SimBin Studios Confirms GTR 3, Scheduled for 2018

• Thread starter adam46
  • 285 comments
Im already enough with Blancpain still don't understand the hype around that series.. I hope there is more series in the game !

Biggest and greatest gt series in the planet with one of the top five 24h races you can watch nowadays in the calendar.

Reviving this thread in the hope that the devs see it.

Hope you guy's are still working on something.

The door has just been blown wide open for you chaps to supply us console users with a great new sim.

There is nothing in your way now (even if Ams2 gets released on console) there's a lot of people who are interested more than ever now.

Happy to wait till next gen so we don't have to run at 30fps or lose pit stops :)

Reviving this thread in the hope that the devs see it.

Hope you guy's are still working on something.

The door has just been blown wide open for you chaps to supply us console users with a great new sim.

There is nothing in your way now (even if Ams2 gets released on console) there's a lot of people who are interested more than ever now.

Happy to wait till next gen so we don't have to run at 30fps or lose pit stops :)
Are you missing the part where they've said this isn't gonna be a sim?

Huh? What part? Hehe. Maybe you're mixed up with pcars3 lol?
Also acc seems fabulous so I don't get the open door part for a gt sim.

From an interview in 2018:
"We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title."

From an interview in 2018:
"We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title."
Huh wow, missed that or forgot, sad..

Well technically a lot of people said (& still say) that PC2 wasn't a proper sim (a gateway) compared to the likes of AC, R3E, RF & IR but I absolutely love it, so as long as they match it (& don't take nothing away) then I'm ok with that.

Last resort would be getting a PC again, which I really wanted to avoid getting back into tbh, but needs must sometimes.

Also let's be honest, I don't think anyone can do anything worse than what's happening regarding PC3 atm, SMS are getting slaughtered everywhere.

Last edited:
Well technically a lot of people said (& still say) that PC2 wasn't a proper sim (a gateway) compared to the likes of AC, R3E, RF & IR but I absolutely love it, so as long as they match it (& don't take nothing away) then I'm ok with that.

Last resort would be getting a PC again, which I really wanted to avoid getting back into tbh, but needs must sometimes.

Also let's be honest, I don't think anyone can do anything worse than what's happening regarding PC3 atm, SMS are getting slaughtered everywhere.

It'll be interesting to see if GTR3 gets completely annihilated by its core fanbase.

My question is how arcadey will it be? If it straddles the line and gives us options to adjust things like pit stops, damage, break heating, and the like then I can get behind it. If it pulls a PC3 and just doesn't add anything then I'll pass.

I think given the length of time it's been since their last game they'll probably be forgiven for some of the decision they make, I don't know.

Look at ACC on console, it's almost like de ja vu from the PC1/PC2 releases, reading about stuff regarding ffb settings/controller settings/bugs & other stuff. But because it's been a long time since the last AC people seem to be a lot more forgiving.

But maybe that's to do with how the company interacts with their fans, again I don't know.

I mean Reiza seem to be doing a good steady job with Ams2, listening to fans, slowly building up to what looks like a good replacement for Ams, from what I read things weren't that promising at the start.

Last edited:
No GTR No Project Cars man the future is going to be crap.

Assetto Corsa 2 hopefully will not let me down and Ian Bells new project which is a successor to GTR and Project Cars.

Remember, GTR revival, from the creator of pCars and a lot of the team behind the o.g. GTR is still coming, and they now have a partnership with Reiza Studios (Automobilista).

So yeah, the game called GTR3 is dead, but GTR is still very much alive and will carry the spirit of pCars as well.

Back