SNAIL Invitational - Next Event: On Hold till Further Notice

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 615 comments
Cant make it Friday night. If I make it back home in time I'll try to hop on and stream it. Have fun!

A few drivers have not responded yet for tonight. There are still a few spots open. Deadline for priority seats closes at noon Eastern Time today. After that it is on a first-come-first serve basis regardless of seeding position.

@MajorBlixem - are you helping out tonight?

upload_2018-8-10_7-48-14.png

upload_2018-8-10_7-48-53.png

Top 14 Drivers (Automatic Qualifiers):
@stelephant, @SAMHAIN85, @thracerviewr, @THRASH, @Rob Brown, @Nicktune, @basswerks1, @Neutty, @Hanable, @racingchamp30, @TomMang_68, @Kgffy, @Mully465, @BradESPN
Next 11 Drivers (Wildcards):
@JamCar0ne, @spidermonkey, @TEX36, @ChauncyMarsh, @Rednose58, @Grandpa Money , @Nick Cannella, @src_ej6, @gulfvet67, @Raw10_2u, @TexasJDC
For Info:
@Rednose58, @MajorBlixem, @SAMHAIN85, @nmcp1
Volunteers are welcome to put their names forward to help with broadcasting or other duties if one of the regular stewards can't make it.

Tonight will be a good test to see the impact of the new tire model, as all the combos were on the the previous model.

Combos

upload_2018-8-6_8-22-42-png.757151

Well, power is out and still storming. Estimated fix time isn’t until almost midnight. Don’t think that I’ll be making the Invitational. :guilty:

Late to the game, I had plans for tonight but it got changed so I can help. I can broadcast the game and stewart

Murphys law is in full effect still stuck I traffic I will be late tonight so if someone wants to take my spot go for it and I'll join if there's room I dont want to hold anyone up if they can enter

Great job racing everyone. Looked like a lot of fun races, sorry that I missed. Hopefully the power lines were fixed well this time. Just got power back about an hour ago. Watched the stream.

Congratulations to @racingchamp30 who destroyed the rest of the field with three awesome wins and a perfect score of 100. That guy is unstoppable once he gets into a groove.

The data is below. The more I look at it the more interesting things pop up. Here are some:

1. Race 1 finished within 0.2 seconds from the target time

2. I was wondering how the updated tire model is going to affect the fastest lap times and a very interesting result came out:
- In race 1 almost everyone had a faster lap by quite a margin compared to their best lap in season.
- In races 2 and 3 it was the opposite. Almost everyone was slower by quite a margin.
> Race 1 was on SS tires and Races 2/3 was on RH tires. mmmm......​

3. The fasted lap in Race 1 was by a D3 driver - Drop the sandbags during the season @THRASH :mischievous:

4. Race 1 was one of our closest overall finishes yet, with 7 cars in the short main straight chasing champ over the line.

upload_2018-8-10_23-53-9.png

upload_2018-8-10_23-53-55.png

upload_2018-8-10_23-54-42.png

upload_2018-8-10_23-55-15.png

Thanks to @Raw10_2u who helped with the texting, @MajorBlixem who did the spectator broadcast and @SAMHAIN85 who jumped in and typed the gaps when he came in for the last race. All these things make it a little easier come race night.

I had a rough few days doing landscaping and we went to town to buy a tree and groceries this afternoon. When we entered the grocery store I asked my wife what time it is.... 6:35 pm mountain time - 25 minutes before I have to open the room and I have not set anything up yet. We just ran through the store and picked up what was urgent and raced home.... got the room open a minute or two late..... and then I accidentally kicked @THRASH instead of one of the intruders. Then we had to open a new room.

But after all is said in done, it was a good night, I think.

Yea last night was fun. Im guessing they are always going to mess with the tire physics just to keep us interested. I didnt really feel a difference but the data says otherwise. I dont argue facts.

Last edited:
Thanks to @Raw10_2u who helped with the texting, @MajorBlixem who did the spectator broadcast and @SAMHAIN85 who jumped in and typed the gaps when he came in for the last race. All these things make it a little easier come race night.

I had a rough few days doing landscaping and we went to town to buy a tree and groceries this afternoon. When we entered the grocery store I asked my wife what time it is.... 6:35 pm mountain time - 25 minutes before I have to open the room and I have not set anything up yet. We just ran through the store and picked up what was urgent and raced home.... got the room open a minute or two late..... and then I accidentally kicked @THRASH instead of one of the intruders. Then we had to open a new room.

But after all is said in done, it was a good night, I think.

Thanks @Rednose58 @MajorBlixem @SAMHAIN85 @racingchamp30 That was some fun racing.And Congrats to Champ for handing us our butts!

sir-logo-jpg.733657

The August 2018 Invitational is here:
Friday, September 14, 2018 at 9:30 PM Eastern Time
Rules and regulations: Here
REGISTRATION FORM
CURRENT DRIVER STATUS

Congrats to this season's top performers! Welcome to the Snail Invitational Race. Registration is now open. All SNAILs listed below are eligible to register. The top 14 drivers who register before the deadline are given priority on race night. Please click on the link to the REGISTRATION FORM to indicate your availability. You have to click on the "Yes" (Confirm) or the "No" (Cancel) option. If your situation changes you can come back and enter the change. The form closes at noon on Friday, September 14, 2018.
Wildcard/reserve drivers still have to register. You will be added to the list if some of the first 14 drivers can not make it. You can come back from time to time and click on the CURRENT DRIVER STATUS to see where you are on the list.
Driver Seeding
upload_2018-9-10_9-32-45.png

Note: The seeding is subject to change once the final Steward Summary is posted.
Combos
upload_2018-9-10_9-34-4.png

Top 14 Drivers (Automatic Qualifiers):
@SAMHAIN85, @M1SS-D3V10US, @RacingOtaku86, @JamCar0ne, @Neutty, @AdamK3190, @TEX36, @Grandpa Money , @gulfvet67, @Nicktune, @Rednose58, @basswerks1, @BradESPN, @Alexrider007
Next 11 Drivers (Wildcards):
@Raw10_2u, @Rob Brown, @thracerviewr, @TexasJDC, @stelephant, @Mully465, @Zalcecan, @ChauncyMarsh, @Jw_wk1010, @Shotgungho, @Skills
For Info:
@Rednose58, @MajorBlixem, @SAMHAIN85, @nmcp1
Volunteers are welcome to put their names forward to help with broadcasting or other duties if one of the regular stewards can't make it.

Back