Slightly Mad Studios Confirms New Project CARS Title is In Development

Imho, the categories in PC3 when It comes to GT should be something like a totally expanded GT1 cars from the nineties-early 2000's; GT2 from the same timeline; these modern emasculated GT3 cars full of assists; and GT4. That would probably ensure a much better online competition. The rest can get removed with the exceptio of course of factory cars, which could use a much better and expanded hypercar category, and at the very least two or three more country based circuits Driveclub style, like Bannochbrae
So you want to remove GTE for more road cars? In a racing game, that seems nonsensical.

So you want to remove GTE for more road cars? In a racing game, that seems nonsensical.

Or for that matter the prototypes and open wheelers. But I might be biased as my number one reason to choose Project Cars is the variety of cars / tracks.

Edit: Fernandito's quote is missing here, my reply is directed at the fact that he would remove those cars as well

I think when you start considering the removal of entire classes of motorsport that it's a slippery slope.

I think project cars has always been somewhat more of a racing simulator than a driving simulator, and that's where the focus should lie. I am all for unifying/simplifying the classes a little more in the next game. I really would like a greater variety of available cars in each class that would have raced together in period, whether that be current GT cars to Vintage Formula cars. I guess to that end, if there absolutely had to, then I'd personally sacrifice a few outlier cars to boost the variety of class cars. Stuff like the Ford Raptor and Bronco, just doesn't seem to fit in the game to me.

But if there is a 4x4 audience that they feel they need to target, then why not introduce something like the Super Truck Series from Australia. All of a sudden, an outlier car style that gets lumped in with the rest of the messy road car classes has a true purpose of being in the game, on a race track, and they've hit a complete new target audience.

So yeah, I guess it's efficiency along with the quantity of the car list that I'm after in the next game.

Don't overreact. I have obviouly forgotten about GTE as I was making that suggestion post. You know me well and sure believe that I'd first remove GT3 before seeing glorious GTE gone. GT3 is **** to me, while GTE behave like these super cars are supposed to. Why?, the tyres primarily.

GT3 must be some sort of low cost racing competition, with those terribly dreadful hard Pirelli compounds we all know about, that come only to make things worse. You can't compare GTE absolute superiority with dreadful GT3.

And now that you said the other thing about factory..., oh yes, that I'd remove all GT cars and made this game full factory with this street tyre physics, and all the tracks being countryside based on the lines of Bannochbrae and those Highway point to point stages. But this is Project Cars, and that includes GT racing on slicks, so they can't be removed. All I was asking about GT cars was reducing its number of categories, expanding on the best out of all which obviously is GT1; adding GT2 too which was one of the best ever after GT1; and then of course GT3-GTE and GT4 too. The reduction of the number of GT categories is meant only to make online racing competition viable, and not the scattered mess PC1 and 2 have been both.

Fwiw I think that people that want them to include all the same content and more will get what they asked for. It's hard to imagine the Game Informer cover "Project Cars 3: less content, more polish!" But when that happens these forums are gonna be swamped for months with people complaining about bugs and bad online lobbies.

Jamman39, you're probably right but I don't believe that the amount of cars and tracks will influence the overall state of the game. I agree it could influence the amount of that detail is put in the handling of certain cars or accuracy of certain tracks.

But things like the online system, the career and all other design decisions I see seperate from the amount of content as I believe they will be the same no matter how many cars and tracks are in game.

I feel that they could add more and just polish up before the release and give us a whole game with updates being tailored to free cars, tracks (maybe), and liverys possibly game modes. Fill up the cars slots for empty classes and add more track variations to existing tracks. Rallycross should stay actually they should get loose and add Rally and more environmental tracks (PTP races) since i think by the time they get their new engine it’ll be even more ready

I also personally want a higher car count especially if we’re going to next generation console. Atleast 50 on lemans and at least 73 on Nürburg the rest at least 45 especially for ovals and add more ovals and street circuits for the indy and nascar fans h*ll even the F1 fans. We need more balancing over the cars place in the race because there’s a huge unbalanced issue with it. Also add a money element to career mode with an actual story

I feel that they could add more and just polish up before the release and give us a whole game with updates being tailored to free cars, tracks (maybe), and liverys possibly game modes. Fill up the cars slots for empty classes and add more track variations to existing tracks. Rallycross should stay actually they should get loose and add Rally and more environmental tracks (PTP races) since i think by the time they get their new engine it’ll be even more ready

I also personally want a higher car count especially if we’re going to next generation console. Atleast 50 on lemans and at least 73 on Nürburg the rest at least 45 especially for ovals and add more ovals and street circuits for the indy and nascar fans h*ll even the F1 fans. We need more balancing over the cars place in the race because there’s a huge unbalanced issue with it. Also add a money element to career mode with an actual story
I doubt we'll see 73 cars even with next gen console hardware but anything around the 40-50 mark should hopefully be achievable. Current consoles have very weak CPUs and probably just can't cope with the netcode for large fields. I'd say the 16 player limit is the single weakest part of PC2 on consoles.

Increasing the car limit would be a huge plus for multiclass racing, something like 48 (12 per class) would be good for me. Online I'd love to see an increase to 24 or 32

I doubt we'll see 73 cars even with next gen console hardware but anything around the 40-50 mark should hopefully be achievable. Current consoles have very weak CPUs and probably just can't cope with the netcode for large fields. I'd say the 16 player limit is the single weakest part of PC2 on consoles.

The 16 car limit doesn't even hold up on the original Xbox one. The system bogs down. That would be a good goal for SMS

Increasing the car limit would be a huge plus for multiclass racing, something like 48 (12 per class) would be good for me. Online I'd love to see an increase to 24 or 32
Well PC is already 32 so next gen has to have far more than that I'd say. I'm fairly sure the current 16 player limit is due to the weak CPU in both PS4 and Xbone (even weaker in Xbone and also tied to poor memory architecture). Looking at the kind of AMD/Radeon package we are likely to see next gen I think concerns about player counts will be a thing of the past......I hope.

@Daz555 I should have specified that I was talking about PS4. I'm not sure how much added value a number like 48 would have as I see this as added value for proper multiclass racing which is hard to realise online. But as usual in racing games, more is always better

Well PC is already 32 so next gen has to have far more than that I'd say. I'm fairly sure the current 16 player limit is due to the weak CPU in both PS4 and Xbone (even weaker in Xbone and also tied to poor memory architecture). Looking at the kind of AMD/Radeon package we are likely to see next gen I think concerns about player counts will be a thing of the past......I hope.

I thought it was related to connection quality in XBL/PSN and lack of dedicated servers. We've had 16 players on many games even on PS3. We'll see what happens. Codemasters, PD, and Turn 10 have gotten 20+ on current consoles. SMS should be able to do the same I hope.

@Daz555 I should have specified that I was talking about PS4. I'm not sure how much added value a number like 48 would have as I see this as added value for proper multiclass racing which is hard to realise online. But as usual in racing games, more is always better
It would help leagues who have to leave players out for so many big races because 16 is just not enough. My league has Indy 500 time trials this weekend. Even though not all our members race IndyCar we will get 35 to 40 drivers all trying to get into the 16 free slots. I think the real field is 33 drivers so I'd really want PC3 to be able to field real-life field sizes as a minimum.

Agreed - more is better.

I thought it was related to connection quality in XBL/PSN and lack of dedicated servers. We've had 16 players on many games even on PS3. We'll see what happens. Codemasters, PD, and Turn 10 have gotten 20+ on current consoles. SMS should be able to do the same I hope.
PC supports 32 players without dedicated server also - higher spec devices is surely the only reason so I'm hopeful next gen will give us a better experience in player counts.

Please, who might venture enough into madness only to say something like pc-pc2 dedis are good?, you know there are server migration issues, on servers that are supposed to be dedicated?, come on there's no actual dedis in project cars 2. It is a joke.

It might be to our interest bringing true dedicated servers request on top of the list of pc3_whatever comes next- most requested features actually.

Back