SNAIL Invitational - Next Event: On Hold till Further Notice

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 615 comments
It appears that on July 7, D2 ran the second race with the Renault at Willow springs on RH tires... That will unfortunately bite them hard tonight.... They will start far far behind on sports soft.

We may have to go back and void all that Data (@JLBowler )

early practice room open: 0474-5817-0136-7286-6884

It appears that on July 7, D2 ran the second race with the Renault at Willow springs on RH tires... That will unfortunately bite them hard tonight.... They will start far far behind on sports soft.

No we didn't.. Replay shows all on SS...

That’s nearly impossible. I adjust the race name and reverse the grid. Somebody would have caught that kind of change. Replay probably won’t lie though. Would have had to run both races that way.

That definitely did not happen. Just checked my own stream that I uploaded.

I can't do the Data as usual because of some of the complications, But here is a copy of the results.

upload_2018-7-13_23-15-26.png

and the three Gold Medalists
Round 1
upload_2018-7-13_23-21-16.png

Round 2
upload_2018-7-13_23-20-35.png

Round 3
upload_2018-7-13_23-18-35.png

When I started putting the names in the sheet as you guys came into the room I saw that your delays were up to a minute behind Sam. I looked at the assigned lap times and it showed that the D2 guys have 1:16's and 1:17's vs. Sam's 1:20's I thought there might have been a problem with the program that pulls the data in, but when I looked at R2R2 on July 1 - that was the numbers that was put in.

On Thursday's practice someone mentioned/asked if we ran the Renault on RH tires last week and I said nope. When I saw the lap times, I thought maybe they did run RH's. The person who mentioned the RH tires later said he was in a different room where they ran the cars on RH's and he was confused for a moment.

So, something else went wrong and it would be interesting to see what it was
upload_2018-7-14_12-0-9.png

Maybe someone should have a quick look at the replays again.

When I started putting the names in the sheet as you guys came into the room I saw that your delays were up to a minute behind Sam. I looked at the assigned lap times and it showed that the D2 guys have 1:16's and 1:17's vs. Sam's 1:20's I thought there might have been a problem with the program that pulls the data in, but when I looked at R2R2 on July 1 - that was the numbers that was put in.

On Thursday's practice someone mentioned/asked if we ran the Renault on RH tires last week and I said nope. When I saw the lap times, I thought maybe they did run RH's. The person who mentioned the RH tires later said he was in a different room where they ran the cars on RH's and he was confused for a moment.

So, something else went wrong and it would be interesting to see what it was
View attachment 751122

Maybe someone should have a quick look at the replays again.
Those 1:16 / 1:17 lap times look like the lap times we were running with the Mini on Blue Moon Bay a week before.

Ok, so the data from 7-8 is correct..
Did a little more digging.. Data from 7- 1 has race 2 combo 2 swapped with race 1 combo 3.. Plus we didn't race on July 7.. That's why I was a little confused.. 1st and 8th
It looks like that it is only the fast laps that were switched around. The total duration looks fine and also the starting positions (reverse grid) of both R2R2 and R3R2.

I will go ahead and fix it. I don't know how it will affect the overall historical stats and how often that program runs, but at least the archived file will be correct.

Fixed

Last edited:
Thank you all, I was confused regarding how this might have happened. I thought it was because the D2 data had not been entered for the 1 nights event. Then the mention of us being on the wrong tires really threw me! Sorry for the problems gentleman!

sir-logo-jpg.733657

The July 2018 Invitational is here:
Friday, August 10, 2018 at 9:30 PM Eastern Time
Rules and regulations: Here
REGISTRATION FORM
CURRENT DRIVER STATUS

Congrats to this season's top performers! Welcome to the Snail Invitational Race. Registration is now open. All SNAILs listed below are eligible to register. The top 14 drivers who register before the deadline are given priority on race night. Please click on the link to the REGISTRATION FORM to indicate your availability. You have to click on the "Yes" (Confirm) or the "No" (Cancel) option. If your situation changes you can come back and enter the change. The form closes at noon on Friday, August 10, 2018.
Wildcard/reserve drivers still have to register. You will be added to the list if some of the first 14 drivers can not make it. You can come back from time to time and click on the CURRENT DRIVER STATUS to see where you are on the list.
Driver Seeding
upload_2018-8-6_8-21-17.png

Note: The seeding is subject to change once the final Steward Summary is posted.
Combos
upload_2018-8-6_8-22-42.png

Top 14 Drivers (Automatic Qualifiers):
@stelephant, @SAMHAIN85, @thracerviewr, @THRASH, @Rob Brown, @Nicktune, @basswerks1, @Neutty, @Hanable, @racingchamp30, @TomMang_68, @Kgffy, @Mully465, @BradESPN
Next 11 Drivers (Wildcards):
@JamCar0ne, @spidermonkey, @TEX36, @ChauncyMarsh, @Rednose58, @Grandpa Money , @Nick Cannella, @src_ej6, @gulfvet67, @Raw10_2u, @TexasJDC
For Info:
@Rednose58, @MajorBlixem, @SAMHAIN85, @nmcp1
Volunteers are welcome to put their names forward to help with broadcasting or other duties if one of the regular stewards can't make it.

Back