**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
I know we are getting close, but I’m kind Of a race-day decision... I might be out of town for work training, possibly. It’s all up in the air, but I’ll let you know as soon as I know

I know we are getting close, but I’m kind Of a race-day decision... I might be out of town for work training, possibly. It’s all up in the air, but I’ll let you know as soon as I know
Thanks for the heads up. I'll mark you tentative for now.:cheers:

Opening practice room in 15min
Edit: no one around. Gonna run Gr4 Manufacturers Event at Suzuka at 12am est

Last edited:
Im going to open a room tonight about 630 pst if i get off of work in time. Ill update the post as it gets closer.
Got off in time. Ill open it at 630ish and ill post a lobby number. I usually do a friends only lobby so shoot me a friend invite if you dont see the lobby after i post the number.

Lobby is up 0475 4267 8375 7718 0228 closed

Last edited:
Hey @IINovaII - do we know the target lap times for this week?

I managed an optimum of 2:07.8, but best lap I put together was a 2:08.1

cheers :)

Hey @IINovaII - do we know the target lap times for this week?

I managed an optimum of 2:07.8, but best lap I put together was a 2:08.1

cheers :)
For TCR, I'd say fastest laps in the hi 2:07's with an avg lap range of 2:08.0-2:08.5 give or take, and gs pace at around 2:04.0-2:04.5 give or take a few tenths.

To all drivers, be reminded that the chicane at the Nurburgring GP Circuit may be attacked aggressively. Rather than the standard Snail rules of no wheels on the green apron or touching of the pylon, for this series and the Porsche series we use the 2 wheels on the red and white curbing, even for this chicane. Running over the pylon is allowed....be sure to keep at least 2 wheels on the red/white curbing. The reason for this is to allow the chicane to be attacked in a straighter line to help avoid incidents. Enforcement of these track boundaries will be peer to peer governed. If any driver feels that another gained an advantage by going out of bounds, please report it for review. I will tag and remind all drivers again in the pre race debrief.

Last edited:
All drivers tagged below, please see the note in bold in the post above regarding the boundaries used for the chicane at the Nurburgring GP for this series.
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@TEX36 / TEX36
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
@nmcp1 / nmcp1
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
@Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido
@GTR4MROD/GTR4MROD

TCR Class Primary
@Moby45 / Moby45
@stelephant / stelephant
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099
@JLBowler / JLBowler
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan
@Herimopp89/Herimopp89

Reserve Drivers List (12 Reserves)
GS Class (6 Reserve Spots)
@Akzl298/Akzl298
@Harry Rowley /Harry Rowley
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142

TCR Class (6 Reserve Spots)
@Fudman420/Fudman420
@RadStewart /heated_seats
@Drummer79/Drummer1979

For TCR, I'd say fastest laps in the hi 2:07's with an avg lap range of 2:08.0-2:08.5 give or take, and gs pace at around 2:04.0-2:04.5 give or take a few tenths.

To all drivers, be reminded that the chicane at the Nurburgring GP Circuit may be attacked aggressively. Rather than the standard Snail rules of no wheels on the green apron or touching of the pylon, for this series and the Porsche series we use the 2 wheels on the red and white curbing, even for this chicane. Running over the pylon is allowed....be sure to keep at least 2 wheels on the red/white curbing. The reason for this is to allow the chicane to be attacked in a straighter line to help avoid incidents. Enforcement of these track boundaries will be peer to peer governed. If any driver feels that another gained an advantage by going out of bounds, please report it for review. I will tag and remind all drivers again in the pre race debrief.
Thanks heaps mate - should be some good racing this week :)

I will most likely have to step aside for this race due to a 3 hr race already I had previously signed up for. If everything went to schedule it would only be finishing up around 9:30pm est. So I would rather give the position to some one else. If there is room after my race is over can You please send me a message as I will gladly join up.

Reminder to the following primary drivers:
@Rob Brown
@Bologna_Duc
@Roman_GT23
@GCimprezaFTW -confirmed tentative
@Herimopp89 -confirmed tentative

Please be sure to confirm your race status for this Friday's Race night by Thursday 5pm est or earlier if you know to allow our available Reserve Drivers additonal time to prepare.
Confirmation Reminder Post Event #5

Just tagging the following GS reserves @R1600Turbo and @Kermit_2142 to see what your status is if the needs are there.

I'm going to *tentatively* confirm for this Friday. I dislocated my shoulder (again :scared:) over the weekend. I popped it back in but it's a bit....tender. Not sure if I will last 2 40min races. I'll see how I hold up in another league race Wednesday night.

Last edited:
I'm going to *tentatively* confirm for this Friday. I dislocated my shoulder (again :scared:) over the weekend. I popped it back in but it's a bit....tender. Not sure if I will last 2 40min races. I'll see how I hold up in another league race Wednesday night.
Sounds good Roman. Thanks for the reply.:cheers:

I will most likely have to step aside for this race due to a 3 hr race already I had previously signed up for. If everything went to schedule it would only be finishing up around 9:30pm est. So I would rather give the position to some one else. If there is room after my race is over can You please send me a message as I will gladly join up.
Absolutely, and thanks for the reply. Also, in the chance you do finish before our race room shows "in race", and there are open spots shown, just jump on in...otherwise, I'll message you after Race 1if spots are open. Good luck on your Enduro, and hope we do catch you at some point Friday.:cheers:
@Fudman420, your TCR entry is now guaranteed for this Friday's event. See you on the grid.

Last edited:

upload_2020-11-3_19-39-3.jpeg

As long as we are going over boundaries, what is the agreed upon safe word? Oh. Sorry. Wrong thread. :lol:

But really, how about after turn 4 where the cut through would be? Should drivers be keeping 2 wheels over the white line?

Thanks.

Last edited:
:lol:
View attachment 969372
As long as we are going over boundaries, what is the agreed upon safe word? Oh. Sorry. Wrong thread. :lol:

But really, how about after turn 4 where the cut through would be? Should drivers be keeping 2 wheels over the white line?

Thanks.
Correct, 2 wheels within the white line. With that said, as mentioned in regards to the chicane, oob violations will not be sought out upon replays reviews or broadcasts. It will be up to each driver to decide if an advantage was gained and report an instance. Any ir reported for oob and found to be an advantage is a 1 point penalty for each reported violation. If a driver lifts, or no noticeable advantage was seen, it may be excused.

Any room in this series for another driver?
As a matter of fact, yes, but in a Reserve driver capacity.
Primary drivers maintain grid priority as long as they confirm their attendance by the deadline of the Thursday before race night at 5pm est. Any reported absences or driver who do not confirm attendance are covered by our Reserve driver roster. Reserve priority is first based on event participated, and if tied among a few drivers, it then comes down to who confirmed 1st among those tied. Currently, the TCR class holds a pretty strong attendance and the 2 Reserve drivers have 3 events in place, so it would likely be difficult to find a spot on the grid other than rare situations. However, the GS Class has only 1 Reserve driver with 1 event under his belt, and the other is set to run his 1st event this Friday. I would suggest an entry in the Gs Class. In the event you could select your car, get your time trial to me before 5pm est Friday, and confirm available to race, there is an opening this Friday on the grid. The other thing is all 3 Gs Reserves would then be tied in participation after this event. From there, again, it would go to the first to confirm to set priority leaving plenty of opportunity to those wanting to race.

Available GS Class cars remaining to choose from are:
Ford Mustang Gr4
Honda NSX Gr4
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Let me know if you would like to move forward on signing up and what car you would like to run. I also have ready made liveries (shown in spoiler tab below) for these cars if you care to use one, or you may create your own, adhering to the series livery standards.
mustang reserve 2.jpg
PS_Messages_20200920_123230_2-2.jpg
PS_Messages_20201019_002001_2-1.jpg
Let me know, and I will send you a welcome pm with further details time trial instructions. Glad to have you interested in our series.:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey all,

Unfortunately I'm going to have to park it for tomorrow. I can do half an our at a time and then rest for half an hour. Considering how intense and close the racing is here my shoulder will fall off :P
Lol, fair enough. Get better and hope you are sorted out for the Porsches.;)
:cheers:

MPCC Spotter guide SVG Event 5.png

Event #5
at the Nurburgring GP
on
November 6th, 2020
at 9pm est
Pre-Race Briefing

Event #5 is a few hours away, and should afford plenty of great racing at a very technical track. This venue should present some favor to the lighter and more nimble cars while the heavy cars could struggle. A reminder to all drivers to be patient at Turn 1...it gets crowded quickly.

Track Boundary Clarifications:
2 spots on track:
Turn 4 exit, asphalt runout:
Drivers are to make every attempt to keep atbleast 2 wheels within the white line. Any drivers that witness oob violations that seem to create an advantage are asked to report for review.

Final Chicane:
Drivers are permitted to roll over the pylon and ride onto the green apron, so long as 2 wheels remain on the red/white curbing. Any drivers that witness oob violations that seem to create an advantage are asked to report for review.

Drivers are asked to please review or refresh themselves with the following tabs in the first post:

Tab 1.7 Start Procedure (especially GS drivers)
^^Disregard in split race rooms^^
Tab 4.2 Caution Process
**GS Drivers** Please be familiar with the start procedure for Multi-Class race start. Any questions, please ask.
For Reference:
Confirmation Reminder Post for Event #5

Tonight's grid:
GS Class (8 confirmed drivers, 1 tentative)
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@TEX36 / TEX36
@nmcp1 / nmcp1
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido
@GTR4MROD/GTR4MROD
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley -2nd Reserve
@Akzl298/Akzl298 1st Reserve, passed event priority(Tentative)

TCR Class (6 confirmed drivers, 1 tentative)
@Moby45 / Moby45
@stelephant / stelephant
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099
@JLBowler / JLBowler
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan
@Herimopp89/Herimopp89 (Tentative)
@Fudman420/Fudman420-1st Reserve

The Race Room and Party Chat will be open for entries and warm up around 8:50pm est. Please be in the room no later than 9:10pm est to have your entry verified.
15 minute Open Qualifying to start at 9:15pm est.

Good luck to everyone and see you all on the grid for the green flag:cheers:

Last edited:
Nova, please consider. . .
if a caution is granted before the two classes intermingle then I propose that you consider a gap between the two groups when under caution and at restart. With no gap between GS and TCR groups the caution creates an incredible challenge to all. As director, you could tell the lead GS driver how many seconds to gap behind last place TCR driver. For example if we’re just two laps in, then you could call for a 20 second gap. If we are 10 laps in, then you could put the gap to 5 seconds. This would give each class a chance to settle down before any class to class overtake occurs. The time gap is a target and doesn’t have to be perfect to work.
Thanks for your consideration, you’re doing a great job!

Last edited:
Nova, please consider. . .
if a caution is granted before the two classes intermingle then I propose that you consider a gap between the two groups when under caution and at restart. With no gap between GS and TCR groups the caution creates an incredible challenge to all. As director, you could tell the lead GS driver how many seconds to gap behind last place TCR driver. For example if we’re just two laps in, then you could call for a 20 second gap. If we are 10 laps in, then you could put the gap to 5 seconds. This would give each class a chance to settle down before any class to class overtake occurs. The time gap is a target and doesn’t have to be perfect to work.
Thanks for your consideration, you’re doing a great job!
Rob, very good point to bring forward as a I completely forgot about this from last event.

In the event a Caution is requested and granted, and the Classes are not yet mixed together, the leader of each class will bring their respective class to pace speed 70mph. The leader of the GS Class will be directed to maintain a gap close to that of when the Caution was called and may be asked by the race director to slow the GS Class if too close to the TCR to create an additional gap before the restart. All special directions will be made over the party chat.

This has been added to the Caution Instructions in the first post.

Thanks Rob.:cheers:

GS Class (8 confirmed drivers, 1 tentative)
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@TEX36 / TEX36
@nmcp1 / nmcp1
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido
@GTR4MROD/GTR4MROD
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley -2nd Reserve
@Akzl298/Akzl298 1st Reserve, passed event priority(Tentative)

TCR Class (6 confirmed drivers, 1 tentative)
@Moby45 / Moby45
@stelephant / stelephant
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099
@JLBowler / JLBowler
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan
@Herimopp89/Herimopp89 (Tentative)
@Fudman420/Fudman420-1st Reserve

Last edited:
Back