SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
The Peugeot is going to be around 3:30 a lap depending on tire and fuel load +-5 seconds or so.

Are you sure 3:30 is right? I know I’m not the fastest but I’m not even coming close to a 3:30 after detuning the car down to 80%/560 HP, and I’m pushing it as much as possible. I really don’t see where I can make up anymore time :confused:

Maybe I’m detuning things wrong?

Are you sure 3:30 is right? I know I’m not the fastest but I’m not even coming close to a 3:30 after detuning the car down to 80%/560 HP, and I’m pushing it as much as possible. I really don’t see where I can make up anymore time :confused:

Brad ran a 3:35 last night in practice I know the gt3 car is fun it's almost glued to the track

3:30 is right.

I'm setting 3:30's on hard and 3:27's on soft.

Rolling Start worked!

I am sure that everyone knows this already but when we start the race it does start you at a bad place in the middle of the chicanes. For the leader it isn't to bad but last night just from the green flag waving i had a 3 what felt a 3 second head start. I don't know if there was something that happened behind me or not. I know for us starting in the back of the pack tonight, I will be using extreme caution through the first couples of sectors.

I did see Major and Tex last night having a nice battle from what it looked like

I am sure that everyone knows this already but when we start the race it does start you at a bad place in the middle of the chicanes. For the leader it isn't to bad but last night just from the green flag waving i had a 3 what felt a 3 second head start. I don't know if there was something that happened behind me or not. I know for us starting in the back of the pack tonight, I will be using extreme caution through the first couples of sectors.

I did see Major and Tex last night having a nice battle from what it looked like

Yes, top 3 have a large advantage with rolling start, 4th gets bogged in the chicane.

I would prefer grid because we've been doing grid all season.

LOL I just slowed Tex down for a few laps :lol:

I will not be available for the racing tonight....Seems to be a few incident reports filed this week that are a priority. I only have a few hours to get them done this week given my schedule. Sorry guys. I loved the combo though.

Brad ran a 3:35 last night in practice I know the gt3 car is fun it's almost glued to the track

3:30 is right.

I'm setting 3:30's on hard and 3:27's on soft.

Thanks guys. I’ll just have to check if I have the settings right and if they are, I’ll just have to find more time somehow I guess. It just seemed odd because I had softs on and was pushing as hard as I could but could only manage consistent 3:40’s, and my fastest lap would’ve been a 3:38 had I not got on the gas too quick out of the last chicane and slid a bit. I just don’t know how I can find 8-10 more seconds.

Thanks guys. I’ll just have to check if I have the settings right and if they are, I’ll just have to find more time somehow I guess. It just seemed odd because I had softs on and was pushing as hard as I could but could only manage consistent 3:40’s, and my fastest lap would’ve been a 3:38 had I not got on the gas too quick out of the last chicane and slid a bit. I just don’t know how I can find 8-10 more seconds.
Make sure you are running the correct time of day when practicing.

I believe I was but I’ll double check everything when I get home and have a few more runs. Could very well just be me not being quick which is odd since I like the car and feel comfortable with it, but it happens.

Yes, top 3 have a large advantage with rolling start, 4th gets bogged in the chicane.

I would prefer grid because we've been doing grid all season.

It's unfortunate that the top 3 get an advantage, but at least it'll be three drivers that deserve a reward for being in the top 3 of D1 (@MSgtGunny, @Neutty, and @Jw_wk1010).

I just think it's too easy to get damage when we do grid starts - either from someone missing shift/spinning their tires, or from everyone trying to go into T1 3-wide.

Last night's rolling start was calm and safe.

It's unfortunate that the top 3 get an advantage, but at least it'll be three drivers that deserve a reward for being in the top 3 of D1 (@MSgtGunny, @Neutty, and @Jw_wk1010).

I just think it's too easy to get damage when we do grid starts - either from someone missing shift/spinning their tires, or from everyone trying to go into T1 3-wide.

Last night, at the start, the D-1 cars were positioned behind the D-2 cars. This allowed the P1 D-2 car to accelerate ahead of the pack while the others were "tip-toeing" thru the chicane. That made it difficult for the other D-2 cars to ever catch up with that lead car.

Tonight, I'm sure, the D-1 Cars will be positioned in front - and all D-2 cars will have a similar "tip-toeing". Hopefully the acceleration of the P1 D-2 car will not result in an excessive lead going into the initial turns. The first chicane should re-group the divisions for the trip to the first long straight - and the benefit of Draft.

I have no issue with doing a rolling start from the perspective of the top 3 earned the advantage, my concern is the inconsistency. It's been grid all season, figured we could finish the season with grid.

Last night, at the start, the D-1 cars were positioned behind the D-2 cars. This allowed the P1 D-2 car to accelerate ahead of the pack while the others were "tip-toeing" thru the chicane. That made it difficult for the other D-2 cars to ever catch up with that lead car.

Tonight, I'm sure, the D-1 Cars will be positioned in front - and all D-2 cars will have a similar "tip-toeing". Hopefully the acceleration of the P1 D-2 car will not result in an excessive lead going into the initial turns. The first chicane should re-group the divisions for the trip to the first long straight - and the benefit of Draft.

Sorry, I forgot to put the D1 cars up front last night. Tonight will of course be correct.

Well I got to run some laps when I got home this afternoon. Made sure the settings were correct and the first lap I got was a 3:29. I know I’ve been struggling with speed and consistency lately but I’m glad it’s not THAT bad :lol:

I have no idea what I did wrong when I set things up last night. All I know is that that’s the last time I try to get practice in at midnight :ouch:

Well I got to run some laps when I got home this afternoon. Made sure the settings were correct and the first lap I got was a 3:29. I know I’ve been struggling with speed and consistency lately but I’m glad it’s not THAT bad :lol:

I have no idea what I did wrong when I set things up last night. All I know is that that’s the last time I try to get practice in at midnight :ouch:

I feel you man I can't usually do anything after midnight unless I'm drinking lol weird thing is I usually do better after a couple drinks than sober I find myself pushing harder and harder

@TEX36 Man that was a close battle all race long. I thought for sure i screwed up big time when I spun and hit the one wall and got left front damage. The car turned like it was a brick after that. Very Very close considering it was after 90 mins. Everybody in d1 I did my best to stay out of everybody's way, the one time I even missed the one chicane just to stay out of the way.

@TEX36 Man that was a close battle all race long. I thought for sure i screwed up big time when I spun and hit the one wall and got left front damage. The car turned like it was a brick after that. Very Very close considering it was after 90 mins. Everybody in d1 I did my best to stay out of everybody's way, the one time I even missed the one chicane just to stay out of the way.

I wouldn't worry too much avoid going off track to avoid other people.

FYI - you need to short shift the hell out of that car. Gunny made a good point in that shortshifting is probably faster than revving it out, but the fuel you conserve is ridiculous.

Thought I might catch you the last 16 minutes, but you pull away as usual. I just can’t match your pace.

Too bad we were the only 2 from D-2 in the event - very hard to stay focused. Well, until a Swoosh went passed every now and again.

Thought I might catch you the last 16 minutes, but you pull away as usual. I just can’t match your pace.

Too bad we were the only 2 from D-2 in the event - very hard to stay focused. Well, until a Swoosh went passed every now and again.

Very true I caught myself drifting a couple times especially down the long straights.

Don't worry though the last two tracks really fit my style of driving I guess still have a long way to go in the championship.

Back