SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
Something to think about as we've hit the half way point of the season: how will tie-breakers be decided for final standings?

@BradESPN @SAMHAIN85
May I request that the Season Standings link be placed on Page 1 of our Series?
Would be more easily accessed than searching for the last time it was posted in the thread.
Thank you for considering it.

Something to think about as we've hit the half way point of the season: how will tie-breakers be decided for final standings?

How about this:

1) Best individual race finish
a) If two drivers have the same best finish, the driver with more finishes in this position wins
b) If two drivers have the same number of finishes in this position, start over with these races omitted​
2) Best head-to-head result
a) Look at the first race where all tied drivers participated, and the driver with the best finishing position wins
b) If all tied drivers never raced together at the same time, use the results from the first race (drivers that didn't race in this race would lose the tiebreaker). Note that this almost certainly will never happen, but example #5 below outlines how it technically could...​

Some examples to make things clearer:

Example #1
[Driver]: [R1 finish], [R2 finish], ... [R8 finish]
Bob: 1, 1, X, X, 4, 6, 2, 1
Amy: 3, 2, 5, 2, 3, 2, 3, X

Bob wins because he has a better individual race finish (he finished 1st multiple times and Amy never did)

Example #2
Amy: 3, 4, 5, 2, 1, 2, 3, X

Bob wins because he has more first place finishes (see 1.a above)

Example #3
Amy: 4, 5, 3, 5, 1, 1, 1, X

Bob wins because they have the same number of first place finishes, but he has a second place finish (see 1.b above)
Example #4
Bob: 1, 1, X, X, 1, 2, 2, 2
Amy: 2, 2, X, X, 2, 1, 1, 1

Bob wins because he had a better finish in the first race in which they both participated (see 2.a above)

Example #5
Bob: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, X, X
Amy: X, X, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Joe: 2, 3, X, X, 4, 5, 6, 1
Pam: 3, 4, 5, 6, X, X, 1, 2

These four drivers never raced all together in the same race, but Bob wins because he had the best finish in the first race (Joe finishes second, Pam finishes third, and poor Amy finishes fourth - see 2.b above)
If nobody sees any issues with this, I can include it in the OP (in a spoiler tag to save space).

Did the starting order procedure get changed in the OP? If not, I started in the wrong position this week

Since my kids are outta school for the next two months ill be signing up and committing to pretty much everything as far as S.N.A.I.L is concerned.

Does this mean you'll be able to participate in at least 75% of our races on Tuesday nights? If so, I'll move you to the Provisional drivers list (so you don't have to re-commit every week).

All right endureees. Would you rather have a technical track that will test your concentration to the end? You won’t lose much time if you run off track here. I ran multiple laps even with a hurt car and it’s not that bad.
Or
The safe route?

All right endureees. Would you rather have a technical track that will test your concentration to the end? You won’t lose much time if you run off track here. I ran multiple laps even with a hurt car and it’s not that bad.
Or
The safe route?

I would rather something that doesn't give me an aneurysm when I try and overtake...

Or
The safe route?

I'll go with option C, pick the combo YOU would rather run. Afterall you earned it :)

But personally I enjoy the more challenging combos in general. And with this being an endurance series, it really keeps you on your toes the entire 90mins, rather than just being on auto-drive for the majority of it. A true test of endurance and concentration.

Or
The safe route?

Just make sure the announcement you make is clear about where and what the combo is. :D :D :D :D:D

Just make sure the announcement you make is clear about where and what the combo is. :D :D :D :D:D
Yea yea yea.

And sam is right. I am trying to keep everyone in mind but I really like my idea. Sorry manevolant im going to practice that other one again. I realize this will be tough but I think it will be fun. If we end up with less people then we know next time. I will post later once I get the tire wear and fuel figured out.

Yea yea yea.

And sam is right. I am trying to keep everyone in mind but I really like my idea. Sorry manevolant im going to practice that other one again. I realize this will be tough but I think it will be fun. If we end up with less people then we know next time. I will post later once I get the tire wear and fuel figured out.

I'll race either way, I'm just offering opinion.
Sam can apparently auto-drive faster than I can drive on the edge, so he's just looking for something spicy.

Good racing everyone.
@BradESPN it's been requested that you link these files to the main post so they're easier to find.

On the points total, I've added in ranks, but I'm only ranking drivers who are eligible for the championship.
All other drivers are still eligible to choose a track though.

@Neutty you are selecting a track this week, please try and have your decision by Friday @6pm EST (I guess we'll go with this date/time).

Tough combo this week, that hairpin was a killer.

Please note the following drivers have already missed 2 races and if you miss a 3rd race you will be demoted to "interested driver"
@SAMHAIN85 @FREEREVN
I just started two races ago

Yeah, we only need to move drivers to "Interested" if they miss two races in a season after they've signed up to be Provisional.

I'll update the first post to include "as of" dates for all of the Provisional drivers.

Yeah, we only need to move drivers to "Interested" if they miss two races in a season after they've signed up to be Provisional.

I'll update the first post to include "as of" dates for all of the Provisional drivers.

Thanks @BradESPN
@FREEREVN I was fairly certain this was the case, but wasn't 100% sure - glad you cleared this up, I will adjust my spreadsheet to reflect the proper data.

@Neutty

IMG_2188.JPG

May I suggest:
Audi TT Cup 2016
335 hp - 2480

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Nissan R92CP 92’
MR 938hp 1984 LBS Turbo’d
@
Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop
18:00 Clear
Tire Wear: 4X
Fuel usage: 3X

There will be lots of pitting, Keep in mind that the pits here will also be tight!!
I have had loads of fun running laps with this setup. It will be a battle of ENDURANCE! “Literally” Be careful passing, if you hit the wall here you don’t really lose all that much time, but a damaged car that still drives pretty decent.
This should also help keep some of us fast guys in the back longer. Pit strategy should play a roll in this as well. I think this will be fun and nerve racking.
Practice up, we’re going to need it. @BradESPN

Last edited:
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Nissan R92CP 92’
MR 938hp 1984 LBS Turbo’d
@
Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop
18:00 Clear
Tire Wear: 4X
Fuel usage: 3X

There will be lots of pitting, Keep in mind that the pits here will also be tight!!
I have had loads of fun running laps with this setup. It will be a battle of ENDURANCE! “Literally” Be careful passing, if you hit the wall here you don’t really lose all that much time, but a damaged car that still drives pretty decent.
This should also help keep some of us fast guys in the back longer. Pit strategy should play a roll in this as well. I think this will be fun and nerve racking.
Practice up, we’re going to need it. @BradESPN
I'm assuming racing tires?

At one point there was an issue with pitting at some of the Tokyo tracks. Has that been fixed or is this a track that wasn't affected by this?

Back