SNAIL Invitational - Next Event: On Hold till Further Notice

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 615 comments
Great racing. Thanks for everyone who raced this night and @Rednose58 for putting this event on. :cheers:

I agree completely, good racing by everyone...and Thank you @Rednose58 for hosting the race and setting everything up.

Will have replays uploaded later today along with finish photos for you.

I must say is seemed weird that Chris wasn't there, still a great time, just different vibe for me.

Finish photos

7205830874283114504_0.jpg

8367762876677489664_0.jpg

8367762876679586824_0.jpg

Yeah, I think I did texting. Improved race one by a solid 1.5 seconds from my first ever race in SNAIL, wow! Jokes aside, thanks for hosting the invitational and putting this post together!

Please note that I am not available to host and steward this event. We need one or two volunteers to do that. It's not difficult, but I will have to do a quick training session to operate the sheet so that the grid can be set correctly. If we can't get anybody, then we will have to cancel the event.

sir-logo-jpg.733657

The August 2019 Invitational is here:
Friday, September 13, 2019 at 9:30 PM Eastern Time
Rules and regulations: Here

REGISTRATION FORM

CURRENT DRIVER STATUS

Congrats to this season's top performers! Welcome to the Snail Invitational Race. Registration is now open. All SNAILs listed below are eligible to register. The top 14 drivers who register before the deadline are given priority on race night. Please click on the link to the REGISTRATION FORM to indicate your availability. You have to click on the "Yes" (Confirm) or the "No" (Cancel) option. If your situation changes you can come back and enter the change. The form closes at noon on Friday, September 13, 2019.

Wildcard/reserve drivers still have to register. You will be added to the list if some of the first 14 drivers can not make it. You can come back from time to time and click on the CURRENT DRIVER STATUS to see where you are on the list.
Driver Seeding
upload_2019-9-8_14-4-23.png

Note: The seeding is subject to change once the final Steward Summary is posted.

Combos
upload_2019-9-8_14-5-49.png

Top 14 Drivers (Automatic Qualifiers):
@Neutty, @racingchamp30, @NASCARNATE91, @man69800, @Nicktune, @JamCar0ne, @Phlano099, @Grandpa Money , @Timlour, @diehard racer, @gulfvet67, @socalnatv, @IDreamInGT3, @Herimopp89

Next 14 Drivers (Wildcards):
@TEX36, @Rednose58, @MikeGrove, @TomMang_68, @o8_jedi, @Rob Brown, @Skills, @Akzl298, @DublDee, @Ralliartist, @Nick Cannella, @stelephant, @soundtiger95, @Mully465

For Info:
@Rednose58, @MajorBlixem, @SAMHAIN85, @nmcp1

Volunteers are welcome to put their names forward to help with broadcasting or other duties if one of the regular stewards can't make it.

I have something else planned Friday Night so looks like i won't be able to attend. Good luck to all who does attend the ROC on Friday.

Responses are slow coming in, AND I need a volunteer or two to run the night. Some of the previous stand-ins are not very active anymore. We need a host and a helper(s). I'm away this weekend and can't do it.

Duties are:
Host:
  • Open the Lobby slightly before or at 9:00 pm eastern time and follow the program as indicated here
  • Set the laps for the larger number in the combo info sheet (same post as above)
  • Manual Grid
  • Set the grid as per the RaceNight tab in the sheet (I will give access and training, but we need to do that soon. I'll be gone by Thursday)
Helpers:
  • Type out the delay times for each driver
  • Type the Snail Message for people not invited
  • Save and Share the replays
  • Take a wide angle photo of the winner crossing the finish line and share
  • Do live broadcasts (showing the results screen after every race)
  • One helper to review replays and share a screen shot of the fast laps (remember the trick to capture the fast lap of the last placed driver if he run his fast lap on the last lap. Add it manually below the picture)
We had a few helpers doing some of these already in last few races and that made my job easier every time, thank you. Let's see what you guys can do. (I will be away for three months in Dec-Mar. So we need people for the future too)

All of you will then have a fun night and I will have enough information to post the results and data shortly after the race.

@Neutty, @man69800, @Nicktune, @JamCar0ne, @Phlano099, @Grandpa Money , @Timlour, @diehard racer, @gulfvet67, @socalnatv, , @Herimopp89 , @Rednose58, @MikeGrove, @TomMang_68, @o8_jedi, @Rob Brown, @Skills, @Akzl298, @DublDee, @Ralliartist, @Nick Cannella, @stelephant, @soundtiger95, @Mully465

Responses are slow coming in, AND I need a volunteer or two to run the night. Some of the previous stand-ins are not very active anymore. We need a host and a helper(s). I'm away this weekend and can't do it.

Duties are:
Host:
  • Open the Lobby slightly before or at 9:00 pm eastern time and follow the program as indicated here
  • Set the laps for the larger number in the combo info sheet (same post as above)
  • Manual Grid
  • Set the grid as per the RaceNight tab in the sheet (I will give access and training, but we need to do that soon. I'll be gone by Thursday)
Helpers:
  • Do live broadcasts (showing the results screen after every race)
  • One helper to review replays and share a screen shot of the fast laps (remember the trick to capture the fast lap of the last placed driver if he run his fast lap on the last lap. Add it manually below the picture)
We had a few helpers doing some of these already in last few races and that made my job easier every time, thank you. Let's see what you guys can do. (I will be away for three months in Dec-Mar. So we need people for the future too)

All of you will then have a fun night and I will have enough information to post the results and data shortly after the race.

@Neutty, @man69800, @Nicktune, @JamCar0ne, @Phlano099, @Grandpa Money , @Timlour, @diehard racer, @gulfvet67, @socalnatv, , @Herimopp89 , @Rednose58, @MikeGrove, @TomMang_68, @o8_jedi, @Rob Brown, @Skills, @Akzl298, @DublDee, @Ralliartist, @Nick Cannella, @stelephant, @soundtiger95, @Mully465

@Rednose58 I can help with:

Please note that I am not available to host and steward this event. We need one or two volunteers to do that. It's not difficult, but I will have to do a quick training session to operate the sheet so that the grid can be set correctly. If we can't get anybody, then we will have to cancel the event.

sir-logo-jpg.733657

The August 2019 Invitational is here:
Friday, September 13, 2019 at 9:30 PM Eastern Time

REGISTRATION FORM

CURRENT DRIVER STATUS

Congrats to this season's top performers! Welcome to the Snail Invitational Race. Registration is now open. All SNAILs listed below are eligible to register. The top 14 drivers who register before the deadline are given priority on race night. Please click on the link to the REGISTRATION FORM to indicate your availability. You have to click on the "Yes" (Confirm) or the "No" (Cancel) option. If your situation changes you can come back and enter the change. The form closes at noon on Friday, September 13, 2019.

Wildcard/reserve drivers still have to register. You will be added to the list if some of the first 14 drivers can not make it. You can come back from time to time and click on the CURRENT DRIVER STATUS to see where you are on the list.
Driver Seeding
View attachment 849367

Note: The seeding is subject to change once the final Steward Summary is posted.

Combos
View attachment 849368

@Neutty, @racingchamp30, @NASCARNATE91, @man69800, @Nicktune, @JamCar0ne, @Phlano099, @Grandpa Money , @Timlour, @diehard racer, @gulfvet67, @socalnatv, @IDreamInGT3, @Herimopp89

@TEX36, @Rednose58, @MikeGrove, @TomMang_68, @o8_jedi, @Rob Brown, @Skills, @Akzl298, @DublDee, @Ralliartist, @Nick Cannella, @stelephant, @soundtiger95, @Mully465

For Info:

Volunteers are welcome to put their names forward to help with broadcasting or other duties if one of the regular stewards can't make it.
I want to check out a club (ironically about cars) at my university at 6:30 PM est, so idk if I’ll be able to make it to tonight’s event. I put “yes” in case though

sir-logo-jpg.733657

The September 2019 Invitational is here:
Friday, October 11, 2019 at 9:30 PM Eastern Time

REGISTRATION FORM

CURRENT DRIVER STATUS

Congrats to this season's top performers! Welcome to the Snail Invitational Race. Registration is now open. All SNAILs listed below are eligible to register. The top 14 drivers who register before the deadline are given priority on race night. Please click on the link to the REGISTRATION FORM to indicate your availability. You have to click on the "Yes" (Confirm) or the "No" (Cancel) option. If your situation changes you can come back and enter the change. The form closes at noon on Friday, October 11, 2019.

Driver Seeding
upload_2019-10-7_10-14-21.png

Combos
upload_2019-10-7_10-11-47.png

The Nissan is on the "C" track. There is a bit of the problem with how the macro is written to pull the Track Info over.
@stelephant, @Rob Brown, @Nicktune, @Noob01_lmdead, @diehard racer, @Rednose58, @Timlour, @N38824r, @Neutty, @Grandpa Money , @JamCar0ne, @TomMang_68, @Phlano099, @IDreamInGT3

@Herimopp89, @gulfvet67, @Mully465, @MikeGrove, @Skills, @basswerks1, @soundtiger95, @Fudman420, @Nick Cannella, @Marius789, @man69800, @TEX36, @o8_jedi, @socalnatv

For Info:

Thanks to the 8 drivers who responded so far.

Can we please get the other 20 to do the same.

@stelephant, @Rob Brown, @Nicktune, @Noob01_lmdead, @diehard racer, @Rednose58, @Timlour, @N38824r, @Neutty, @Grandpa Money , @JamCar0ne, @TomMang_68, @Phlano099, @IDreamInGT3

@Herimopp89, @gulfvet67, @Mully465, @MikeGrove, @Skills, @basswerks1, @soundtiger95, @Fudman420, @Nick Cannella, @Marius789, @man69800, @TEX36, @o8_jedi, @socalnatv

For Info:

@Rednose58 i said no, but it’s going to depend on my work and if I have to go in on Saturday morning on attending. So technically tentative but by all means give my position up if needed.

Latest Posts

Back