skidding -not drifting

• Thread starter FCRicer
  • 3 comments
this happens to me most of the time. when i try to initiate a drift, i can get my car to go sideways, but it seems i get stuck going sideways, loose speed and end up skidding to the outer wall. my guess is i'm going too fast for the drift to start properly on my entry. any input on how to fix this?

From what you said, you make it sound that this "skidding" is "yawwing", corect? Not really gonig INTO the turn but kinda moving towards the direction your corner entry points at?

From what you said, you make it sound that this "skidding" is "yawwing", corect? Not really gonig INTO the turn but kinda moving towards the direction your corner entry points at?

Hmm, I have this problem too. It might be a problem of over-powered cars, my Skyline is almost 100 horsepower too much. I tried giving the corner a bigger angle and approaching the corner more slowly, but that does not help. NOTE: I am very new to drifting, and I will take any tips you have.

To help answer your question, try "gooseing" the throttle, putting it full on and off through the corner. This might help a little bit.

Back