**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
A big "Thank You" to @IInovaII for the following livery for the MPCC.

upload_2020-4-29_9-38-12.jpeg

Hey Gentlemen,
I would like to ask a favor to all drivers that have rendered their own liveries. Some time in the next week, please take your car into the livery editor, and select "Preview" at the far left. Don't change the angle or distance, just take a screenshot of your car from the side on the white background and post the picture here in the thread or messaged to me via psn. Unfortunately, gtsport does not offer this background for photomode, so the only way to get this shot for each car in the same size is through your help. The goal is to put a spotter guide together for this series like the one shown in the SPOILER box below for our Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series:
Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png event 10 2 reserves.png

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Those tagged below are the ones I need.m:
@CPT_RowdyGiff
👍 @Rob Brown
👍 @nmcp1
👍 @Bologna_Duc
👍 @PrivateSmiles
👍 @Xradkins
👍 @stelephant
@vsfit
@Hellbringer69
👍 @Phlano099
@JLBowler
@Roman_GT23
@USERID_77a23
@TomMang_68

Last edited:
Hey Gentlemen,
I would like to ask a favor to all drivers that have rendered their own liveries. Some time in the next week, please take your car into the livery editor, and select "Preview" at the far left. Don't change the angle or distance, just take a screenshot of your car from the side on the white background and post the picture here in the thread. Unfortunately, gtsport does not offer this background for photomode, so the only way to get this shot for each car in the same size is through your help. The goal is to put a spotter guide together for this series like the one shown in the SPOILER box below for our Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series:

@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Rob Brown
@nmcp1
@Bologna_Duc
@PrivateSmiles
@Xradkins
@stelephant
@vsfit
@Hellbringer69
@Phlano099
@JLBowler
@Roman_GT23
@USERID_77a23
@TomMang_68

Can I send you a msg on PSN with a screen shot attached instead of putting it here? You could add it here at your convenience.

Hey Gentlemen,
I would like to ask a favor to all drivers that have rendered their own liveries. Some time in the next week, please take your car into the livery editor, and select "Preview" at the far left. Don't change the angle or distance, just take a screenshot of your car from the side on the white background and post the picture here in the thread or messaged to me via psn. Unfortunately, gtsport does not offer this background for photomode, so the only way to get this shot for each car in the same size is through your help. The goal is to put a spotter guide together for this series like the one shown in the SPOILER box below for our Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series:

@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Rob Brown
@nmcp1
@Bologna_Duc
@PrivateSmiles
@Xradkins
@stelephant
@vsfit
@Hellbringer69
@Phlano099
@JLBowler
@Roman_GT23
@USERID_77a23
@TomMang_68

I noticed my awesome looking Brumos Porsche is the only one in front of some garage doors. Does that mean my car is the only one that ever makes it to the track?

Looks awesome, @CANOWORMS1! Nice work as usual, @llNovall!

@Moby45 You really are meant to be a Canadian! By the way, I heard you're a whiz with car setup. You wouldn't be able to give me a few pointers some time, would you?

I am not a whiz at set-ups. I do have basic knowledge that I apply to other peoples setups when needed. Lol

What car are you running? I will help where I can. Like Nova, I usually use a tune from a guy named priano here in the forums he has a tune thread. Then I adjust a couple of things if the tune needs it to fit how I drive. You can PM me if you want or put it all on here. @llNovall and @Roman_GT23 are other guys who know tuning pretty well also. Either of us can help for sure or even give you a tune if we have it.

I am not a whiz at set-ups. I do have basic knowledge that I apply to other peoples setups when needed. Lol

What car are you running? I will help where I can. Like Nova, I usually use a tune from a guy named priano here in the forums he has a tune thread. Then I adjust a couple of things if the tune needs it to fit how I drive. You can PM me if you want or put it all on here. @llNovall and @Roman_GT23 are other guys who know tuning pretty well also. Either of us can help for sure or even give you a tune if we have it.

I've got the Honda NSX. Nova recommended Praiano, which definitely has helped. The car feels ok handling wise, but it's the gearing that usually trips me up. I've found some interesting videos and posts on the subject, but haven't put in enough time to experiment.

Phlano mentioned you helped him out with some tuning and he said it made all the difference.

Correct I helped Phlano with the TCR class which is what I am running in. The Front Wheel Drive cars don't have a lot of people making tunes for them so I took one that seemed ok here on GTP and changed a few things with the suspension to make it handle better. The gearing for the FWD cars is best when it is left untouched.

I used the NSX a while back. WHen I get home let me look at the priaino tune I used and see if I changed anyhting on it. I cant remember if I did or not.

Screenshot_20200429-225237_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just putting this out there for our friend @R1600Turbo to any drivers who are free on Sunday afternoons between 2-4 est and looking for a series that is the familiar Gr4 Class but with a different spin.

These are Gr4, front engine/rear drive V8 cars that will be max power, and near minimum weight to achieve a Aussie V8 Supercar class power-to-weight ratio and the overkill feel of these cars.

Check out his link below and see if it might work for your schedule. Series is to run from May through part of June weekly.
V8 Thunder | GT4 Racing - Sundays @ 11am PST | Signups OPEN!

For sure go check out that league if you are available in those time slots. @R1600Turbo is a great racer and very nice.

@PrivateSmiles I looked at the GT4 Honda NSX tune I used and it is 100% Priaino's tune. Only thing I have different setup wise on it is the last time I used it I put +1 to the front of the brake bias and -2.7 front tires, +11 toe out front tires. Everything else is that dudes exact tune.

I did 5 laps in it at Laguna and it seemed fine for me. You can start there then adjust brake bias, camber and toe to your liking. But you shouldn't have to make much adjustments.

There's been no news on the IRS Friday front, so let's try this one more time. Looks like only the Mustang is left so I'll make it work.

I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific BOP regulations.
PSN ID:
DesertPenguin_
Car: Ford Mustang
Number: 9
Race Team: (not required at sign up)

There's been no news on the IRS Friday front, so let's try this one more time. Looks like only the Mustang is left so I'll make it work.

I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific BOP regulations.
PSN ID:
DesertPenguin_
Car: Ford Mustang
Number: 9
Race Team: (not required at sign up)
I still had you on the roster as a Reserve, but in the McLaren.
Drivrr Profile Page
Let me know if your still good in that car or want to go for the Mustang. Either way is fine given you are a Reserve, and haven't submitted a time trial yet. Let me know:cheers:

I'll have to test a bit and let you know. I'll probably pick the Mustang as it's easier to make a livery design work compared to the McLaren

5845695412539785756_0.jpg

Exhibition Event #2
at Fuji Speedway (Short)
on Friday, May 8th, 2020
Confirmation Post
We will be having our Exhibition Testing Event #2, this Friday, May 8th, 2020 at 9:00pm est.

The latest Driver BOP regulations will be updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply the latest numbers to your car before entering the race room.

Also, I would ask that all drivers review section 4 of the first post, tabs 4.1 and 4.2. This goes over Multi-Class Racing etiquette and the Caution process for the series.

The plan for the night is as follows:
9pm est- open room and verify regs/20 minute open qualifying/ warm up
9:25pm est -60 minute Race using all series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

**(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative as it will be a first rough draft trial run of the process.)**

***Please review tab 4.2 in the first post and clarify or make suggestions before we get to race night.***

I'll ask that all drivers who make it on the grid, to please stay in the race for race night, as we will have to possibly turn some drivers away and it would be a wasted opportunity to grab data. If you do not plan on participating for the duration of the night, leave the spot open. If you spin or go off track, either get back at it to set laps solo and wait for a Caution, or stay track side to get back in the pack a lap down to have some drivers to race. Just please stay with it.

Primary Driver will be given priority for each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on prior testing/time trialing participation, then based on order of availability. Please reply your intentions either way.

Hope to see another good turn out next week.

👍 @llNovall
(X) @CPT_RowdyGiff
👍 @TEX36
👍 @Rob Brown
👍 @nmcp1
(X) @Bologna_Duc
👍 @PrivateSmiles
👍 @LST
👍 @GCimprezaFTW
👍 @Xradkins

👍 @Moby45
👍 @stelephant
👍 @vsfit
👍 @Hellbringer69
👍 @Phlano099
👍 @JLBowler

Reserve Drivers List (9 Reserves)
GS Class (6 Reserve Spots)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead/ rauljimenez76 (moved to primary roster)
(X( @Roman_GT23/ Roman_GT23
(X) @DesertPenguin/ DesertPenguin
👍 @CANOWORMS1/canoworms1 (1st)

TCR Class (3 Reserve Spots)
@USERID_77a23/USERID_77a23
@TomMang_68/OMG_MANG

Last edited:
Back