**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
You must be old because the track map has always been the same for me aside from adding sausage kerbs. Even in the 90's during the super touring days the track was this shape. I have only seen a couple of pictures of one of the older layouts.

By chance do you have any more? If I remember correctly it was pretty quick and scarey.
https://www.seemonterey.com/blog/post/a-look-into-the-history-of-mazda-raceway-laguna-seca/

upload_2020-4-18_15-43-33.jpeg

"I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific BOP regulations.
PSN ID: jlbowler
Car: VW Scirrocco Gr4
Number: 6, if available
Race Team:

"I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific BOP regulations.
PSN ID: jlbowler
Car: VW Scirrocco Gr4
Number: 6, if available
Race Team:
Welcome to the series. A pm has been sent to you regarding time trial information. Glad to have you with us.:cheers:

Seeing how I have less to work with now, I am wondering where our next track will be? I can not just show up and expect to be on the podium. It takes many, many, many, many, many, man, mam, ma, ma, m, m, , , , , laps (got it out) to understand the fine art of a fast lap.

Seeing how I have less to work with now, I am wondering where our next track will be? I can not just show up and expect to be on the podium. It takes many, many, many, many, many, man, mam, ma, ma, m, m, , , , , laps (got it out) to understand the fine art of a fast lap.
Funny you ask;). Just figured that out this morning. Drum Rollll:
Fuji Speedway (Short), 17:15 Clear. (Think I got the time right. Whatever time is 1700 something)
I posted a 1:42.2.

In previous GT games it was Fuji F and Fuji GT, GT being the one without the hairpin. It's much faster flowing but catches people out going wide all the time.

PSN ID:
canoworms1
Car: BMW M4 Gr 4
Number:
Race Team: (not required at sign up)"

NOTE:
As it seems that we have some changes to the tire wear, fuel consumption, and physics of the the Gr4 cars, there may be some more aggressive adjustments to driver specific BOP figures after the next 2 exhibition races. Luckily, since we are having a long lead in time for testing and shakedown, the overall physics changes should be able to be adapted to before we start the season. I will be doing some testing to see how far off the base times are to the original test numbers. Stay tuned.

I just watched the youtube video that tested the changes in slipstream 1.56 vs 1.57 updates. There is LESS effect gained from slipstream now. With that change, a long straight such as at Fuji, there will be an advantage to some cars on a track like Fuji. Not sure what my car will see, but I hope the BOP gets set accordingly with respect to this.

I don't see anything about a formula to set BOP in our series and wonder if the settings are planned to be adjusted after each race or set once and left alone for the season?

I just watched the youtube video that tested the changes in slipstream 1.56 vs 1.57 updates. There is LESS effect gained from slipstream now. With that change, a long straight such as at Fuji, there will be an advantage to some cars on a track like Fuji. Not sure what my car will see, but I hope the BOP gets set accordingly with respect to this.

I don't see anything about a formula to set BOP in our series and wonder if the settings are planned to be adjusted after each race or set once and left alone for the season?
Bops will be getting further adjustments after the next 2 exhibition races and should be pretty much set for the series. Some tracks will favor certain drivers and certain cars, but unless there are major deviations from driver to driver after an event, an adjustment would be made (more than 0.6 sec avg lap pace.) A track like Fuji, may favor a bigger hp car on the straights, but the Porsche kills in the corners. All equalizing will be based on a combination of fast lap and avg lap data from testing, and will rely mostly on lap times, not necessarily a cars strength or weakness.
Check out tab 2.3 in the first post to get an idea of how the leveling works. After alot of testing, it was figured out that every -1%hp/+1%wgt or +1%hp/-1%wgt helps or hurts a drivers lap time by 0.3-0.5 sec on each step. I gather data, and adjust as needed for each driver to equalize. The goal is to get all drivers within the same half second range for their respective classes based on the average pace of field.
The link below is progress so far.

Hope that clears it up.:cheers:

During races last night - it seemed to me that Grip has been reduced. Much less stability thru corners than I experienced in practice prior to the update.

During races last night - it seemed to me that Grip has been reduced. Much less stability thru corners than I experienced in practice prior to the update.
I felt like the front has more turn in bite, and the rear a little less feeling a bit less stable. I was able to match my times in the Lambo while practicing late last night which I'm hoping is consistent across the board. Also, the fact tuning is available in the series, some of that instability of the changes can be tuned out. After the lambo races tonight, I might be testing the Gr4 cars back at the Nurburgring GP to cross check times if anyone cares to join in.

Luckily with 2 Exhibition events yet to go and the fact raw lap times from each driver sets the bop's for the series, this change should not have that big of an impact on us, especially with tuning available.

Last edited:
Happy to help at the Nurb tonight. Anticipated time? I'll likely need BoP changes. Running consistent 41.8 at Fuji with fast laps of 41.4.

Happy to help at the Nurb tonight. Anticipated time? I'll likely need BoP changes. Running consistent 41.8 at Fuji with fast laps of 41.4.
If I do, it will be around 10:45-11ish est. I was at a 1:41.9-1:42.3 on avg. More there, but not much. Right now, you are already at a Level 1 handicap which is -1%hp/+1%wgt. Once we run the next Exhibition race, it will give an avg time range of the pace of field (majority of drivers within a half second lap times). Based on your time trial and your testing times at Laguna Seca your in line for now.

Last edited:
Back