**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
@GTP_Guido I expect greatness tonight because I'm about to set the BMW on fire! :cheers: #sbinalla
Afterburner fire, or car fire???JK;)
On a serious note, get used to having GTP_Guido as your teammate.
Duce_LST had to retire from the series due to a new job and change in schedule.
@GTP_Guido has accepted and now has been moved up into the primary driver roster for the season. I took the liberty to replace the team name with "BimmerWorld" which is the real world team name for his car since yours was not marked. If you guys would like to create your own team name and decal for your cars, feel free. Congratulations, and good luck to both of you in tonight's races:cheers:

Afterburner fire, or car fire???JK;)
On a serious note, get used to having GTP_Guido as your teammate.
Duce_LST had to retire from the series due to a new job and change in schedule.
@GTP_Guido has accepted and now has been moved up into the primary driver roster for the season. I took the liberty to replace the team name with "BimmerWorld" which is the real world team name for his car since yours was not marked. If you guys would like to create your own team name and decal for your cars, feel free. Congratulations, and good luck to both of you in tonight's races:cheers:

Depends on your perspective......afterburners would be nice (for more speed) but I was thinking of car fire because this car is junk on hards (I should have thought this through) 🤬

@llNovall hey man sorry for last minute but I just found out last minute also.

There is a good chance I wont make the event tonight due to a last minute install for work. So don't wait up for me if I am bot there on time. If by chance I get home for the 2nd race I will join in.

GS race room is open:
ID: 0475 4291 8655 3673 0180

Party chat open as well.

Good luck everyone.:cheers:

656623F6-12C4-4271-A518-8D0B5D9CEB35.jpeg
GS race room is open:
ID: 0475 4291 8655 3673 0180

Party chat open as well.

Good luck everyone.:cheers:
I dont see the Room but i see this:
A brazilian guy instead of your room.....

Thanks for having me guys. I have somewhere I need to be so had to skip the 2nd race due to the delayed start. That one was tough. 11/10 every lap and still losing time to the leader is not something I am used to. :lol: Won't be able to make the next round, I will be out of state on vacation. I'll have to have a debate with myself on if I want to continue. Running on different tires is great in theory for equalizing pace, but I think there are more disadvantages with that than advantages. Braking zones are longer, tighter low speed corners you lose a lot of time in, chicanes are just down right no bueno. :P And you get eaten alive on the standing starts. I kept purpleing the first two sectors but would lose it all and then some in the last sector, especially at the chicane. I'd say near impossible to make any passes unless the car in front makes a mistake. Zero chance I was running a 52.3 on my own, car just doesn't have that kind of pace in it. And I felt like the tune was pretty good. It's great for comfortable low 53's but then it's still a whole second off the pace.

Either way, mostly enjoyed my time. You guys have fun. ;)

Thanks for having me guys. I have somewhere I need to be so had to skip the 2nd race due to the delayed start. That one was tough. 11/10 every lap and still losing time to the leader is not something I am used to. :lol: Won't be able to make the next round, I will be out of state on vacation. I'll have to have a debate with myself on if I want to continue. Running on different tires is great in theory for equalizing pace, but I think there are more disadvantages with that than advantages. Braking zones are longer, tighter low speed corners you lose a lot of time in, chicanes are just down right no bueno. :P And you get eaten alive on the standing starts. I kept purpleing the first two sectors but would lose it all and then some in the last sector, especially at the chicane. I'd say near impossible to make any passes unless the car in front makes a mistake. Zero chance I was running a 52.3 on my own, car just doesn't have that kind of pace in it. And I felt like the tune was pretty good. It's great for comfortable low 53's but then it's still a whole second off the pace.

I was on you for quite some time. Brushed your bumper several times in the really slow sections. Hope that didn’t get to you. I eventually passed you and I thought that I was ahead by a fair margin but late in the race, you found the DRS or something, passed me back and proceeded to check out (that means 2.5 seconds in this competitive group). Too bad you couldn’t race in the second race.
@Noob01_lmdead man, so sorry that you didn’t get to race. That really bummed me out. There’s got to be an answer. Just not sure how to find it.

View attachment 957170
I dont see the Room but i see this:
A brazilian guy instead of your room.....
Raul,
So sorry issues came up again tonight. That room must have been the old one, and the new just wasn't showing for you. Odd that we didn't have too many issues early on in testing...could've been psn related..at this point who knows.
I think moving forward, I will go back to setting the grid manually after qualifying and starting the race rather than the way we did tonight. Have not had issues going that route. Hopefully we can get it sorted.

Turbo, great race tonight...impressive overcoming those race hard tires...I know its not easy as I run on them in the Porsche Series. Certainly puts you at a disadvantage in every aspect....however, that is by series design. The idea is to force long standing, multi car battles in very close quarters. We already know who the fastest guys are on the level playing field. This is designed to present a challenge to every skill level of driver...from aliens to mere mortals, and to facilitate a battle anywhere in the field. I hope you do decide to come back for more. I'll have you marked down absent for the next one, and will be sure to tag you down the road. Take care, and great racing.:cheers:

Raul,
So sorry issues came up again tonight. That room must have been the old one, and the new just wasn't showing for you. Odd that we didn't have too many issues early on in testing...could've been psn related..at this point who knows.
I think moving forward, I will go back to setting the grid manually after qualifying and starting the race rather than the way we did tonight. Have not had issues going that route. Hopefully we can get it sorted.
Well hope this can be solved by gto
Seems that im in an other área, soithamerica servers and i cant join easyly to northamerica lobbies
Too bad
Will keep trying

I was on you for quite some time. Brushed your bumper several times in the really slow sections. Hope that didn’t get to you. I eventually passed you and I thought that I was ahead by a fair margin but late in the race, you found the DRS or something, passed me back and proceeded to check out (that means 2.5 seconds in this competitive group). Too bad you couldn’t race in the second race.
@Noob01_lmdead man, so sorry that you didn’t get to race. That really bummed me out. There’s got to be an answer. Just not sure how to find it.
I thought you had just pushed too hard to catch me and wore your tires out. I don't believe my pace changed at all. Was hoping for that honestly, I thought one of my advantages on hards would be longer life and better overall grip at the end but it didn't really work out that way.

Turbo, great race tonight...impressive overcoming those race hard tires...I know its not easy as I run on them in the Porsche Series. Certainly puts you at a disadvantage in every aspect....however, that is by series design. The idea is to force long standing, multi car battles in very close quarters. We already know who the fastest guys are on the level playing field. This is designed to present a challenge to every skill level of driver...from aliens to mere mortals, and to facilitate a battle anywhere in the field. I hope you do decide to come back for more. I'll have you marked down absent for the next one, and will be sure to tag you down the road. Take care, and great racing.:cheers:
It's tough doing 11/10 for 40 minutes, not really a fan to be honest. I was spent at the end lol. I'd much prefer being on the same tires but be slowed through power/weight adjustments. Oh well, is what it is.

It's tough doing 11/10 for 40 minutes, not really a fan to be honest. I was spent at the end lol. I'd much prefer being on the same tires but be slowed through power/weight adjustments. Oh well, is what it is.
Lol, that was exactly the goal of the series....to present the biggest challenges to the fastest drivers, pushing all of us a bit past our comfort zones while having to restrain ourselves enough to be consistent and avoid mistakes. Tough balance to achieve. Put this in perspective: if on same tires, even with a -2%hp/+2%wgt handicap, you would immediately be 0.3-0.5 sec faster in avg pace in every aspect resulting in what you would experience in every other series...a runaway in the races. @Roman_GT23 and @LST saw this during testing; even with the 2% handicap, they still managed to run away from the field in both races. On the race hards, maintaining your hp/wgt at base, it hits your time potential by around 1.2-1.5 sec and challenges your higher skill level in every respect to be successful (accel, braking, cornering) while remaining competitive. If we went to a -3 to 5%hp/+3-5% wgt handicap, that would equate to a drop of around 12-20hp and add around 100-140lbs. You aliens could probably overcome this deficit in the corners,, but would get murdered on the straights. (Just ask the Level 1 and 2 handicap guys). This is why I decided to use Race Hards for Level 3-5 handicaps: maintain enough power to hold down or get some reprieve on the straightaways while handicapping you across the board enough to be challenged. Briefly looking at the times, you were right in the mix of being competitive while being presented a challenge, and rather than just getting the usual battle for 1st place, every single position on the grid was a battle in and of itself with defensive racing being just as important as attacking. In my mind the series succeeded in its intent.

Last edited:
Absolutely right nova. I know before going in last night I felt like I was off the pace. Best was at 1:53.4. But somehow I pulled off the 2 best laps I ever did in qualifying 1:52.6 and then by end of race two, I pulled off of 1;52,.0! It’s not like I didn’t put in a bunch of laps practicing either because I did. There’s something about the competition that makes you dig really deep

See the hard tires in the tcr class tend to help me put in the long run. I can legit throw the car in corners and just mash the gas and not worry about tire wear. With the mediums you have to be carefull towards the end of the races. Braking points in the tcr class are legit about the same.

Next time @Phlano099 I'm not saying anything about tires lmao

See the hard tires in the tcr class tend to help me put in the long run. I can legit throw the car in corners and just mash the gas and not worry about tire wear. With the mediums you have to be carefull towards the end of the races. Braking points in the tcr class are legit about the same.

Next time @Phlano099 I'm not saying anything about tires lmao

I am kind of thinking about maybe moving to hard tires hahaha

Back