Slightly Mad Studios Confirms New Project CARS Title is In Development

How we feel about PC2 depends to a large degree on how you play the game, and on what you play the game.

If you only play offline on a killer PC rig (and a nice VR setup!), you've got possibly the best sim out there. If you play online on a killer PC rig against others in private server league rooms, you've got arguably one of the better sims out these (as long as that server and the connections are rock solid). If you play solely online on a decent PC rig, you've probably got problems, especially if you are playing public rooms that no longer have a host kick option. All in all, on a PC, you are possibly pretty happy.

Things change a LOT on console.

If you play offline only, on a PS4Pro, you've got a pretty decent game, as long as you get used to the AI inconsistency. On a vanilla PS4 and even more so on a base XBONE, you have serious grid size issues and iffy graphics in higher stress situations (weather, large grids, transitioning lighting, certain resource hungry tracks), sometimes leading to FFB and handling issues.

But online on console is a total mess. Unless you are playing private leagues (where griefers are locked out by password) lack of host kick has ruined online. Connection to servers is often iffy at best, and the port from the PC lobby system is crippled by bad coding. Rooms cannot be sorted other than in groups of 20 (rather than by total rooms running) and there is no 'Next 20/Prev. 20' button to allow you to peruse all available. There are no room titles, so every room is a crapshoot finding similar minded players, full rooms disappear off the list (so best of luck finding a room you want to join and waiting until there's a slot), sort options are limited (no 'stock tune' sort, no sort by rating), host migration is bugged, there is no text chat (the best way to avoid a microphone cacophony), and the time left before entry is accepted, or time to event start and finish are absurdly inaccurate.

The trend in racing games is towards esports, and this is the area that PC3 needs a TOTAL rewrite (PC2's lobby system is barely changed from PC1). If SMS focus on this as their ONLY improvement to PC3, it stands a chance of saving their bacon. But another game with the same utterly flawed online system for consoles dooms it in the console market.

Unless you only play offline, don't care about custom championships, and stick to doing TT's or Quick Races. And, how much of the game is that?

Unless Ian Bell has had his head under a rock for the last year, he cannot have missed the incessant posts about these issues both here and at his own company's forum (where, curiously, he cannot announce the new game and comes here to do it!). Serious change is needed. Does he care? Does he want a larger slice of the huge console market? After two failed efforts, only the gullible are lining up for a third without checking first whether these issues are fixed once and for all.

It's crunch time...

Preordering a game is not the same as buying into early access though.

I don't see it that way.
You're putting your money forward with the expectation the final product will be satisfactory.

EA you get to play with the new builds, pre-order you go in blind but either way your money is spent before you know what 1.0 will be like.

I don't see it that way.
You're putting your money forward with the expectation the final product will be satisfactory.

EA you get to play with the new builds, pre-order you go in blind but either way your money is spent before you know what 1.0 will be like.

With Early Access you're paying specifically for early access to the game. You're not buying the full game, you're buying Early Access. Which often comes with access to the full game, should the project make it that far.

You receive something immediately (the early access version), and if you read the fine print on Steam then you know that all you're guaranteed is what is available when you pay. Whether that is reasonable value or not is up to the individual. But the product exists and you can see what you're going to get for your money. The fact that it's also advertised as being up for significant change and upgrade in the future is neither here nor there, it's advertising.

With a pre-order, you're paying money for a product that does not exist yet in any form. There is no product that can be assessed other than what the developers and publishers tell you about it. You're giving them money and trusting that they're both not lying to you and that future circumstances won't change the product that you're purchasing. There are any number of examples of both these things happening, and anyone familiar with project management will tell you that last minute changes to the scope or quality of a project are reasonably common.

I too bought Early Access to ACC. I find it to be acceptable value for the money that I spent, even if Kunos drops the project now. I didn't buy it based on the idea of getting a cheap deal on the final version, I bought it because I want to play the Early Access versions and I thought it was a reasonable price to do so. I have no particular expectations that the final product will be satisfactory, it might be given what AC has turned out to be but there will be plenty of time for that when the full game is released.

I'd suggest you might want to take another look at how you view Early Access. It is not pre-orders by another name, and if you treat it like that then you're going to be disappointed. A pre-order is an implicit statement that there will be a final version of the game released, if there isn't then you get your money refunded. Many Early Access games never make it to release, but they have still delivered what you paid for. You have no entitlement to a final version of an Early Access game, or even a "fully featured" version. All you are entitled to is what's on the store when you paid.

I think less would be more with PC3. I think getting the licenses to a few smaller series and those tracks would be better than having a little of everything. PC2 seemed to be going in this direction, but I would edit a few more cars and series to fine tune 3 to 4.

Imagine a project cars game that was fully licensed in 3 to 4 racing series; one open wheel (formula E/INDYcar), sportscar (IMSA/European Le Mans), and maybe the Super V8 series. I feel like the sandbox thing has now been done with PC2, time to hyper focus on only a few racing disciplines to make a better experience.

Aside from all the bugs, these games always ran like crap on my consoles. So unless I have a good PC setup, I will be skipping out on this one. I do really appreciate the ambition behind this series though, much respect to SMS. 👍👍

How we feel about PC2 depends to a large degree on how you play the game, and on what you play the game.

If you only play offline on a killer PC rig (and a nice VR setup!), you've got possibly the best sim out there. If you play online on a killer PC rig against others in private server league rooms, you've got arguably one of the better sims out these (as long as that server and the connections are rock solid). If you play solely online on a decent PC rig, you've probably got problems, especially if you are playing public rooms that no longer have a host kick option. All in all, on a PC, you are possibly pretty happy.

Things change a LOT on console.

If you play offline only, on a PS4Pro, you've got a pretty decent game, as long as you get used to the AI inconsistency. On a vanilla PS4 and even more so on a base XBONE, you have serious grid size issues and iffy graphics in higher stress situations (weather, large grids, transitioning lighting, certain resource hungry tracks), sometimes leading to FFB and handling issues.

But online on console is a total mess. Unless you are playing private leagues (where griefers are locked out by password) lack of host kick has ruined online. Connection to servers is often iffy at best, and the port from the PC lobby system is crippled by bad coding. Rooms cannot be sorted other than in groups of 20 (rather than by total rooms running) and there is no 'Next 20/Prev. 20' button to allow you to peruse all available. There are no room titles, so every room is a crapshoot finding similar minded players, full rooms disappear off the list (so best of luck finding a room you want to join and waiting until there's a slot), sort options are limited (no 'stock tune' sort, no sort by rating), host migration is bugged, there is no text chat (the best way to avoid a microphone cacophony), and the time left before entry is accepted, or time to event start and finish are absurdly inaccurate.

The trend in racing games is towards esports, and this is the area that PC3 needs a TOTAL rewrite (PC2's lobby system is barely changed from PC1). If SMS focus on this as their ONLY improvement to PC3, it stands a chance of saving their bacon. But another game with the same utterly flawed online system for consoles dooms it in the console market.

Unless you only play offline, don't care about custom championships, and stick to doing TT's or Quick Races. And, how much of the game is that?

Unless Ian Bell has had his head under a rock for the last year, he cannot have missed the incessant posts about these issues both here and at his own company's forum (where, curiously, he cannot announce the new game and comes here to do it!). Serious change is needed. Does he care? Does he want a larger slice of the huge console market? After two failed efforts, only the gullible are lining up for a third without checking first whether these issues are fixed once and for all.

It's crunch time...
For online, I've found setting up my own lobby is the way to go. 20 mins practice, 10 mins Qualifying, and 8-10 lap races, I have a swarm of people join in just as Practice finishes / Qualifying starts. It leads to the best racing for me, and a solid number of racers in the room. It takes away from the struggle of trying to find what you want and wasting time doing nothing, plus you set up the room to your liking, and if it's a unique combo, you're guaranteed people joining.

I think less would be more with PC3. I think getting the licenses to a few smaller series and those tracks would be better than having a little of everything. PC2 seemed to be going in this direction, but I would edit a few more cars and series to fine tune 3 to 4.

Imagine a project cars game that was fully licensed in 3 to 4 racing series; one open wheel (formula E/INDYcar), sportscar (IMSA/European Le Mans), and maybe the Super V8 series. I feel like the sandbox thing has now been done with PC2, time to hyper focus on only a few racing disciplines to make a better experience.
And where does the McLaren P1 GTR fit into this project cars game? 0 chance that i would buy a pcars game that doesn't have the gtr.

:yuck:

I believe Project CARS would benefit from having two handling models to choose from, like DiRT 4 did with its Gamer and Simulation gameplay options. Given the attention to detail and the variety of content the series has, such a feature would give PC3 the same mass market appeal as GT or Forza Motorsport.
Wouldn't that split the online player base though and make the sim side of the community even smaller?

I remember First project cars very well. on my cheap steering wheel with no ffb, and cheapo PC. then after upgrade the graphics were astonishing and loved it. the fact i could open photoshop and create liveries made me feel like god. fast forward 3 years and I absolutely love pc2 Now on g29 steering wheel on ps4 pro. graphics still amazing, can't do customisation no more on ps4 but i love the sheer vast number of cars to pick from so I will definitely buy pc3. my only wish is that the game would bring livery creator (but i know it won't) other than that for a non hard core simracer these games are just perfect to let steam off after work.

So good luck SMS with pc3 looking forward to what you create

I really hope they ditch everything in the current build and start fresh. The current game is ok, I want to like it but there’s so many reasons why I don’t.
The graphics are terrible, I play with best frame rate, I know this makes it look crappy but if I set it for best quality or resolution, it drops frames in the corners or when there’s a lot going on. Even when in best frame rate mode you can see the dynamic resolution kicking in, it looks really bad. I guess sitting further back from the screen you might not notice some of these graphical issues but I’ve for a rig setup and from that distance with a 50” screen it shockingly bad. I thought it would run better on the PS4 Pro, it just doesn’t.
The FFb is not optimised at all. I find some settings that work on one car, I change to another and I find myself needing to change some of the settings to get it to feel right, something I’ve never had to do in any other game or sim.
I occasionally have fun with Pcars but mainly I just swear at it and get frustrated.

I don't know if this is just an Xbox issue but once there is over ten cars on track... the physics hit a bug and the cars oversteer way to easily to where it's almost unplayable

I don't know if this is just an Xbox issue but once there is over ten cars on track... the physics hit a bug and the cars oversteer way to easily to where it's almost unplayable
Yeh it's a xbox issue, it's just crap :lol: get a 1X, no issues my end :)

And where does the McLaren P1 GTR fit into this project cars game? 0 chance that i would buy a pcars game that doesn't have the gtr.

:yuck:

Haha , Everytime i see your name pop up it’s something to do with the P1 !
Are you based in the UK ?

I feel like the sandbox thing has now been done with PC2, time to hyper focus on only a few racing disciplines to make a better experience.
I don't think you can "complete" the sandbox experience in motorsport. Especially when motorsport changes quickly. I like the way they currently do it which allows us the opportunity to race whatever we want and I'd like to see that expanded for PC3.

Based on what he said, it doesn't. In my ideal game, all the race cars would feature. Including trackday cars like your P1.

Sure, the PCARS series is well known for its large number of tracks, 24-hour day and night cycle on all of them, dynamic weather and seasons changes (more recently with PCARS 2), but for PCARS 3 they should focus more on the cars.

I hope PCARS 3 has a more diverse car list, like yes, they should continue focusing on the race cars and all (given the emphasis in heavy motorsports), but should probably have more flavor in terms of the cars, where they can do the same approach as both GT Sport and Motorsport 7. Like more road cars and cars that suit everyone's tastes.

Id hope that they get the fully licenced series, such as Indycar but actually have the complete experience, DTM/Super GT would be a great series to add. Also fully revamped online system like Gt Sport, and improvment physics/ffb so the cars dont feel really floaty.

Id hope that they get the fully licenced series, such as Indycar but actually have the complete experience,
I agree on this. Big fan of IndyCar and would love to drive Gateway, Pocono, Toronto and Mid Ohio.

Maybe since PWC's GT3 is now Blancpain GT America, I'd like to see them replace it with British GT as well.

First I would love to know if the sales from PC2 were higher or lower them PC1.

Sorry but this Forum is over. All you guys just hating on everything. PC2 is the best simulation for motorsport on earth. I'm looking forward for the next part. And now please hate on me and delete my message...thats gtplanet. A forum with a lot of haters

The furious kids from project cars forum have arrived here, I see.

Please provide us with the list of bugs. I don´t see any.

LOL. Just go to the bugs list in project cars forum. You'll have read material till the PC3 release date.

it's a pass for me.
Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me. (Unlimited edition (I believed in the guys))
Fool me three...

Unless the reviews are good. :P
Thing that didn't happen with PC1 and PC2.

They abandoned PC 1 and they have abandoned PC 2.
I trust the devs, I don't trust Ian in front of the development.

If they didn't listen to the people in PC2, and after a year of release they say they are working in PC3, why would they do it now? Why not fix the PC2 problems? They don't care?

It's going to be the same thing again.
People complaint about a lot of design problems and bugs that were never addressed and the attitude was always the "we don't care" attitude.

And we complaint a lot not because we are in some big conspiracy to shame SMS like some say in their forum, but because we as the ones who use the product the most, see the huge potential in this game going to the bin. It's frustrating.

And he is doing the same things he did in the previous iterations of the game.
Promising a lot and in the end... bugs and problems not being addressed.

That's the problem.

That would be OK if there were support for the game after, like you see in some other games that were released with problems. But no. And you see that in the updates coming only with the dlc with no change log and some bad excuse for that.

There are still ridiculous bugs since the release dates and some weird design choices that are still there.

People still get kicked to the menu wile in multiplayer game without warning cause they press x by mistake and boom! if you get out of a lobby, out to the main menu!
What's the point of this design choice? And the fix? A simple redirect! Fixed after one year? No.
The lobby info before you get in a lobby. In ps4, it seems it's hard coded! It does not show the real lobby info.
In multiplayer, in some tracks like Daytona, and some cars, if you have pit stop on and you change for the AI before, the AI will be ridiculous faster than all other people racing.
And if the game is going to be built in the same game engine... oh boy... more patches of code glued to that same old engine... I wonder how is the code maintenance at this point.
I guess it's close to none. Since almost no changes at all were made since the release.

Custom offline championship?
No. Can't.

Change weird design choice?
No. Can't.

Fix annoying bug?
No. Can't.

In the end, project cars 2 is a great driving game and a problematic meh racing game.
If they didn't care to try to fix PC 2 and have a amazing product, why would they care to make a good product in PC 3?

And they wouldn't had so much eat he the attitude to the gamers that complaint weren't so bad.

But I will buy if they pull the rabbit from the hat.

But I doubt it.

By the way, I got GTS very cheap a few months ago and it sucks. PC2 is way better.

By the way two. I finished career mode in PC2 and I still race online.

Hmm... having played PC1 and PC2 loads, here's some advice for SMS

- Decide if it's going to be a sim or a game from the start and keep that focus for the entire design process.
- Test it yourselves/properly.
- Only release it when it's ready.
- Less is more - less content done properly, particularly if publishers push tight deadlines.
- Completely revamp the version control procedures with your SDK.
- Consider how the real world works for players when designing it.
- Don't over-hype your game/sim. It only sets you up for a fall.
- Total realism is great but remember the systems people are using are more limited than real life.
- Simplify for accessibility don't over-complicate to alienate.
- Scrap the current engine and start from scratch. Seriously, don't tinker and hack. Start from the beginning.
- Above all, listen and learn from your experiences please.

(I could go on for days)

- Decide if it's going to be a sim or a game from the start and keep that focus for the entire design process.
What do you mean by this? A sim can be an exciting game. Just look at Football Manager.

- Test it yourselves/properly.
To be fair to SMS, they can only test so much with a limited testing time and people compared to thousands of people running it for their own uses on release or further down the line for patches.

Consider how the real world works for players when designing it.
What do you mean by this?

Above all, listen and learn from your experiences please.
I think they very much are. But the problem with that is that whatever you do, people are both going to thank for you listening to them and complain about not listening to them for implementing one thing the same way.

Don't take this the wrong way though. I understand the intention. I just want it to be clearer.

My advice to SMS would be, don't base the new game on buggy code from the last one...

There's an expression we all know: Turd polishing. :drool:

If you can't fix the code for the game we already bought, do you honestly think we are going to buy a game from you with the same unfixed issues? And, if you CAN actually fix the issues, fix them FIRST in updates to this game. Then you won't be basing the new game on a broken core. Win/win.

It might be educational to go back and look at the 'still unfixed' buglist from PC1, and see how many were still in PC2 at launch, and how many still persist at what we fear is the end of PC2 development, and the start of PC3's development.

Be nice if we had something better to look forward to but more of the same... Continuing PC2 bugfixing would be a way to break the cycle.

:bowdown:

To be fair to SMS, they can only test so much with a limited testing time and people compared to thousands of people running it for their own uses on release or further down the line for patches
Just to add to this, from personal experience, I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say that a wise person once told me, when I joined the small 'external'* pCARS1 DLC testing group:

"Don't expect to find all the bugs that are present and most of all, don't beat yourself up over missing something. There are over a million of them (players, not bugs ;)), there's only a few of you*"

We all play games differently, we all have our own unique way of navigating through menus etc, so it is only natural that a game, in the hands of hundreds of thousands, or millions, of customers is going to flag things up that no QA team would ever discover, even if there were 2000 people testing. From a customer standpoint, I can understand the frustration but having seen "behind the curtain", so to speak, I know full well that developers are just as frustrated that stuff gets missed.

*external as in "non-SMS staff". We were a group of WMD members, all 'recruited' or volunteered to assist SMS. For what it's worth, my role was confined mostly to screenshots. What I know about physics and FFB can be written on a postage stamp in very large writing - as the old adage goes, I may not know much about physics, but I know what I like ;).

*I have no idea what the size is of the SMS QA team (for pCARS1 or pCARS2), I only know roughly how many WMD folk were involved. Those numbers were deliberately limited to reduce the possibility of DLC content leaks.

Last edited:
First I would love to know if the sales from PC2 were higher or lower them PC1.

The furious kids from project cars forum have arrived here, I see.

LOL. Just go to the bugs list in project cars forum. You'll have read material till the PC3 release date.

it's a pass for me.
Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me. (Unlimited edition (I believed in the guys))
Fool me three...

Unless the reviews are good. :P
Thing that didn't happen with PC1 and PC2.

They abandoned PC 1 and they have abandoned PC 2.
I trust the devs, I don't trust Ian in front of the development.

If they didn't listen to the people in PC2, and after a year of release they say they are working in PC3, why would they do it now? Why not fix the PC2 problems? They don't care?

It's going to be the same thing again.
People complaint about a lot of design problems and bugs that were never addressed and the attitude was always the "we don't care" attitude.

And we complaint a lot not because we are in some big conspiracy to shame SMS like some say in their forum, but because we as the ones who use the product the most, see the huge potential in this game going to the bin. It's frustrating.

And he is doing the same things he did in the previous iterations of the game.
Promising a lot and in the end... bugs and problems not being addressed.

That's the problem.

That would be OK if there were support for the game after, like you see in some other games that were released with problems. But no. And you see that in the updates coming only with the dlc with no change log and some bad excuse for that.

There are still ridiculous bugs since the release dates and some weird design choices that are still there.

People still get kicked to the menu wile in multiplayer game without warning cause they press x by mistake and boom! if you get out of a lobby, out to the main menu!
What's the point of this design choice? And the fix? A simple redirect! Fixed after one year? No.
The lobby info before you get in a lobby. In ps4, it seems it's hard coded! It does not show the real lobby info.
In multiplayer, in some tracks like Daytona, and some cars, if you have pit stop on and you change for the AI before, the AI will be ridiculous faster than all other people racing.
And if the game is going to be built in the same game engine... oh boy... more patches of code glued to that same old engine... I wonder how is the code maintenance at this point.
I guess it's close to none. Since almost no changes at all were made since the release.

Custom offline championship?
No. Can't.

Change weird design choice?
No. Can't.

Fix annoying bug?
No. Can't.

In the end, project cars 2 is a great driving game and a problematic meh racing game.
If they didn't care to try to fix PC 2 and have a amazing product, why would they care to make a good product in PC 3?

And they wouldn't had so much eat he the attitude to the gamers that complaint weren't so bad.

But I will buy if they pull the rabbit from the hat.

But I doubt it.

By the way, I got GTS very cheap a few months ago and it sucks. PC2 is way better.

By the way two. I finished career mode in PC2 and I still race online.
I see no bugs here. I´m not interested in looking for bugs lol

We all play games differently, we all have our own unique way of navigating through menus etc, so it is only natural that a game, in the hands of hundreds of thousands, or millions, of customers is going to flag things up that no QA team would ever discover, even if there were 2000 people testing. From a customer standpoint, I can understand the frustration but having seen "behind the curtain", so to speak, I know full well that developers are just as frustrated that stuff gets missed.

*external as in "non-SMS staff". We were a group of WMD members, all 'recruited' or volunteered to assist SMS. For what it's worth, my role was confined mostly to screenshots. What I know about physics and FFB can be written on a postage stamp in very large writing - as the old adage goes, I may not know much about physics, but I know what I like ;).
This is pretty much what I expected it to be anyway for the reasons you said in more detail than I did. From my limited experience in programming or in a group where they program and I design for it, some bugs aren't even replicable when you do the seeming exact same thing.

Some of the persistent bugs are reproducible every time. Most that I have mentioned can be spotted by a half a day of playing (you telling me SMS can't task a staffer with playing for half a day?!).

But I think the larger issue is simply UI missteps. Particularly in the console port (it's what I know best, anyway... there may be PC issues I have little awareness of). There is something fundamentally different between the way that rooms sort on console and on PC, and no effort whatsoever has been spent on changing the basic lobby code to account for them. Take a look at a PC lobby display, you get the TOTAL number of rooms displayed. This can't be done on console (even GTS displays them in 20's with no total count) but GTS has a 'Next 20' 'Prev. 20' button, so you can step through them in order, and sorts are done on the entire list, not just on the 20 that are currently displayed. I am not certain, but I would think that, if the PC version counts total rooms, sorts are by that total, too. This was the same case in PC1 as well, so this is a problem that SMS have had 3 1/2 years to address (or not address, as I have yet to see a single dev post about the issue, even back when they WERE posting).

These seem like minor things, especially to PC players that don't suffer them, but would be a major sticking point to the PC community if they did. Along with things like room titles, text chat and replay save lengths. I consider anything that prevents like minded players easily finding each other a major thing. It is sad SMS don't see it that way, and don't see the barrenness of their console lobby system as a direct result of that viewpoint.

Now, I realize that a complete lobby redesign is unlikely as a console update. It will definitely be one of the things I'll be checking about before I blow any money on the next one, though..! But there is still a War and Peace length bug list up at SMS's forum (search for Asturbo's threads), and many of these don't need a total redesign. Given that there's a pretty good chance (given that Ian Bell said PC3 has only JUST been signed for) we've another two YEARS of this title to have to keep playing before a new PCARS (and even one year is too long to have to suffer some of the persistent bugs), ongoing bugfixes are going to be needed to keep the faithful in the fold...

BTW, to the above post about everyone using menus differently, may I point out that there is ZERO excuse for not one, but TWO ways to accidentally leave a lobby you are in with no confirmation dialog ('Are you SURE you wish to leave the room?'), clicking your O button or clicking on the Leave Lobby field accidentally. It doesn't take a thousand WMD members to flag a design choice that should never have been made, and should have been IMMEDIATELY corrected.

Last edited:
Let me give you a practical example of how easy it is to miss something:

During pCARS1 DLC testing, I noticed something wrong with one of the upcoming cars. It was a graphics glitch, nothing in the slightest bit serious (let alone game breaking) but it would have been picked up within minutes by somebody, given the number of people who would have tried the car out. The reason it was hard to spot was because you had to be in a particular camera view, you had to be cornering at speed and it only occurred with 2 of the many liveries available for the car.

So now imagine how much work it takes to test every car, in every livery, in every camera view, whilst stationary, whilst accelerating, whilst braking, whilst cornering slowly and whilst cornering hard. That is an enormous amount of work, just to look for graphical glitches. Then you need to have more than one person repeat it, because almost certainly the first person will have missed something. And for good measure, you get another person to triple-check, because that's the only way to be sure.

That should give people pause for thought as to why some bugs invariably slip through the net. Oh I know somebody will no doubt argue "well, if the programmer did their job properly....." but that's hugely disrespectful to programmers the world over. None of them set out to get things wrong, they're all human, mistakes happen. Hopefully, those mistakes are picked up (as was the case in this example) but it is all too easy to miss them.

Oh and bugs are different to design choices, which seems to be the main focus of your post.

Try and match assetto corsa. That’s the Gabe that set the bar for sim
Why would SMS want to go backwards on their tyre and physics model? Why would they want to go backwards and use a static time of day system? Why would they want to go backwards and have no weather? Why would they want to go backwards and produce something with such limited content?

Sure, there are some things that AC arguably does better (apparently, I own it but have shelved it twice) but this is true of every sim out there. Instead of trying to replicate what something else has done, push forwards, break new grounds and move the whole genre forward.

iRacing, rFactor2, ACC. These have all introduced things that pCARS1 and 2 did first. Arguably they might have got around to doing them anyway but the fact remains, they are playing catch up in some regards and, inevitably, pCARS3 will play catch up in some other areas as other sims up their game in the meantime. If you want to be rooted in the past, you will be stuck in the past. As gamers, we should applaud developers that push new boundaries, it moves all of us closer to what it feels like to sit in a real racing car on a real racing circuit :)

Last edited:
Back