Skoda Octavia (1Z) vRS TDi Estate 2010

• Thread starter LJ12
  • 12 comments
Norway
Bergen (GMT +2)
LAMBOKID12
Since I am a fan of Skoda, and always been weak for the Octavia RS, I´ll suggest what is my favorite car Octavia RS. The brilliant 2nd generation Octavia vRS Wagon.

Availiable with either a 200 hp 2.0 TSi petrol engine, or a 170 hp 2.0 TDi engine, and a selection of a proper 6 speed manual or a 6-Speed DSG transmission you had a selection of a brilliant diesel engine, or a magnificent petrol.

My suggested vRs features the well known VAG 2.0 TDi engine in a combination with the great 6-Speed manual. The reason I pick the wagon, is because I think it looks pretty good for a Skoda. You could also select a lot of spicy colours for the vRS. Everything from a sublte black metallic, to a spicy bright yellow colour. Hope you like my suggestion, and hope you share my love for the vRS!

Photos:

1skocrs005_4a13bbc894da7.jpg

essai-skoda-octavia-combi-rs-2009.jpg

Skoda-Octavia_RS_2010_photo_12.jpg

Skoda-Octavia_RS_2010_photo_17.jpg

Skoda-Octavia_RS_2010_photo_18.jpg

Skoda-Octavia_RS_2010_photo_19.jpg

Specs:

Engine: 2.0 litre TDi inline 4 cylinder 16v DOHC Commonrail Diesel engine w/single turbo.
Power: 168 hp (125 kW) at 4200 rpm.
Torque: 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) at 1750-2500 rpm.

0-100 kph: 8.3 seconds.
Top Speed: 226 km/h (140 mph)
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual.

Weight: 1470 kg (3241 lbs)

NewLogo3.jpg

img_4558.jpg

But it's a diesel :confused::(
A bloody great one! Sounds bad on idle, but sounds better in the higher rev range. And it pulls really good in the torque curve. Excellent engine, which I favor to the petrol to be honest!

........I like a reasonably fast wagons so this gets my vote. One worry is that, it seems some of European cities view diesel cars as a threat nowadays - I read somewhere that Paris might ban diesel passenger cars from entering the city limits altogether....

........I like a reasonably fast wagons so this gets my vote. One worry is that, it seems some of European cities view diesel cars as a threat nowadays - I read somewhere that Paris might ban diesel passenger cars from entering the city limits altogether....
I understand what you say, and you are 100% correct. But what has that got to do with me suggesting this for GT6/GT7?Not trying to offend you, it´s just a little strange...

I understand what you say, and you are 100% correct. But what has that got to do with me suggesting this for GT6/GT7?Not trying to offend you, it´s just a little strange...

...........Don't worry, not offended at all, just a little surprised; didn't expect a reply.

Since I'm a Skoda fan too, I will certainly vote for this one.
I own two Skodas, one Octavia 2.0 TDi wagon (125HP) and one Fabia 1.5-16V wagon (85HP).

Maybe you will also like those Skodas I suggested.
No obligation to vote just if you like them of course.
:cheers:
I´ll check them out. Thanks for the heads up!

A bloody great one! Sounds bad on idle, but sounds better in the higher rev range. And it pulls really good in the torque curve. Excellent engine, which I favor to the petrol to be honest!
Just got mine this week. RS125TDI with the DSG.
Never thought I'd drive a diesel, let alone a sports diesel. But it's friggin awesome and the most underrated car I've seen.
Getting 6.5lt/100km with the occasional 8 sec run to 100KMH and a few fast passes. I consider it safer because i spend a lot less time in the oncoming lane passing.
Underneath it's the same as a Golf GTI V with the independent rear end. Handles beautifully and is effortless cruising too.
I'm now a Skoda fan too.
Great to see the Fabia winning WRC2, in Kenya too.

Back