SNAIL Holiday Event

Well guys we can go original with cat and mouse, or I can pull together the snail challenge.

We could even go something new!! I can also help put something together. As well. What ideas do we have here?

I also am a fan of the relay race.

Roller Derby, something we tested in ARL last night. Hilariously fun and funny.
For a Snail Holiday event I could see 4 teams of 8 (32 drivers) and starting with two lobbies.
8 drivers per team, 1 "jammer" and 7 "blockers".
Team colors Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, or whatever.
Best of 5 "series' in each lobby. Red vs Green (lobby A) Blue vs Yellow (lobby B).
The two winning teams then compete for the overall Snail Roller Derby crown in a final best of 5 series.
-The teams would begin with a rolling start, blockers up front, jammers in back. Run a predetermined amount of laps, first "jammer" over the start/finish line on the last lap wins for their team.
-The two winning teams combine to one lobby for the final.
Tracks:
BB Raceway
Blue Moon Bay
Northern Isle
Autodrome Lago Maggiore Center
Suzuka Circuit East
Cars: (We ran stock last night, but HP could have been tweaked).
Jammers - Something fast. last night we tested with the Alfa Romeo 4C GR4
Blockers - Something big and heavy. Last night we tested with the Bugatti Veyron GR4.

Laps, HP, etc. to be determined. Just spitballing...

For a Snail Holiday event I could see 4 teams of 8 (32 drivers) and starting with two lobbies.
Best of 5 "series' in each lobby. Red vs Green (lobby A) Blue vs Yellow (lobby B).
The two winning teams then compete for the overall Snail Roller Derby crown in a final best of 5 series.
-The teams would begin with a rolling start, blockers up front, jammers in back. Run a predetermined amount of laps, first "jammer" over the start/finish line on the last lap wins for their team.
Tracks:
BB Raceway
Blue Moon Bay
Northern Isle
Suzuka Circuit East
Blockers - Something big and heavy. Last night we tested with the Bugatti Veyron GR4.

That’s a good idea.

Tracks:
BB Raceway
Blue Moon Bay
Northern Isle
Suzuka Circuit East

Kinda like this. In that post cats are blockers and mice are jammers.

Edited Wednesday 11:30 CST
All right fellas, I'll be the first second to pitch a Memorial Sunday event. May 26 will roll around and half of SNAIL will be looking to race. Give me an idea if you are interested by 'liking' this post. If you are not interested, please like the post 2 down the page [to give me an idea of the percentage in favor].

We would head to Deutschland, specifically Rhineland at Nürburgring Nordschleife (north loop).

- time as usual Sunday night, 9 EST room opens with hot lapping allowed, 9:30 EST qualifier
- 10 cars have been preselected that could end up being used, BUY ALL of them, (these cars are street cars, total 477,000 credits if you didn't have any)
- D2 & D3 drivers on spec tires, D1 on -1 from spec tires, D4 on +1, D5 on +2 from spec tires
- boost: weak
- tire wear: off
- damage: off
- all other room settings as SNAIL rules

- first race on Nurb 24 hr circuit, 2 laps BUT qualify on Nurb GP circuit
- second race on Nordschleife, 2 laps, Reverse grid, the car will be chosen randomly by previous race's thousandths digit on finish time, lowest 10 finishers are eligible
- third race on Nordschleife, 2 laps, Reverse grid, car chosen same as above
- five minutes for guy to select car
- five minutes for all to get proper tires and a few turns to get idea of car's handling
- overall weiner gets a warm fuzzy feeling
- I'll add more if I omitted something (and there is enough interest)
12_0721_nurburg.jpg

Last edited:
Tracks:
BB Raceway
Blue Moon Bay
Northern Isle
Suzuka Circuit East

So this is like Cat & Mouse but with a faster mouse? Not dismissing it, just wondering. Could be fun to have a faster mouse :)

Edit: it's happening
Hmmm. [your name here] have read the post 2 above but my sock drawer is a mess and I've selected May 26 at 9:30 PM EST to rearrange it (or I’m hoping something better comes up).

Last edited:
All right fellas, I'll be the first to pitch a Memorial Sunday event. May 26 will roll around and 1/2 of SNAIL will be looking to race. Give me an idea if you are interested by 'liking' this post. If you are not interested, please like the next-next post (thanks Nick) [to give me an idea how many actually saw this].

We would head to Deutschland, specifically Rhineland at Nürburgring Nordschleife (north loop).

-time as usual Sunday night, 9 EST room opens with hot lapping allowed, 9:30 EST qualifier
-cars with Sport Soft or less by SNAIL tire rules, (I will select the first car)
-D2 & D3 drivers on spec tires, D1 on -1 from spec tires, D4 & D5 on +1 from spec tires
-boost: weak
-all other room settings as SNAIL rules

-first race on Nurb 24 hr circuit, 2 laps BUT qualify on Nurb GP circuit (like normal Sunday night)
-second race on Nordschleife, 2 laps, Reverse grid, car chosen by previous race's 6th place finisher
-third race on Nordschleife, 2 laps, Reverse grid, car chosen by previous race's 6th place finisher
-five minutes for 6th place guy to select car
-five minutes for all to get proper tires and a few turns to get idea of car's handling
-overall finisher gets a warm fuzzy feeling
-I'll add more if I omitted something (and there is enough interest)
12_0721_nurburg.jpg
I support every event where we get to drive this awesome track.

So this is like Cat & Mouse but with a faster mouse? Not dismissing it, just wondering. Could be fun to have a faster mouse :)
I reckon it is just with larger teams I believe, using the same cars at all tracks, not switching around like C&M. I honestly was not trying to “rip off” any idea. Just a little different twist.

I reckon it is just with larger teams I believe, using the same cars at all tracks, not switching around like C&M. I honestly was not trying to “rip off” any idea. Just a little different twist.
I’ll help out your idea now.

Last edited:
“King of the N Class Clash”
3 events (6 races) using N Class cars 200/300/400. (Or any 3 N classes really)
This is as far as I have gotten.
Would have to use BOP? Allow only certain cars up to certain HP per class?
Throw out Snail specific tires and use SS or RSS tires only?
Qualify or start by overall 2019 points?
Reverse grids based on previous race or previous results?
????? Could be fun?

I thought I had my son this year for the holiday but my parenting plan says it's his moms year so I liked the appropriate post and I'd be down for whatever event is planned.

All right fellas, I'll be the first second to pitch a Memorial Sunday event. May 26 will roll around and half of SNAIL will be looking to race. Give me an idea if you are interested by 'liking' this post. If you are not interested, please like the post 2 down the page [to give me an idea of the percentage in favor].

-time as usual Sunday night, 9 EST room opens with hot lapping allowed, 9:30 EST qualifier
-cars with Sport Soft or less by SNAIL tire rules, (I will select the first car)
-D2 & D3 drivers on spec tires, D1 on -1 from spec tires, D4 & D5 on +1 from spec tires
-boost: weak
-all other room settings as SNAIL rules

-first race on Nurb 24 hr circuit, 2 laps BUT qualify on Nurb GP circuit
-second race on Nordschleife, 2 laps, Reverse grid, car chosen by previous race's 6th place finisher
-third race on Nordschleife, 2 laps, Reverse grid, car chosen by previous race's 6th place finisher
-five minutes for 6th place guy to select car
-five minutes for all to get proper tires and a few turns to get idea of car's handling
-overall weiner gets a warm fuzzy feeling
-I'll add more if I omitted something (and there is enough interest)
12_0721_nurburg.jpg

@Rob Brown since you are now on the BOD what should we do? I think a Nürburgring ring run sounds like fun.

Rob is a Steward.

Be Bold and tell us this is what we want. In the end we don't care as long as there are a format and rules to follow. Let's get the show on the road. I will help as much as I can - just ask. There are others that expressed the willingness to help. We are all waiting for instructions.

Rob is a Steward.

Be Bold and tell us this is what we want. In the end we don't care as long as there are a format and rules to follow. Let's get show on the road. I will help as much as I can - just ask. There are others that expressed the willingness to help. We are all waiting for instructions.
Brain fart that’s what I meant.

@Rob Brown since you are now A steward what should we do? I think a Nürburgring ring run sounds like fun.

Rob is a Steward. Be Bold and tell us this is what we want. In the end we don't care as long as there are a format and rules to follow. Let's get the show on the road. I will help as much as I can - just ask. There are others that expressed the willingness to help. We are all waiting for instructions.

OK guys, I will put it in high gear. I will do a PM and fill you in where I may need some help. Als team sind wir stark.

Back