**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
Unfortunately I’m missing again. I now have a movie night with my youngest daughter. Which, imho, is a better offer. ;)

I will be creating lobbies throughout the rest of the week for track time. My schedule is pretty open so could arrange several at specific times if that would be helpful to get a few folks on track together. I will post here when opening a lobby otherwise.

Unfortunately I’m missing again. I now have a movie night with my youngest daughter. Which, imho, is a better offer. ;)

I will be creating lobbies throughout the rest of the week for track time. My schedule is pretty open so could arrange several at specific times if that would be helpful to get a few folks on track together. I will post here when opening a lobby otherwise.

Will be looking for your lobbies.

After much debate with myself, I’ve decided to withdraw my entry for this series. You guys are gonna have a blast with this series. I look forward to watching live streams and post race videos from the series. :cheers:

After much debate with myself, I’ve decided to withdraw my entry for this series. You guys are gonna have a blast with this series. I look forward to watching live streams and post race videos from the series. :cheers:
Very sorry to hear your withdrawing, but completely understand. I have seen some of your posts showing your PC setup and your increased involvement in iRacing. Good luck to you and know that your welcome to join us at any time if there are openings on a grid. See you around sir, and take care.:cheers:

Very sorry to hear your withdrawing, but completely understand. I have seen some of your posts showing your PC setup and your increased involvement in iRacing. Good luck to you and know that your welcome to join us at any time if there are openings on a grid. See you around sir, and take care.:cheers:
Thanks. That’s part of the reason why I’m less active on gtsport, my rig is getting more refined for iracing, setting up 3 screens on it this week, so it will be more difficult with the way I’m doing it to run PS4 on it. If you ever get anything going on iracing hit me up. :cheers:

@Noob01_lmdead, @DesertPenguin, @Roman_GT23, @CANOWORMS1

With CPT_ROWDYGIFF withdrawing his entry for this series, a primary grid spot is open to the Reserve driver group.

Since @Noob01_lmdead/ Rauljimenez76 has had the most participation so far within the testing phase of the series, he is being offered the open primary GS grid spot with this post. If he chooses to remain a Reserve driver, it will continue to be offered based on participation and date of signup. Raul, let me know.👍

Thanks. That’s part of the reason why I’m less active on gtsport, my rig is getting more refined for iracing, setting up 3 screens on it this week, so it will be more difficult with the way I’m doing it to run PS4 on it. If you ever get anything going on iracing hit me up. :cheers:
If I had the additional seat time to spare and a PC that supported it, I would be in on it as well. Drop some pics of your final setup, and keep us all posted on your progress and some of your highlights.

I would love to try iracing again after have not playing it in several years but like Nova said, no rig or seat time to really enjoy it. Only thing I am able to play on is the PS4 and whatever leagues/time slots I can manage since my son plays hockey and during the off season we try to stay busy.

Also, I have added a teaser picture of another expensive endeavor that my sister and I are taking part in for hopefully many years.

Attachments

• received_1767835820184468.jpeg
    received_1767835820184468.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 15
  • received_473540323227131.jpeg
    received_473540323227131.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 15
Ye
@Noob01_lmdead, @DesertPenguin, @Roman_GT23, @CANOWORMS1

With CPT_ROWDYGIFF withdrawing his entry for this series, a primary grid spot is open to the Reserve driver group.

Since @Noob01_lmdead/ Rauljimenez76 has had the most participation so far within the testing phase of the series, he is being offered the open primary GS grid spot with this post. If he chooses to remain a Reserve driver, it will continue to be offered based on participation and date of signup. Raul, let me know.👍
yes i accept

If I had the additional seat time to spare and a PC that supported it, I would be in on it as well. Drop some pics of your final setup, and keep us all posted on your progress and some of your highlights.
I see iRacing in my future. (But I’ve been thinking that for many years). My PC, once high-end (circa 2010) needs a new GPU. I’ll be going for high end card capable of VR1440p [at greater than] 90Hz. Don’t know that I’ll give up GT, mostly due to network of guys and I loves my street cars. Maybe more guys will move over to iRacing.

I see iRacing in my future. (But I’ve been thinking that for many years). My PC, once high-end (circa 2010) needs a new GPU. I’ll be going for high end card capable of VR1440p [at greater than] 90Hz. Don’t know that I’ll give up GT, mostly due to network of guys and I loves my street cars. Maybe more guys will move over to iRacing.

what is the difference, why is better i racing from your perspective?

Even if I could source a cheap compatible pc,
my issues with iracing are:
- actual seat time available to race vs cost to play.
-total cost of all accessible content (on top of a $110 subscription per year of included membership content) is around $1400.00. If you want to host your own league its $0.50/hr charged to the host.
https://www.iracing.com/what-comes-with-membership/
-the amount of time that would likely be required on car setup and practice just to be competitive is way more than I can get into.

I may evolve into iracing down the road when the kids are older and I have more time and can justify the cost. For now though, I'll stick with the lower cost of entry with the consoles and the built in network of friends that have been established over the years. Also, gtsport's "jump in and race" style works perfectly for me at this time.

One day I'll dive into iracing, just not yet.

Last edited:
I was an early beta tester for iracing back in 08? and played it for awhile until I went on one of many long breaks from simracing.

The driving physics are top notch from what I remember. And theres a reason Earnhardt Jr. was using iracing even when he was an active NASCAR driver, before it became so mainstream today. The collision physics definitely need some work though. Very unrealistic in that regard.

iracing will be a huge downgrade from the beautiful graphics we have in Sport. It seems they've sacrificed graphics for the sake of realism, where in Sport it seems to be more well-rounded.

I cant believe the cost (well, I can) associated with it. For that amount of scratch you might as well do the real thing.

iracing seems to be geared towards the real gearheads that want the best simracing experience money can buy. While I'm all for that, I'm happy to stick with Gran Turismo even if it's a little more "arcade"ish in comparison.

A PC title that I used to play even with a mouse and keyboard that doesnt get enough love is Live For Speed. It's almost 20 years old and its physics are still top notch. And it was just an overall fun game.

I was an early beta tester for iracing back in 08? and played it for awhile until I went on one of many long breaks from simracing.

The driving physics are top notch from what I remember. And theres a reason Earnhardt Jr. was using iracing even when he was an active NASCAR driver, before it became so mainstream today. The collision physics definitely need some work though. Very unrealistic in that regard.

iracing will be a huge downgrade from the beautiful graphics we have in Sport. It seems they've sacrificed graphics for the sake of realism, where in Sport it seems to be more well-rounded.

I cant believe the cost (well, I can) associated with it. For that amount of scratch you might as well do the real thing.

iracing seems to be geared towards the real gearheads that want the best simracing experience money can buy. While I'm all for that, I'm happy to stick with Gran Turismo even if it's a little more "arcade"ish in comparison.

A PC title that I used to play even with a mouse and keyboard that doesnt get enough love is Live For Speed. It's almost 20 years old and its physics are still top notch. And it was just an overall fun game.

All points I agree with. THe money to truely enjoy the real iracing experience can get you on the track most weekends BUT real car maintenance cost is where iracing wins the cost battle. At least that is the going argument for iracing. I still see the cost of seat time vs. cost as my issue with it. Since I am trying to do stage rally cost vs. seat time can almost be the same as I would get on iracing as you only get seat time in a rally car on rally stages. I would rather do the real thing than pay monthly payments and never play. Plus buy a rig just for playing iracing.

I understand the draw to iracing. It makes perfect sense but to me wasting time and money doing to real thing is still what I would rather do. Even if it is only once or twice a year I get to do it. The rest of the time I can play GTS for free.

Live For Speed!!!! I absolutely love that game. I have not played it in years. I used to play it all the time back when there was only 1 track. Then upgraded to S2 license and got their game editor along with it. Such a great game, the physics were probably some of the best out there especially for being done by only a few people independently. I still have a ton of my old racing skins on my hard drive for that game and the skin.viewer GUI. I am glad somebody else out there remembers LFS. SAM, I knew there was a reason I liked you. You remember all the cool stuff. hahaha

Back