**COMPLETED ** SNAIL-GReddy Z "No ABS" Drivers Challenge Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 564 comments
We were warned recently about controlled power outages. If I am not there come race time that is probably why

We were warned recently about controlled power outages. If I am not there come race time that is probably why

Same case here. Even right now in the evening, everywhere around me is caked in Snow so I may end up in the same boat.

Last edited:
GReddy Z Spotter guide main png-2.png

Pre Race Briefing
Event #2
February 15th
at Laguna Seca

Below is our grid for tonight along with the grid order list and updated driver bop's in the tab below.

Race room will be opened at 8:30pm est, and all drivers are asked to be greened up by 8:50pm est for bop checks, and to set the starting grid. @Rob Brown/no1needs2perish is your Race Director/Host. Good luck to everyone, and have a great race night.
👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers Roster
👍 @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
(X) @racingchamp30 / RacingChamp30
👍 @TEX36 / TEX-36
👍 @Moby45 / Moby45
👍 @Phlano099 / Phlano_099
👍 @SydViscus / Sydviscus
👍 @DublDee / DUB-L-DEE
👍 @Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig
👍 @Noob01_lmdead / Rauljimenez76
👍 @The Afterman / Valkyria61
(X) @AngryEater / AngryEater
(X) @SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85
👍 @RACECAR /GTP_RACECAR
👍 @CourageRising /CreAtlveManlAc
👍 @GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD
👍 @Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23

Reserve Drivers
(no specific order. Priority based on date/confirmed available for upcoming event
(x) @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (3rd)
@GTP_Guido / TPC_Guido
👍 @Marcus Garvey / Marcus__Garvey (2nd R)
👍 @Xradkins / Xrad-11 (1st R)
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden

@Moby45 and @RACECAR , your posts were noted regarding outages. Hope you can make it.

@IceWarden or @GTP_Guido if either of you want to race, a spot is open.
Screenshot_20210215-184407_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210215-182929_Sheets.jpg

Last edited:
I probably won’t be able to make it. If I can, and show up and the spot is still open then great. Otherwise I won’t be disappointed if it’s filled.

Not exactly a night to write home about. Sure the qualifying race was decent (Nice battle with @The Afterman), but I started experiencing an issue with the throttle where it would just randomly sound like it was cutting out (Even with my foot flat to the floor). First race it developed around 8 laps in, but it started to be even more present in the 2nd one.

Good chance that unless I can get this problem solved, it might be curtains for ANY racing for the time being.

Last edited:
Not exactly a night to write home about. Sure the qualifying race was decent (Nice battle with @The Afterman), but I started experiencing an issue with the throttle where it would just randomly sound like it was cutting out (Even with my foot flat to the floor). First race it developed around 8 laps in, but it started to be even more present in the 2nd one.

Good chance that unless I can get this problem solved, it might be curtains for ANY racing for the time being.
What wheel and pedal do you have?

Last edited:
Post Race Report and Scoring will be out later in the week. 2 incidents are currently on file and being reviewed.

If any drivers feel an incident was questionable and would like to have it looked at and reviewed, please pm myself and Rob Brown as follows:
Race #
Lap #
Time
Brief description of incident in question.
Also, please set the pm setting at the bottom to allow anyone to invite others. Looked like some intense racing. Deadline to file an incident report is Wednesday, 8pm est.

7358913747897844240_0.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #2
February 15th
at Laguna Seca

While I wasn't on the grid to race, I did have a chance to view the replays and it certainly looked to be some intense racing and long battles all over the grid. Most notable were @Roman_GT23 and @Moby45 who seemed like they could not escape racing each other. Great job fellas. @Marcus Garvey was having a dominating race night and on track for an overall win on the night before an incident late in Points Race 2 took him out of contention. Since I wasn't on track, I'm not going to elaborate further, and will leave that to those who raced Monday.

2 incidents were filed and drivers have until Wednesday 5pm est if any other reviews are needed.

Preliminary Scoring for Event #2
Screenshot_20210216-191620_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210216-191508_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210216-191746_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210216-191840_Sheets.jpg

7358913747897844240_0.jpg
6918162425996903432_0.jpg
8358708467730482704_0.jpg
Replays can be found at search tag:
snailfuguz

Congratulations @Roman_GT23 on the overall win for Event #2.:cheers:

Next event:
Event #3
Monday, March 1st, 2021
Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Conditions: TBD

Event Details will be out this weekend. Great racing to all drivers who attended.:cheers:

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Logitech G29, standard pedals.

i found after following all the videos that the potentiometer start moving inside the support with time
what happens is that you need to push only 80 porcent of the distance to have the 100 porcent of the throttle, if you push more than that as u are use to do, then you go beyond potentiometer maximum and the blink starts

so after a lot of assembling and disassembling the deam pedals o ended doing a window in order to manually reset the correct position of the potentiometer that moves 1 or 2 millimeters but that is enough to cause the blinking

not sure if this is your case but try to move the potentiometer
If is loose then is exactly what it happened to me

@Moby45 I think you shoud win the Nova award of excellence for w2w combat. You had me sweating the first race. Then I made a mistake and you got by and I thought it was over with the extra weight I was carrying. Then we had a proper battle and I won't lie it was all a blur and I forgot how I got by you lol. Then same thing in the second race I was trying to keep you and marcus behind. Then I just locked up the brakes on the last corner and you two got by. Again thought it was game over but then you got held up at the kink and I was able to get by again. Great but of driving.

@Moby45 I think you shoud win the Nova award of excellence for w2w combat. You had me sweating the first race. Then I made a mistake and you got by and I thought it was over with the extra weight I was carrying. Then we had a proper battle and I won't lie it was all a blur and I forgot how I got by you lol. Then same thing in the second race I was trying to keep you and marcus behind. Then I just locked up the brakes on the last corner and you two got by. Again thought it was game over but then you got held up at the kink and I was able to get by again. Great but of driving.

There is a reason why @llNovall and I are teammates in his multi class league. Lol Like Nova, I am great at chasing other drivers down.

The battle both races were great. I just kept it clean and tidy on my race line trying not to slip too much so I could keep you in striking distance. It was hard to hold back a few times but I knew if I didn't it was going to slide me wide and I would never see you again lol.

Well considering I'm going to have a +140 lb handicap to the normal people (and compared to Tex I'm going to be riding around with a cow tied to the roof) I don't think I'll be going anywhere the next few races lolol
Roman will be towing a grand piano on acceleration and on braking, (Godfather voice) forget about it.

Update on the situation: Sadly it still happens but I noticed two interesting things:

- It only happens with GT Sport. Doesn't happen with the F1 games, doesn't happen in either Project cars games or in Dirt Rally 2.0

- It happens the worst at Laguna Seca regardless of the car. Tried at other tracks and it seems like this particular track is the worst offender.

While the pedals are certainly the cleanest they've been since I've first got them, seems that cleaning them hasn't done much to fix it.

Last edited:
Update on the situation: Sadly it still happens but I noticed two interesting things:

- It only happens with GT Sport. Doesn't happen with the F1 games, doesn't happen in either Project cars games or in Dirt Rally 2.0

- It happens the worst at Laguna Seca regardless of the car. Tried at other tracks and it seems like this particular track is the worst offender.

While the pedals are certainly the cleanest they've been since I've first got them, seems that cleaning them hasn't done much to fix it.
You can always try bumping the gearing 1 tooth...taje note of where its at currently.. then remove the throttle pedal, and when reassembling, bump it one tooth to the point where the gear stop arm is being pressured to the base while pedal is released and assemble. Looking at mine,, i believe from factory, the bottom pedal tooth is on the second tooth of the potentiometer gear.. move it to the first if its not there already.. I had this same issue in the past, adjusted mine like this and have had zero issues since. It basically puts a light spring pressure on the gear to gently force zero input and removes any gear slop or gear deadzone. Only other option is new gears or possibly a potentiometer if that doesn't fix it.
20210219_015703.jpg

Last edited:

Should give you guys a better idea of what I had to deal with, Race 2 being the worst.

Finally had a chance to look at this. Your issue is the other direction. Mine was a small input when the pedal was not depressed. Yours look like it could be more in line with what Raul was experiencing. I'm see as you have the throttle to the floor, its spiking and loosing input.

These guys seemed to have same issue.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-g25-g27-pedal-pontentiometers.247510/

Did you take the potentiometer apart or just clean the housing and gears?

Finally had a chance to look at this. Your issue is the other direction. Mine was a small input when the pedal was not depressed. Yours look like it could be more in line with what Raul was experiencing. I'm see as you have the throttle to the floor, its spiking and loosing input.

These guys seemed to have same issue.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-g25-g27-pedal-pontentiometers.247510/

Did you take the potentiometer apart or just clean the housing and gears?

I didn't take the potentiometer apart, just took off the cover and sprayed. Guess I should do that instead.

The easiest way is to take the pedal cover plate off with the allen screws, then flip the pedalset over and pull all the screws on the bottom(there are a couple hiding underneath the carpet grabber thing) and the bottom plate will come off, leaving you looking at the underside of the pedal assemblies. From there it is easy to pull the pedals individually, disconnect the harness and ground wire, and then clean the pots from there. I wouldn't be too aggressive with the pots, or try to take it apart further than that unless you have to. They can be delicate as the cap is just crimped over the board, so they can get loose and move around, but this will give you the opportunity to inspect them better and see if they've got dust and particles or if the pot itself is loose or beginning to go. Quick Dry electrical cleaner(leaves no residue) and canned air/keyboard cleaner works fairly well.

This does sound like it could be a loose pot rather than just dirty, and this will also give you the opportunity to assess whether skipping a tooth on the gear or replacement of the pot may be necessary. Unfortunately, at some point or another wheel hardware becomes a wear item.

Edit: The baseplate screws(the ones you pull while the pedals are upside down) are different sizes for the chrome vs black screws. One is larger than the other, so be careful not to strip them. IIRC the chrome screws are the smaller driver.

Last edited:
You can always try bumping the gearing 1 tooth...taje note of where its at currently.. then remove the throttle pedal, and when reassembling, bump it one tooth to the point where the gear stop arm is being pressured to the base while pedal is released and assemble. Looking at mine,, i believe from factory, the bottom pedal tooth is on the second tooth of the potentiometer gear.. move it to the first if its not there already.. I had this same issue in the past, adjusted mine like this and have had zero issues since. It basically puts a light spring pressure on the gear to gently force zero input and removes any gear slop or gear deadzone. Only other option is new gears or possibly a potentiometer if that doesn't fix it.
View attachment 992620

I had forgotten that I did that also,
Jumo one gear up, fixed problem for a while until i discovered the real problem is the slightly movement of the potentiometer

i have a lot of ideas that Logitech may implement to offer a better quality

Back