"smart" concept car?

the concept car is a really weird set of wheels. on my game, it seems to slow down automatically for corners. i'm giving it throttle, and it slows down anyways.

it's like it has newbie assist on it or something.

I have driven this car, it is cool! Will they ever make it into a non-concept or have they already?

I have driven this car, it is cool! Will they ever make it into a non-concept or have they already?

Dodge wanted to make this car long ago and originally wanted to call it the Copperhead, but some other company with rights to the name "copperhead" was gonna sue, so they tentatively named it the Concept Car. 👎:indiff: I think only one or 2 were ever made; you'll have to wiki this for further information. The Concept was supposed to wind up being a cheaper roadster/sports car than the Viper (hence it would compete with the Miata & S2000 set) but for whatever reason, Dodge decided not to pursue the matter. I doubt they'll ever try to sell & produce them in this era of bad automotive sales.

the concept car is a really weird set of wheels. on my game, it seems to slow down automatically for corners. i'm giving it throttle, and it slows down anyways.

No. What's happening (what I think is happening, anyways) is the Concept is "bogging down" as it leans & goes over bumps. This is probably why you're slowing down. PD tried to create the reaction a car experiences when it bottoms out going over bumps in GT (and ONLY in the first GT).

To remedy this, put all your dampers on "2". You may also need to raise the suspension a bit and soften its springs. You'll see what I mean--all a sudden, you'll be able to carry more speed thru corners.

Last edited:
It's the suspension slowing the car down. For some reason, the default suspension setup is really bad on this car. Soften the dampers, springs and roll-bars and you're good to go :). If you can handle it this car is also the fastest round any track (except Test Course).

Oh yeah I just got that Concept Car and it seems to slow itself down for corners. Really annoying when I know the incredible brakes can do the work for the auto-coast.

Back