SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
Slammed this week with work, but looking forward to some Tuesday enduro when I am not as busy, just wanted to post so you know that I am still interested. Have fun tonight.

Still at work aswell guys I was trying to get asap but looks like I'm gonna miss this week should be good to go next week though

I had a blast for sure! The only thing I'm going to have to work on is the comfort of my seat on my rig......as much as I liked the racing last night, my back didn't.

I had a blast for sure! The only thing I'm going to have to work on is the comfort of my seat on my rig......as much as I liked the racing last night, my back didn't.
Yeah, my T300/Wheel Stand Pro/Couch setup isn't the most stylish, but it's definitely comfy.

Iv been using the openwheeler cockpit for about 4 months now and I was surprised at how comfortable it is but will say it's been a hell of a learning curve going from controller to wheel and pedal set up but as far as the adjustable seat goes I will say I was surprised it was actually comfortable

Ha...I got ahead of the curve last night after learning a few things from practice. I ended up putting a folded blanket on the seat. Im usually just doing 20-30 min races then taking a brake. Another way testing payed off.

Ha...I got ahead of the curve last night after learning a few things from practice. I ended up putting a folded blanket on the seat. Im usually just doing 20-30 min races then taking a brake. Another way testing payed off.

I was comfy enough, but for me I noticed my wheel wasn't in the best position - after about 45 minutes I noticed I was pulling down on it a little - I've never noticed the wheel was slightly too high until now.

I was comfy enough, but for me I noticed my wheel wasn't in the best position - after about 45 minutes I noticed I was pulling down on it a little - I've never noticed the wheel was slightly too high until now.

Same here but with my seat position being to far forward making my knees ache. I changed this right before start so it felt weird but got use to it quick. Also, just started using both feet for brake/gas which has helped with times and aching. Sucks to get old:(

Would have liked to seen where I compared with your time provided I didnt take rear damage on the first 2 laps. On the long straight the car is at 166mph and I was only hitting 155mph there on top of it being squirlly even with good tires. Laps were at 1:55 - 1:56 during this time. Couldnt decide if I should pit or ride it out till I had to...I did the latter but still dont know if that was the right decision.

Same here but with my seat position being to far forward making my knees ache. I changed this right before start so it felt weird but got use to it quick. Also, just started using both feet for brake/gas which has helped with times and aching. Sucks to get old:(

Would have liked to seen where I compared with your time provided I didnt take rear damage on the first 2 laps. On the long straight the car is at 166mph and I was only hitting 155mph there on top of it being squirlly even with good tires. Laps were at 1:55 - 1:56 during this time. Couldnt decide if I should pit or ride it out till I had to...I did the latter but still dont know if that was the right decision.

I couldn't save the replay, got booted from lobby after race was over.
What happened?

I remember being in p2, coming into the chicane on lap 2 or 3 I think and somebody just went flying up the inside, then I heard crashes and bangs and I somehow managed to escape everything unscathed and ended up driving away.

Imo, after any damage you need to pit ASAP and just change strategy.

Regarding pace, I was driving low 1.52's consistently on RH tires and some short shifting to stretch the fuel out.

just started using both feet for brake/gas which has helped with times and aching. Sucks to get old:(

As far as I know this is pretty standard for wheel users. I cant imagine not using both feet at this point, I've gotten pretty used to it. It also helps with settling the car in my opinion if you're on the gas and brake simultaneously. And with your left foot always hovering over the brake pedal you can hit it that much faster than if you were to lift off the gas with your right foot and have to move it over to the brake pedal.

I'm pretty satisfied with my Playseat Alcantara. Its pretty comfortable. My problem after last night was the sole on my left foot started hurting. I just wear socks so I might need to look into some thin shoes or something since I have no feel for gas/brake with regular shoes on

As far as I know this is pretty standard for wheel users. I cant imagine not using both feet at this point, I've gotten pretty used to it. It also helps with settling the car in my opinion if you're on the gas and brake simultaneously. And with your left foot always hovering over the brake pedal you can hit it that much faster than if you were to lift off the gas with your right foot and have to move it over to the brake pedal.

I'm pretty satisfied with my Playseat Alcantara. Its pretty comfortable. My problem after last night was the sole on my left foot started hurting. I just wear socks so I might need to look into some thin shoes or something since I have no feel for gas/brake with regular shoes on

I use a wheel stand pro, which basically forces you to use 2 feet to drive, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was running 1:51-1:52 pretty consistently. When I got close to @BradESPN I ras a few 1:50s with RH tires.

I have an omega gt and although I knew I would be faster using both feet I just went with what felt comfy. I use really thin tennis shoes.

Last edited:
Just a thought for the future.
If we had closer to a full lobby, we could have 2 divisions.

For example, we could have half the field in a group 3 Honda, and the other half in the group 4 Honda.
Could be an interesting way to cater to a wider skill base without splitting the races up entirely.

For example, we could have half the field in a group 3 Honda, and the other half in the group 4 Honda.
Could be an interesting way to cater to a wider skill base without splitting the races up entirely.
I'm good with whatever you guys choose, and I'm ok running in the bottom half of the field each week. I'm just doing it for the fun and experience(seat time).

Yep, I like it, and it sounds like @TVV0_ would too:

Definitely enjoyed the enduro lobby tonight thanks @BradESPN again for hosting. Another thought which can be an easy no as not to try and throw to much into the mix. If we get the participants to have two classes of cars?

Any strong objections to just doing qualifying the same as we do on Sunday night? I thought the "laid back" method would make it easier, but I think it was just confusing... we could just adjust Tuesday night's schedule to be:

8:00 (CST) - Lobby Opens
8:30 - Qualifier then race

Any strong objections to just doing qualifying the same as we do on Sunday night? I thought the "laid back" method would make it easier, but I think it was just confusing... we could just adjust Tuesday night's schedule to be:

8:00 (CST) - Lobby Opens
8:30 - Qualifier then race

Personally I prefer having a set amount of time to qualify. One and done isn't as fun, and imo doesn't accurately represent endurance racing.

I had lots of fun chasing down @SAMHAIN85 qualifying time, at one point I was .006 off his time.

Sorry to bail like i did. The grid start i let off thinking restart lost a few positions before i started racing then faults of my own left me to flustered to proceed.

I do like the 30 min qually IF we roll start.(makes the effort more rewarding)

The hotlap IF we grid start(starts clearly can make or break a driver)

Sorry to bail like i did. The grid start i let off thinking restart lost a few positions before i started racing then faults of my own left me to flustered to proceed.

I do like the 30 min qually IF we roll start.(makes the effort more rewarding)

The hotlap IF we grid start(starts clearly can make or break a driver)

Really sorry I forgot to change it to rolling start, TVVO... I would have called for a restart but I didn't even think of it until a couple laps had gone by.

Did gt sport not have s rating anymore? I saw earlier my safety was s now it says a+ I haven't been on today to see if there was a update but found that kinda strange

Back