Sim Racing Is Now an Officially Recognized Motorsports Discipline in Germany

too bad gran turismo is not a simulation har har

You know, I've got GTS, PCars 1 & 2, AC and F1 2017/18 on my PS4, and quite frankly all of them have flaws in the sim model as far as I'm concerned. I can quite easily switch between any of them, and what I've learned from one often carries over to another - yeah there are differences, but not as great as people make out.

GTS is as valid a sim as PCars and AC despite certain questionable implementation decisions by PD, and it's way more of a sim than the F1 series IMO

Anyway back on topic - It's good to hear that sim racing is being legitimised as part of motorsport, especially given the e-sports broadcasts of GTS and F1 2017 that I've seen are barely distinguishable from the real thing from a spectator point of view.

Anyways these are video games and I’m yet to play a sim racer that feels exactly how a real life car feels.

Unless you can replicate the sensation of a car, I don't think anything will feel real. This means things like g-force, vibration, and, to a degree, fear of crashing. Simulating those things is probably a challenge too.

Unless you can replicate the sensation of a car, I don't think anything will feel real. This means things like g-force, vibration, and, to a degree, fear of crashing. Simulating those things is probably a challenge too.
Almost there, Joey.

I've always wanted parts of the car to fail as a consequence of your or someone elses actions. And quit allowing them to crawl to the pits after their fuel has been spent. Good grief! How old are you guys? Just because it looks better than an internet video or it behaves like(?) a car doesn't mean any line has been greyed... I saw no one breaking any sweat in that Silverstone or Redbull(?) competion.

I suppose if the 'globe' we exist on can be considered flat then this 'game' could blur reality. So if this is the case, any computer game could somehow be mistaken...

First aspect of PS4's GTSport realism is it's pay-to-play model. Spot on there, guys.

As I've been saying for years now; the cars & tracks may be virtual, but the racing's very real. This is a welcome development imho.

👍

I’m not entirely sure what is happening, but going off a few threads on Twitter, it seems that F1 has gone on a purge of YouTube, claiming copyright infringement on any video of gaming or esports that had F1 related content. One of the tweets said they even went after some prevalent GT Sport channels. It’s unclear at this point whether this was triggered by YouTube’s algorithms, or if it was done deliberately.

Talk about a dumb way to promote your sport, and the growing domain of esports and sim racing.

I think the next natural move for esports is to completely ditch mimickery of real life...forget F1, esports has stuff like Formula X, Redbull X2010, F-Zero :lol:

I’m not entirely sure what is happening, but going off a few threads on Twitter, it seems that F1 has gone on a purge of YouTube, claiming copyright infringement on any video of gaming or esports that had F1 related content. One of the tweets said they even went after some prevalent GT Sport channels. It’s unclear at this point whether this was triggered by YouTube’s algorithms, or if it was done deliberately.

Talk about a dumb way to promote your sport, and the growing domain of esports and sim racing.

I think the next natural move for esports is to completely ditch mimickery of real life...forget F1, esports has stuff like Formula X, Redbull X2010, F-Zero :lol:

Ya, @Jimmy B was hit by it too.

Back