Snaeper's Operation: Livery Everything

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 14 comments

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
Hey guys, now that I'm able to consistently get on Assetto Corsa on a PC with an appropriate CPU and GPU, I've noticed one thing that's been rather annoying: The lack of liveries on some of the racing cars. Well I noticed it before, but now it's really bugging me.

So I'm going to begin an undertaking of creating basic (numbers and decals) and advanced (intricate paint jobs) liveries to replace those in the game so that cars can at least appear with numbers. If other users feel the same way and have photoshop or GIMP and would like to contribute, that would be excellent! Livery packs will be assembled for each car and released to the benefit of all GTPlanet AC players, as well as potentially others who are interested in our work.

I'll mostly be developing schemes for GTE/GT3/GTx cars but all are welcome. Once the project has enough, I'd like to compile them all and make them available to download.

I would like to challenge everyone by creating unique, original liveries as well, although being heavily inspired by iconic liveries is acceptable.

Here's a guide for livery creating in Assetto Corsa: http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=64575

There's a standardized number plate that can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/rrkdgEr.png

There's a resource for tow hook arrows and other safety logos here: http://imgur.com/k661Ihf
(Please refer to source images of the car to find the correct placement of these around the livery.

I recently started skinning and made 4 imo beautiful liveries :lol:
We are currently having a little competition which one we will drive with our team.

Which one do you like the most?

We are currently having a little competition which one we will drive with our team.

I might have fixed up the logo a bit if you're going to use it on the car. Transparent background, high-res unt so weiter.

But that said I like flag cars so I'd say the second one.

I don't have skills for that, but i don't like also racing with a car at least without number, in career mod it happens a lot. I don't mind with road cars, but with race cars!!!?

Sadly my project is already off on the wrong foot since my liveries are not showing up in-game. Will have to figure out what the issue is but for the moment I'm at a stand still.

I personally like the Second skin.

They're a brilliant start. So I thought I would provide some constructive ideas to help with the liveries. It just adds more realism look at the era of the car as well that may change things slightly
1. Racing cars all have a standardised number plate on the doors and often on the bonnet. I would recommend placing them in the standard areas.
2. Sponsors, all race cars have sponsors. however you don't need many to make a livery realistic or good.an example can be seen below
original_5A49B346D495A1DCEB77517BB160A76E.jpg

The car has a few sponsors but it's base layer that makes it look distinctive.
3. Look at liveries. Many of the greatest liveries we know are to do with cigarette companies. Doing your own version with a slight twist may provide amazing results. Try to stand out after all you want to provide the coverage for your sponsors.

I hope this perhaps helps you create more liveries. It might be worth contacting flx1981 to see if he has any tips and he's done a lot of amazing ones for project cars. Also if you want my feedback feel free to put up some screenshots and ask for feedback

All I managed to do yet is to paint the Elise red with yellow stripes and paint the wheels. Well, at least I learned something.
GiEKN7TYSLI.jpg

I'm having some hang ups on this project as I had to downgrade to Photoshop CS2 and thusfar, the Russian-re-jigged .dds Nvidia plugin isn't making a file that AC likes. I'll keep testing though.

if you want, I do not mind making a small showcase of skins (say every ten you make). I would make a youtube video spending about two mins on each skin, giving a little history about it and what I like about it etc?

I'll make something for this, are any of the URD mods ok or is it just vanilla cars?
EDIT: What i'm working on for this.
nnWJFPI.jpg

and yes i know i changed the numberplate, but its got a gtp logo on it instead of the supergt logo. to keep it faithful to the original.

Last edited:
if you want, I do not mind making a small showcase of skins (say every ten you make). I would make a youtube video spending about two mins on each skin, giving a little history about it and what I like about it etc?

Two minutes on each skin is wayy too long a time, that'd mean you'd be making 20 minute videos on what are generic racing liveries. And I still need to get the liveries to work in game before that can even happen.

I'll make something for this, are any of the URD mods ok or is it just vanilla cars?
EDIT: What i'm working on for this.
nnWJFPI.jpg

and yes i know i changed the numberplate, but its got a gtp logo on it instead of the supergt logo. to keep it faithful to the original.

Changing the number plate is ultimately okay with me, but I'm not a fan of using licensed and trademarked logos, so I respect that you altered it enough. Also, liveries for mods are perfectly okay, but focussing on content that's either already in the game or at least free would be preferred.

Two minutes on each skin is wayy too long a time, that'd mean you'd be making 20 minute videos on what are generic racing liveries. And I still need to get the liveries to work in game before that can even happen.

Changing the number plate is ultimately okay with me, but I'm not a fan of using licensed and trademarked logos, so I respect that you altered it enough. Also, liveries for mods are perfectly okay, but focussing on content that's either already in the game or at least free would be preferred.

I can work something out once you get them in game :)

Back