SIMUCUBE 2 Direct Drive Force Feedback Wheel Bases

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 198 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria

SIMUCUBE 2 Has Them All in it's Genes

Simucube 2 is the world reference class Direct Drive force feedback wheel base.

Simucube 2 has been built around a precision robotics grade industrial motor, electronics and software fused together to form a flawless monolithic design. Everything is optimized to perform at the highest level, and with sub-millisecond latency.

Rigid mechanical coupling of the wheel is the fundamental requirement for direct drive. Simucube 2 is made to meet this requirement, even though it meant redesigning everything. Simucube Quick Release™, SQR, has zero backslash adding zero torque artifacts. When locked-in, it equals a solid metal shaft, just like it should.

Simucube 2 works with simulator games and reconstructs the authentic environment. Thanks to Simucube 2's dedicated processor for motor control, and another processor for interfacing the PC simulator, the ultra low latency is stable and consistent. With Simucube's award winning force reconstruction processing, ultra low latency mode and adjustable dynamic filters, the Driver can reach realism.

Once you experience it, there's no turning back.

Your Keys to Excellence

Simucube 2 comes in three models to serve the top-end spectrum of the direct drive scene. Specific models have been built to serve demanding Sport drivers as well as experienced Prodrivers. Hard-core drivers and professionals, who crave for experience outside of this world, are best matched with Ultimate which leaves no room for speculation.

All three models are built with industrial grade direct drive torque motors with essentially zero torque ripple and magnetic cogging. Angle sensors, drive electronics and CNC machined full-metal parts are made to complete the glorious motor and to unleash its maximum potential. Hot-swappable wheels, ultra low latency mode, high dynamic range, and natural signal processing are supported in all models.

sport.png pro.png ultimate.png

SIMUCUBE 2 Sport MSRP € 1 270 Including SC2 Sport wheel base, power supply, cables, standard external Stop button and VAT/Sales tax

SIMUCUBE 2 Pro MSRP € 1 470 Including SC2 Pro wheel base, power supply, cables, standard external Stop button and VAT/Sales tax

SIMUCUBE 2 Ultimate MSRP € 3 170 Including SC2 Ultimate wheel base, power supply, cables, Premium Torque off button and VAT/Sales tax

SUPPORT& FAQs

Simucube 2 User Guide

Last edited:

55786366_818845575137330_4664490545387667456_n.jpg

It seems the consumer market for DD wheels is opening up. Hopefully the prices will go down when sales/demand increases.

Very interesting indeed.

On a DD wheel side note guys, I'm seeing a lot of pictures online with the emergency stop mounted right next to the wheel.

If you get a DD wheel, please mount the emergency stop somewhere on the floor where you can activate it with your foot because if you actually need it, your arms might be preoccupied.

It is probably still in the developing stage?
It will probably still take a lot of time before it gets released.

Those guys are Belgian? Not that it matters but it would be very easy for me to get my hands on their products without too much shipping costs.

Lol..... they could have competed with Fanatec DD but with these prices? Really?! 1460€ and you add at least 300 for the rim = 1800€ and that without shipping and taxes.

Finland!

SIMUCUBE 2 Sport MSRP €1270. Ok, €999 Fanatec DD1 sounds better.

Lol..... they could have competed with Fanatec DD but with these prices? Really?! 1460€ and you add at least 300 for the rim = 1800€ and that without shipping and taxes.

Or at least a "consumer"version with <10 nm under € 1k. I can see how enthousiasts might prefer this one to Fanatec DD. It gives more freedom for outside the Fanatec ecosystem. I am curious how they will compare.

To clarify for people.. The SimuCUBE SC2 is an Evolution of the Simucube S1 which has been sold for the past 3 years primarily with Mige Servos in 20Nm and 28Nm (30Nm) versions. The SimuCUBE SC2 is a more complete solution that incorporates a specifically designed servo for each level (not Mige) with the Drive and Processing system attached to the servo to allow for minimal needed connections.

Couple of answers to specifics and other comments..

@F1Aussie - The SimuCUBE has actually been the leader in the Direct Drive Market for several years now and the Target point of the Fanatec Devices.. It was not the other way around.

@kikie - It is due for release in May. It from what I understand has been in development for the bast 1.5 - 2 years.

@wajdi1977 - The SimuCUBE SC1 that is currently out is the most current direct competitor to the Fanatec DD1/2 however the DD1 still beats the 20Nm SC1 on price but the DD2 is more expensive than the 28Nm SC1. These will still compete with the Fanatec but it yet to be seen if the advancements justify the additional cost.

@Sproket & Penzoil23 - as mentioned above the Mige servo are used with current SC1 DD wheels the SC2 has custom made units that from what they say are all European produced.

Note: this is Brion Sohn from the iRacing Forums, I do not work for Granite Devices, Fanatec or any other company but my own Penguin r/c but I have done a ton of work with many of the companies who Produce Direct drive wheels. I hand have the chance to use Every wheel currently announced EXCEPT for the SimuCUBE SC2 line, Sim-li.city Compact Line, and the Feel VR. Yes I have used both Fanatec Wheels and have a DD2 Beta unit, as well my Personal Wheel is a SimuCUBE SC1 Large Mige 28Nm (30Nm) and I have but have not installed a Kollmorgen 73L 63Nm servo which I plan to do some year...

The Podium DD wheels have a lot of connectors to connect Fanatec hardware to the Podium DD wheel. But what about the SimuCUBE SC2. Can you connect shifters, handbrakes and so on to this DD wheel?

Seems like pretty positive impressions. Curious to see some direct ones to the DD1 vs the sport. Even if I was interested in switching, I don't know if I'd want to give up the convenience and ecosystem that fanatec brings.

These words caught my attention (First impressions with the Simucube 2):

"Granted, my experience with original simucube helped to get the software up and running quickly but it is hard not to notice how much smoother and controlled the new system is in general. With the Mige motors you had some cogging at all times, and under full power you could feel significant cogging/ripple effect and it never really felt naturally smooth unless you used a lot of filters.

This time you get the very familiar feeling effects and filters, but someone has removed the digital blanket and replaced it with silky smooth yet highly detailed force feedback. It is hard to tell if it is the advancement of the motor desing or the 4 times more powerful CPU that handles the filters but it simply feels like it has much much higher resolution and refresh rate compared to what we had with original simucube and competing motors.
"

These words caught my attention (First impressions with the Simucube 2):

"Granted, my experience with original simucube helped to get the software up and running quickly but it is hard not to notice how much smoother and controlled the new system is in general. With the Mige motors you had some cogging at all times, and under full power you could feel significant cogging/ripple effect and it never really felt naturally smooth unless you used a lot of filters.

This time you get the very familiar feeling effects and filters, but someone has removed the digital blanket and replaced it with silky smooth yet highly detailed force feedback. It is hard to tell if it is the advancement of the motor desing or the 4 times more powerful CPU that handles the filters but it simply feels like it has much much higher resolution and refresh rate compared to what we had with original simucube and competing motors.
"
I would wait for more reviews and a direct comparison to confirm this.

Latest Posts

Back