreasR

Did some testing today - have to say I´m not very happy with the BoP 120/93 because it is very hard to drive the curves if one has to correct with throttle or breaking the car can be lost easily. This is much better with more weight. So why not use the Standard-BoP which is 132%/102% which would have the advantage that you can fix it in the room settings and for the drivers that it will then be choosen automatically when you enter with N400 class which can be achieved with Level 1 on power and weight.

7. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Not that I'm an expert (see previous post!) but in GT I found that cars were often better to drive with more weight. It makes them more planted to the road surface. This is somewhat dependent on tyre choice though.

8. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Great job with the livery @GTP_Guido

I think that is what has happened to me with PC2 - I didn't intend to play a lot of GTS, but was forced to do a lot of grinding to get credits for the unicorn cars - now I find my wheel feels broken if I try PC2. It's possible that it is failing - I don't think the fans work anymore so now I only use it with an external fan cooling the motor side of the casing.

I confess that I wasn't aware of how the BOP option worked - it would simplify things to use BOP. I did a lot of testing today comparing the car with BOP at N300 and N400 and will do some more testing tomorrow.

9. half_sourly

half_sourly

10. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Yes - BOP will be set to N300 - if anyone enters the room with their car set to 100% / 100% the room will automatically adjust their car to N300 BOP which is 99% / 93%.

PS - As we already have a red car, I will race a black C3 with white stripe, number 58.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  11. Harsk100

Harsk100

I'll take the number #1, with a Orange C3.

12. half_sourly

half_sourly

Results from St. Croix BII

Race 1:
    Race 1.jpg

Race 2:

Race 2.jpg

Leaderboard after Round 1:
    Wed Leaderboard.jpg

13. Harsk100

Harsk100

Sick Cylinder and John Wells like this.
  14. half_sourly

half_sourly

Hi Harsk. No, Sick has asked me to use a different system; the one we use for IfAndOr's PC2 series.

Last place gets one point and each person above gets one more.
    Both races count.
    One point for fastest lap in each race, unless it is the same driver (max one point per driver per round)
    No dropped scores.

15. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Hey that's a copyright infringement! Oh wait, he did suggest it in the first place. OK carry on. :)

Joking aside. Even with just the 2 race results it does seem to work quite well. It gives a more balanced less extreme results table.

16. buybon355

buybon355

Great car this, slides about nicely, but still has good traction and brakes. Had a couple of really good scraps with Guido - very clean despite all the opposite lock. Good fun.

17. John Wells

John Wells

18. half_sourly

half_sourly

Might have a go at sim-biking again...

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  19. John Wells

John Wells

That would be great Half, when your in helmet view, more immersion. But may be as ex racer, still won't feel same. They have lots bikes, modern, 1990s, 125s, 250s and good race liveries to.

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  20. John Wells

John Wells

Ride 4 preview.

21. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Looks great John - I might be tempted!

John Wells likes this.
  22. half_sourly

half_sourly

Results from Alsace:

Race 1:
    Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
    Race 2.jpg

Leaderboard:
    Wed Leaderboard.jpg

23. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

24. half_sourly

half_sourly

Results from Laguna Seca:

Race 1:
    Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
    Race 2.jpg

Leaderboard:
    Wed Leaderboard.jpg

25. Harsk100

Harsk100

26. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

;)

Sorry @half_sourly I've upset your table by making an appearance.

I was free so I thought I'd give the Corvette a go. It sounds good but it's certainly not one to be thrown around corners!

27. half_sourly

half_sourly

Good to see you there @IfAndOr. Car is a handful, but fine once you get used to it. In a glass half-full kind of way, it provides a good opportunity to practice weight transfer management. :idea:

John Wells and GTP_Guido like this.
  28. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

It could certainly do with its anti-roll bars stiffening up. Or perhaps just having some anti-roll bars would help.

Actually it's the lack of grip I struggled with more than the body movement. I'd come out of a slower corner in 3rd gear and the wheels would still spin up on acceleration!
    Also I ought to swap back to full ABS, I was on weak, that might have helped. Although in doing that I loose all feel under braking.

Anyway it was good to see you folks in GTS again. :tup:

I do that. What to have, a salad or fish 'n chips. :)

29. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Next Round - Autodromo Lago Maggiore - Centre

Hope you can race again @IfAndOr - also calling @Zolon32 and @buybon355 - we would love to see you again! There are a few spaces available for old hands or newcomers - all welcome!

Action from a previous round

2 Stars & Stripes.jpg

NB - I have decided to award one extra point for the best liveries - at the moment 77 and number 4 look likely to get that point!

C3 NART.jpg

Harsk100, John Wells, IfAndOr and 2 others like this.
  30. buybon355

buybon355

Yeah i'll be there. Had unexpected visitors last week, so had to skip the races, but partial lockdown should keep those pesky humans away.

Glad you like my livery!