Slipstreaming

• Thread starter buziii
  • 8 comments
buziii
Forgive me if this discussion is already here somewhere, but I didn't find it by searching and i haven't seen any discussion about it.

It is not obvious to me in my limited amount of racing that slipstreaming matters in this game. In GT, the effect was obvious, perhaps too much so. Is it "in the game", but just more subtle?

Note: also please forgive the EA reference! :yuck:

For me slip streaming feels great, in some games the slip stream is not even there *forza 5* which means there is never a pack of cars. I personally don't mind slightly exaggerated slip streams like in grid autosport as it keeps more cars together.

Forgive me if this discussion is already here somewhere, but I didn't find it by searching and i haven't seen any discussion about it.

It is not obvious to me in my limited amount of racing that slipstreaming matters in this game. In GT, the effect was obvious, perhaps too much so. Is it "in the game", but just more subtle?

It's in the game. The amount of tow you get is supposedly the same as in real life. Also it depends on the type of car you are driving.

For me slip streaming feels great, in some games the slip stream is not even there *forza 5* which means there is never a pack of cars. I personally don't mind slightly exaggerated slip streams like in grid autosport as it keeps more cars together.
Forza gives you points for drafting, isn't that the same thing? Sorry for off-topic.

There is literally no slip stream value in forza 5 that I've ever noticed and if there is it is so slight its unnoticeable

They went for a realistic approach, so Slipstream wont be as big on the GT games.

And from the Project Cars Wiki:

I cannot draft the opponent ahead of me!
Project CARS uses real world values for drafting behaviour which some may initially find surprisingly low. But be careful as there is definitely enough drafting power that it can reduce braking and/or turn-in ability for aerodynamic-dependent vehicles.

Back