Eighty. Thousand. Posts. (was: "Sixty. Thousand. Posts."; previously "Fifty. Thousand. Posts.")

• Thread starter Famine
  • 83 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
So that's a thing now, apparently.

It's taken a fairly respectable eleven-and-three-quarter years to get here (or 4,275 days), but I'm here now. I've been a member, a Premium member, a Supermoderator and an Administrator, I've got married (to a GTP member) with several GTP members present, acquired two offspring (one is now a GTP member), written a book and done some truly odd things with a GTP badge metaphorically on my forehead.

Here's to 50,000 more. I think @Furinkazen is going to beat me to 100,000 posts though.

Fun fact - for every 200 posts in GTPlanet's 10,000,000 posts history (milestone coming soon), I've posted one of them.

heyhey50k.jpg
*fires off a party popper*

There's a Mini Famine on GTP now too? They're everywhere!

Congratulations on 50,000 posts. With my current post rate, I believe I'd be dead before getting to that milestone... @Furinkazen will be there before he turns 25.

I call BS on the no infraction points, you're a renowned trouble maker. :P

Congrats on the milestone, keep up with the great job you've been doing so far. :cheers:

If warning points acted as multipliers, suddenly Famine probably wouldn't be leading. (Although I might be wrong.) I find it doubtful that anybody has enough posts and enough tunes to overtake Famine by using tunes as a multiplier, but I might be wrong.

Unlikely, but then again, even if any of Famine's posts had been deleted, who knows whether they'd go towards that count.

No warning points? And 1 tune?
Tree'd me to it. 50,000 posts and no warning points? Daaaaaamn.

EDIT: How could I possibly forget this: Who were the additional GTP members present at Famine's wedding? Did he know them personally before meeting them on the forum? :dopey:

This place wouldn't be the same without you........ Except in this case, this would be true not just to me, but almost to everyone on gtplanet. Congrats Famine. :cheers:

Tree'd me to it. 50,000 posts and no warning points? Daaaaaamn.

EDIT: How could I possibly forget this: Who were the additional GTP members present at Famine's wedding? Did he know them personally before meeting them on the forum? :dopey:
They were @Mrs. Famine (my wife), @PlanetPurple (my eldest daughter), @daan (my best man), @Venari (our friend - also our photographer!) @Smallhorses and @Danoff. Smallhorses and Danoff's wives were also there and are also GTP members.

I had met all of these prior to the trip out except for Mrs. Smallhorses, but without the Smallhorses' contributions we'd not have been able to have the wedding at all - we married in San Francisco and organising the wedding from across the pond without ever meeting anyone was borderline impossible. They visited and arranged the overwhelming majority of locations and suppliers necessary (in fact I think they visited a venue we decided against too, but it was a while ago now [five years]) to pull the whole thing off.

Also in attendance and not GTPers were Mrs. daan, three of my wife's friends (and one child), my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew.

After that we went to Vegas and then across to New York, where we spent Thanksgiving with the awesome @///M-Spec and his similarly awesome (and very photogenic) family.

You should publish a book containing all of your posts :gtpflag:

Or several books. If you could fit an average of 5 posts per page it would be 10 000 pages...

Well, of course I have no warning points - the majority of members also have no warning points or warnings, but I wouldn't be in a good position to throw them at other people if I'd demonstrated an inability to follow the AUP myself.

As for the one tune... Well, there's a good reason for that and hopefully that'll be revealed in due course. Ooooh, mysterious.

Back