SNAIL Invitational - Next Event: On Hold till Further Notice

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 615 comments
We will need a fast typist who can join the party chat to type out delays..... any volunteers?

Does it have to be a racer, or does the lobby get too crowded for non-participants? I'm not eligible this month but hope to be sometime in the future. I wouldn't mind spectating another race with quality drivers and also to observe the proceedings. I can be productive while spectating if theres room in the lobby.

Depending on how many drivers sign up. We have room for 14 drivers and two stewards. So far, one of the stewards will be non racing. We have @Herimopp89 and @Bologna_Duc who are volunteering to help.

If 14 of the 25 invitees sign up we have room for @Herimopp89 to help out with texting / broadcasting. If we have less than 14 sign-ups then @Bologna_Duc can join as well and save/share replays and or take screen shots of results and PM to me. If you can broadcast, that will be great too.

I thought the same thing,that broadcasting from the perspective of the lobby with the ability to cycle through the field would be nice,Would be nice to have non-drivers broadcasting our Sunday sprint races.

I thought the same thing,that broadcasting from the perspective of the lobby with the ability to cycle through the field would be nice,Would be nice to have non-drivers broadcasting our Sunday sprint races.
Not sure why PD can’t increase the lobby max to 20-24....That would be sweet.

then @Bologna_Duc can join as well and save/share replays and or take screen shots of results and PM to me. If you can broadcast, that will be great too.

IMG_1335.JPG

Sooo, I've never actually done any of that stuff. Capture data in a spreadsheet, type, fetch donuts, all definitely in my wheelhouse. Capturing replays, screenshots, fluid dynamics; all stuff I can try out. But I'll speculate you don't want a noob messing about particularly in a special event.

Sooo, I've never actually done any of that stuff. Capture data in a spreadsheet, type, fetch donuts, all definitely in my wheelhouse. Capturing replays, screenshots, fluid dynamics; all stuff I can try out. But I'll speculate you don't want a noob messing about particularly in a special event.
Don't worry. We have some back-ups. You won't learn if you don't try and you will learn more by screwing up sometimes. We are not the military, so a screw-up won't kill us.

Last edited:
This is the signup status for tonight. If you said yes, you have priority. Others can join on a first come, first serve basis.

@MajorBlixem will host and @SAMHAIN85 will help. I will join as soon a I get back from singing Christmas carols.
@Herimopp89 and @Bologna_Duc are welcome to join and help out with stewarding and saving replays and broadcasting, etc

Program and Combo details for tonight are here

upload_2018-12-7_11-56-40.png

upload_2018-12-7_11-57-11.png

Preliminary delays for the starts : (Dependent on @racingchamp30 and @TEX36 showing up)

upload_2018-12-7_12-2-39.png

@src_ej6, @diehard racer, @Raw10_2u, @Grandpa Money , @racingchamp30, @SAMHAIN85, @FREEREVN, @THRASH, @gulfvet67, @MajorBlixem, @MikeGrove, @RacingOtaku86, @Nicktune, @TEX36

@Alexrider007, @DublDee, @N38824r, @Neutty, @Jw_wk1010, @Skills, @abm89, @stelephant, @JamCar0ne, @Zalcecan, @soundtiger95

Interesting situation for me with Combo 1: I set my fastest lap of 54.209 while using strictly paddles. Now that I have a shifter, am I allowed to use it? I dont think the shifter guys src, Mike or Neutty broke into the 53s using it and Id like to see if its possible. Itll also be a good comparison for how much faster the shifter can be. I know I drove the heck out of the car to hit that 54.2

The other 2 combos dont utilize the shifter.

I apologize but im.gonna down grade myself to 50 50 being on tonight something I ate for dinner did not agree with me agian I apologize

sir-logo-jpg.733657

The December 2018 Invitational is here:
Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:30 PM Eastern Time
Rules and regulations: Here
REGISTRATION FORM
CURRENT DRIVER STATUS

Congrats to this season's top performers! Welcome to the Snail Invitational Race. Registration is now open. All SNAILs listed below are eligible to register. The top 14 drivers who register before the deadline are given priority on race night. Please click on the link to the REGISTRATION FORM to indicate your availability. You have to click on the "Yes" (Confirm) or the "No" (Cancel) option. If your situation changes you can come back and enter the change. The form closes at noon on Friday, January 11, 2019.
Wildcard/reserve drivers still have to register. You will be added to the list if some of the first 14 drivers can not make it. You can come back from time to time and click on the CURRENT DRIVER STATUS to see where you are on the list.
Driver Seeding
upload_2019-1-7_9-39-27.png

Note: The seeding is subject to change once the final Steward Summary is posted.
Combos
upload_2019-1-7_9-37-20.png

Top 14 Drivers (Automatic Qualifiers):
@thracerviewr, @SAMHAIN85, @basswerks1, @TEX36, @Neutty, @DublDee, @TomMang_68, @racingchamp30, @Nicktune, @Grandpa Money , @Raw10_2u, @gulfvet67, @todally_lit, @Bologna_Duc
Next 11 Drivers (Wildcards):
@RacingOtaku86, @Skills, @N38824r, @Lean_22_YT, @soundtiger95, @src_ej6, @Herimopp89, @diehard racer, @llNovall, @Rob Brown, @TexasJDC
For Info:
@Rednose58, @MajorBlixem, @SAMHAIN85, @nmcp1
Volunteers are welcome to put their names forward to help with broadcasting or other duties if one of the regular stewards can't make it.

Last edited:
Back