• Total voters
Results from Round 3 at Dragon Trail Gardens:

Race 1:

Race 1.jpg

Race 2:

Race 2.jpg

Leaderboard:

Wed Leaderboard.jpg

- there will be one leaderboard for rounds 1 to 7, but only for those drivers who use the Porsche in all 7 rounds.
- there will be another leaderboard for rounds 1 to 7, but only for those drivers who use a Porsche in rounds 1-3 (only choice), but then switch to the Aston for rounds 4-7.

All drivers, if you get time before next Wednesday, please let me know which of the Porsche or Aston Martin you intend to use for rounds 4 to 7, so that I can prepare the split leaderboard. No problem if you can't; I'll obviously see what you turn up in, but knowing ahead of time would save me some time after the race next Wednesday.
Thanks

EDIT: If, like me, you want to test the Aston first, the BOP (per Sick's earlier post) is 100%/100% and tyre is Comfort Medium.

Last edited:
All drivers, if you get time before next Wednesday, please let me know which of the Porsche or Aston Martin you intend to use for rounds 4 to 7, so that I can prepare the split leaderboard. No problem if you can't; I'll obviously see what you turn up in, but knowing ahead of time would save me some time after the race next Wednesday.
Thanks
Is it possible for a driver winning both Porsche and Aston Martin Championships?

Is it possible for a driver winning both Porsche and Aston Martin Championships?

Yes.
- If you use a Porsche for all 7 rounds, you could win the Porsche and the 'Porsche and Aston' championship.
- If you use a Porsche for rounds 1-3 and the Aston for 4-7, you could win only the 'Porsche and Aston' championship.
- If you use a Porsche for rounds 1-3 and switch between the Porsche and Aston for rounds 4-7, you can win nada.

Yes.
- If you use a Porsche for all 7 rounds, you could win the Porsche and the 'Porsche and Aston' championship.
- If you use a Porsche for rounds 1-3 and the Aston for 4-7, you could win only the 'Porsche and Aston' championship.
- If you use a Porsche for rounds 1-3 and switch between the Porsche and Aston for rounds 4-7, you can win nada.
I meant to say "winning both Aston Martin and Porsche classes" and still win the overall Championship.

I meant to say "winning both Aston Martin and Porsche classes" and still win the overall Championship.

There are two championships:
1) The first is the "Porsche championship", which you can only compete in/ win if you use the Porsche for all seven rounds.
2) The second, separate championship is the "Porsche and Aston Martin championship", which you can compete in/ win if:
a) You use the Porsche all 7 rounds, or
b) You use the Aston Martin for rounds 4 to 7.

There is no separate Aston only class or championship.

Thus:
- If you use only the Porsche, you can win both the championships.
- If you use the Porsche and the Aston Martin, you can win only the "Porsche and Aston Martin Championship".

So for the man who wants to win everything, the recommended route would be to stay in the Porsche.*

* Nothing in this post constitutes racing team management advice or gives rise to a racing team manager/ driver relationship; it is provided for general information purposes only. No driver should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information in this post without first seeking advice from their racing team manager with respect to any particular championship matter.

It is good to see that @buybon355 and @John Wells are planning to run the Porsche - will you also be in the Porsche @IfAndOr ? Hopefully we get good numbers in both cars. It is good to see @jammy21 returning - and it is great that we now have @GTP_Guido - will you be able to join us @GTP_Nail ?

There are a few slots available for any clean driver, fast or slow who wants to race - personally I would prefer if there were some more new slow drivers joining, as then there would be more people near the back with me! But this does not matter - all racers are welcome!

My abilities to test and balance the cars are not good enough for it to be fair to have an overall champion - in my hands and at the circuits used both cars produced similar lap times. This is why there will be two separate champions - one for Porsche and one for Aston.

I am hoping that this format of using two cars - one expensive one and a cheaper alternative will work well as there are plenty of other potential matchups we can run in the future.

The Aston has a great sound, an excellent cockpit view and more speed - the Porsche has better brakes and better handling so hopefully the cars will be close enough to produce some great racing at these tracks. If not, then I will be needing more help with testing for future series.

I will write more later, but for now have to dash - just got to take my wife to collect her car from a service - difficult to believe that it has taken a Peugeot main dealer four days to service a Peugeot because they couldn't get the parts for their own car!

There are two championships:
1) The first is the "Porsche championship", which you can only compete in/ win if you use the Porsche for all seven rounds.
2) The second, separate championship is the "Porsche and Aston Martin championship", which you can compete in/ win if:
a) You use the Porsche all 7 rounds, or
b) You use the Aston Martin for rounds 4 to 7.

There is no separate Aston only class or championship.

Thus:
- If you use only the Porsche, you can win both the championships.
- If you use the Porsche and the Aston Martin, you can win only the "Porsche and Aston Martin Championship".

So for the man who wants to win everything, the recommended route would be to stay in the Porsche.*

* Nothing in this post constitutes racing team management advice or gives rise to a racing team manager/ driver relationship; it is provided for general information purposes only. No driver should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information in this post without first seeking advice from their racing team manager with respect to any particular championship matter.
Well, it seems that I'm having some understeer with Aston Martin, so I will most likely continue with Porsche. Still not confirmed yet though.

Gents, I just remembered that I will be away this Wednesday (finally having the birthday dinner I should have had earlier this year), so won't be able to record the results or update the standings until Thursday evening.

Could someone please take a screenshot of the results, or save the races and make them public so that I can add them to my library?

I will then to the leaderboard when I get back.

Thanks

Important Changes - For Attention of all Racers

I have made these changes because people seem to be struggling with understeer with the Comfort Medium tyres on the Aston - although I think these are the most authentic in the game for a 1953 car - with comfort softs it now feels a bit on rails whereas before it was quite challenging to complete the braking initiate the turn and then complete the corner - and looked more like the on track action that I witness at Historic Festivals.

The Willow Springs Round is cancelled and is replaced by a Test Round at Brands Hatch Indy. This will comprise short test races during which I want drivers to try both the Aston and Porsche. I have re-balanced them, but I think the Aston is still the faster of the two. Please indicate in the thread which you will drive first. I hope to run 3 x 10 minute races. Personally I will start in the Aston, then race the Porsche, then finish in the Aston. Obviously if you can only afford the Porsche - just drive that car!

Aston Martin DB3S - Tyre Comfort Soft, Weight 100% (856kg) Power 68% (Level 2 - 152bhp)

Porsche 356 - Tyre Comfort Soft (suggested soft rear, medium front), weight 102% (856kg) Power 142% (Level 2 - 152bhp)

Note - there will not be an overall champion - just a Porsche Champ and an Aston Champ so your choice should be based on preference not speed - it is my hope that we get full grids and an even split between Porsche and Aston.

Please turn up for the test round - it is important that even though these cars are in different classes, the performance is close enough to produce good races.

Back