SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
@BradESPN
I was just "Kicked out of the room"
Hmmmm, trouble tonight?

Not able to get back in

Yea my bad. I thought i had all my settings to stock. Im not a VAG group guy by no means but that beatle is fun. The downshifts sound like gun fire. Since we ran this combo in the enduro does this mean we can run it in regular season? Hope not.

Sorry about last night. I didnt disconnect, my dog was really sick and my wife was freaking out so off I went to help clean up poop and throw up (at the same time):( Probably just got into something. He is a pup so its to be expected but this is my wifes 2nd child:)

Season 2 - Week 1 Prizes:

Prize A: @thracerviewr
This means you can choose the track and car for D2 next week
Please make your selection before Thursday (7/19) at 11:59 PM EST

Prize B: @Neutty
This means you can choose the car for D1 next week - remember that you must use the same tire/fuel wear as the car chosen by RR
Please make your selection before Saturday (7/21) at 11:59 PM EST

Yea my bad. I thought i had all my settings to stock. Im not a VAG group guy by no means but that beatle is fun. The downshifts sound like gun fire. Since we ran this combo in the enduro does this mean we can run it in regular season? Hope not.

Sunday league has nothing to do with Tuesday enduro other than they are both operated under the SNAIL name.
Combo's that we run on Tuesday do not affect Sunday and vice versa.

However, this track, nor the 2 cars that were driven yesterday (gr.2 Nissan and gr.3 Beetle) can be driven again this entire season (the next 7 weeks).

It can be fun to have inspiration from one cross into the other. Say you win an Endurance prize and really enjoy a Sunday combo but want it to last longer than two 12 minute races. Choose that car/track combo for a Tuesday night.

I totally agree, that Beetle is so much fun to drive. I'd love to race it on Suzuka. You actually might get to use its 7th gear on that track ;)

@THRASH I was catching up to you at the end! I had a terrible start then got rearended exiting the pit and couldn't go faster than 80 for entire lap (not to mention the almost 10 second repair time...I got slimed!). Eventually settled in but you and @stelephant had already lapped me so it was just an effort to put down my fastest laps (2:19-2:23). Tricky course, new wheel, white wine= fun times.

Thanks @BradESPN for keeping this going. I like the new format and will remember to bump up my hp next time. ;)

Season 2 - Week 1 Prizes:

Prize A: @thracerviewr
This means you can choose the track and car for D2 next week
Please make your selection before Thursday (7/19) at 11:59 PM EST

Prize B: @Neutty
This means you can choose the car for D1 next week - remember that you must use the same tire/fuel wear as the car chosen by RR
Please make your selection before Saturday (7/21) at 11:59 PM EST
I can't pick a car until I know what car @Neutty has picked, right? And I think he can pick tire and fuel wear?
I'll post my track choice here tonight (PST).

I can't pick a car until I know what car @Neutty has picked, right? And I think he can pick tire and fuel wear?
I'll post my track choice here tonight (PST).

No we changed that.

Prize A picks car for your division, the track and the tire and fuel wear. You can only win prize A once a season.

Prize B picks the car for whichever division prize A isn't picking, they pick the car second and can be won multiple times a season.

No we changed that.

Prize A picks car for your division, the track and the tire and fuel wear. You can only win prize A once a season.

Prize B picks the car for whichever division prize A isn't picking, they pick the car second and can be won multiple times a season.
OK, thanks for clarifying.

@THRASH I was catching up to you at the end! I had a terrible start then got rearended exiting the pit and couldn't go faster than 80 for entire lap (not to mention the almost 10 second repair time...I got slimed!). Eventually settled in but you and @stelephant had already lapped me so it was just an effort to put down my fastest laps (2:19-2:23). Tricky course, new wheel, white wine= fun times.

Thanks @BradESPN for keeping this going. I like the new format and will remember to bump up my hp next time. ;)

Man I had no clue why we couldn’t keep up with anyone. I tried about 3 different strategies and was losing time constantly so I just put hard tires on and put my fuel at a 3 just to ride out the last 30 minutes. But excluding the spec issues I loved the new format. Can’t wait for next race and hopefully I can keep up lol.

I know it was because we didnt have room to do two lobbies but the different class racing was fun. We should try that again in the future.

This is a little optimistic at this point, but the goal I've had in mind is 24 committed drivers. With that many drivers, we could have four divisions of 6, and each week your division could share the track with a different division (e.g. D1 and D2 race together week 1, D1 and D3 race together week 2, etc.) This would give us two lobbies of 12, with room for Interested drivers in each.

We're currently at 15 committed drivers, so maybe this can happen by Season 3 or 4... we just need to keep recruiting.

This is a little optimistic at this point, but the goal I've had in mind is 24 committed drivers. With that many drivers, we could have four divisions of 6, and each week your division could share the track with a different division (e.g. D1 and D2 race together week 1, D1 and D3 race together week 2, etc.) This would give us two lobbies of 12, with room for Interested drivers in each.

We're currently at 15 committed drivers, so maybe this can happen by Season 3 or 4... we just need to keep recruiting.
Or 16 drivers each in a different category. N100-N1000 = 10 plus gr1 through gr4 and then grB and grX. I realize this would probably be pointless because for the most part we’d know who would finish where based on the category of car they drove but hey, ultimate class racing.

Back