Skyl!ne's beginner drift videos

• Thread starter Skyl!ne
  • 7 comments
Hey, i wasn't able to upload them before because my cameras sd card was broken...but here they are now. Not too bad video quality, but was recorded with a digi cam. IM NOT THAT GREAT AT DRIFTING SO PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS AND FEEDBACK!!!

GTR N1 Drift Lap/Autumn Ring

EVO VI Drift Lap/ Trial Mountain Reverse

Spoon EK9 Drift Lap/ Trial Mountain Reverse

The S2K one is taking quite a long time to process, so i will post it later on.
IM NOT THAT GREAT AT DRIFTING SO PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS AND FEEDBACK!!!

I had a look at the skyline, lancer, and s2k vids (the civic vid is of little interest to me). From those it looks like you really need to work on your corner entries and the way you initiate your drifts.

You begin your drifts very late into the corner. It will probably feel awkward and unnatural the first few times you try this, but experiment with sliding into the corner from off of the straights. ie) begin your drifts on the straights and just hold your angle constant through the corner. This should lead to some cleaner and smoother looking lines.

Also, don't be afraid to exaggerate your feinting a little more than you are now. The jerky motion you display in the vids, although it may work, is not that attractive, imo. Smoother and more drawn out feints will let you flow your corners together more seamlessly even if you are not technically linking them.

👍

I can see now that my corner entries are pretty horrible. I have tried experimenting with beginning the drift in the straights like real drifters, but it did feel akward like you pointed out, but that was also a long time ago. I will backtrack and practice that :D .

I could also see my feinting was wierd looking, but I just kept doing it like that because it worked for me. I will backtrack and practice that aswell :D .

Thanks for taking your time to tell me some pointers. This will help me improve alot on my drifting.

Oh, by the way, the civic video was just a fun drift video :D . I'm not a raging civic lover that thinks it can drift like an FR lol.

Nah, I'm modest. There's plenty of weaknesses in my own technique that I'm always trying to work on. But, he asked for tips and feedback to improve further, so that's what I gave him.

Back