*COMPLETED* MPGT4CC Season 2 Champion: MrDonovan

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 758 comments

Who's in for finishing out the current Michelin series season on GTSport?

• For finishing out Season on GTSport

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Close current season as it stands and ready up for next season on GT7

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MPCC Spotter guide S2 Event 1.png

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
GT4 Cup Challenge
Season Opener
Pre-Race Driver Briefing
Friday, July 30th, 2021

at 9pm est

Well Gentlemen, its that time again. Hope everyone had a great summer break these last few weeks, and thanks again for everyone's patience to delay the season opener. But, now its almost here...approximately 36hrs away.

It's Event #1, at Barcelona, for the opening race of the all GS Class Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge. Compliments to everyone efforts and work on some great looking liveries for this season. Have a look at the Driver Profile Post, and the Team Profiles post directly below it to see who is who. Great job👍
All drivers have submitted a time trial and have been leveled and balanced based on those submissions. Now it's time to let the race events and success ballast system do its work to fine tune the parity as the season progresses. Get those tunes set, and get some last minute laps in....competition is expected to be highly challenging.

A few quick reminders to all drivers attending:
*Please be patient in high traffic, especially in the opening laps.
**Respect the space of the drivers around you, and make every effort to race as clean as possible.
***Race hard, Race consistent, and race fair.

Let's showcase the clean and competitive racing that Snail has always been known for.

Drivers are also asked to please review or refresh themselves with the series Caution Process noted below:
Tab 4.2 Caution Process. (In 1st Post of thread)
Any questions, please ask.

For Reference:
Confirmation Reminder Post Event #1

Now, the Roster for Event #1.
Though we do have a few absences, it appears we will have a very large turnout confirmed for this event with the help from a few of our Reserve drivers...15 drivers set, with 1 primary and 1 reserve tentative. High probability of a full grid. See the roster below:

Our grids for tomorrow night are shown below:
GS Class-hosted by II-NOVA-II
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (2nd absent)
@stelephant / stelephant
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden
@Fudman420 / Fudman420
@GTP_Guido / TPC_Guido
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099
@TEX36 / TEX-36
@Moby45 / Moby45 (1st Absent)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan
[USER=303149]@Noob01_lmdead[/USER] / rauljimenez76 (3rd Absent)
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13
@socalnatv / Sand_68 (1st Reserve)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (2nd Reserve)
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok (3rd Reserve)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
@Deal24 / fullerbunch

@socalnatv will be racing for @Moby45 team (OuttaSight Racing, with @GTP_Guido, and points scored will count toward the team score for the event.

@Yugofan will be racing for @Bologna_Duc 's solo entry team (Ronin Racing), and points scored will count toward the team score for the event.

@Noob01_lmdead is still noted as tentative, and if absent, the spot will be available to our tentative Reserve @aedenmaddok if he is available.

All Drivers that have confirmed to race and are tagged are considered primary drivers for this event and are expected on the grid. If anyone thinks they may be tentative or must cancel, please let me know by 8pm est Friday (Race Day). Any cancelled entries after this time will result in possible forfeiture of primary status or forfeiture of Reserve priority for future events.

Please verify your driver specific BOP Regulations before entering the room:
Screenshot_20210724-010835_Sheets.jpg

It is the responsibility of ALL Drivers to verify your BoP regulations prior to entering the race room or at the latest, 5 minutes prior to the Start of Qualifying. The BoP Tracking Sheet will be displayed here and in other reminder posts leading up to each event. I will not be verifying BoP regulations prior to the start of Qualifying. Rather, the Race Director will screenshot the in game Driver Performance Regulations screen just prior to the start of Qualifying to be referenced during scoring.
Any Driver whose BoP is not correct for the event will recieve a 10 point penalty against points scored for that event.
Please verify your BoP regulations before every race night.

The Race Rooms and Party Chats will be open for entries and warm up around 8:50pm est. Please be in the room no later than 9:10pm est to have your entry verified.
15 minute Open Qualifying to start at 9:15pm est.

Good luck to everyone, and see you all on the grid for the green flag:cheers:

Last edited:
Going to run some practice laps now if anyone is feeling frisky. My first laps with this car since testing.

Friends only to keep out riff raff so hit me up.

0475 4149 1744 2506 2468

Last edited:
"I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail-Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific initial BOP regulations.
PSN ID: fruitloop31
Car: Jaguar
Number: 77
Race Team: (not required at sign up)"

I’m out of town currently and will not get back for a week. Could I still do the time trial when I get back to become a reserve even though the season started?

I’m glad I checked the header because I started at Interlagos. That would not have worked out well for me.

Ferrari seems to drive well but a little loose at times. Was in the 52s and 51s so hopefully that is in the ballpark.

"I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail-Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific initial BOP regulations.
PSN ID: fruitloop31
Car: Jaguar
Number: 77
Race Team: (not required at sign up)"

I’m out of town currently and will not get back for a week. Could I still do the time trial when I get back to become a reserve even though the season started?
Glad to have you onboard, and yes...absolutely. I'll send over the time trial instructions in a pm. As long as you run and have the results to me before the next event, you would then be eligible to race if a spot is available. Will you be creating your own livery to the series requirements in Section 3 of the 1st post, or would you like to have something rendered for you? I'm happy to do so...enjoy livery creation as much as racing...almost. In the meantime, I'll get you on the roster and drivers list. Looking forward to racing again soon. :cheers:

Race room is live.
ID: 0475 4149 3745 9402 4516
Party chat open

Remember to check your BoP before qualifying.
Good luck to everyone racing tonight. :cheers:

8431314715384219144_0.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #1
at Barcelona

on 7/30/21

Event #1 kicked off with some great racing with close battles across the field. @aedenmaddok and @GTR4MROD had an all out dogfight for first place in Race 1. After a terrible qualifying effort on my part, I settled into the race picking off a few spots in the opening laps and finding a great battle with @socalnatv (Sand_68) and @GTP_Guido for quite a few laps mid race. At around lap 15, my tires started to fall off and my pace along with it forcing me to yield a few positions to finish in 8th for Race 1.
Race 2 started well until the pressure came from aeden and GTR4MROD. Once they got around, I found myself in a 4 car battle for 9th place with @MrDonovan , @Rob Brown , and @Phlano099 that lasted until I blew the brake marker in turn 1. This pretty much sealed my race night result, however, I did have a fun tussle with @stelephant in the closing laps. Though not one of my better races, the battles had made it all worth it. I can assure, I will be taking naps on the afternoons before race nights moving forward as I was completely gassed by lap 10 in Race 2. Luckily its still early.
Also, I'd like to point out how close the qualifying and fast lap times were across the field for the opening event. I think we can expect the spread in times to narrow in even more as we progress into the Season. Should be many more challenging races ahead.
If anyone had some battles that they would like to share, feel free to post.
Overall, great racing for our opening event of the Season.
1st place did come down to a tiebreaker between @GTR4MROD and @aedenmaddok , being broken by the highest finishing position on the night.
Congratulations to @GTR4MROD on the overall Event #1 Win. :cheers: Great Racing

And, our Podium:
1st: @GTR4MROD
2nd: @aedenmaddok
3rd: @Fudman420

Ballast adjustments have been made and the BoP chart updated & edited in the 2nd Post. Be sure to verify or adjust your BoP if necessary.
Screenshot_20210731-230623_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-221759_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210731-221820_Sheets.jpg
Event #1, Race 1 at Barcelona 7/30/21

Event #1, Race 2 at Barcelona on 7/30/21

Next Event
Event #2
Friday, August 27, 9pm est
at Nurburgring GP
Conditions: TBD

Again, great racing everyone, and I'll see most of your for the Porsche Cup opener in 2 weeks, and the rest for Event #2.:cheers:

Last edited:
Event #1, Race 1 at Barcelona 7/30/21

Event #1, Race 2 at Barcelona on 7/30/21

As I watched and broadcasted these 2 races, I noted some amazing and clean multi-car battles that raged deep into both races. Awesome to see a battle to the finish for First in Race 1, and to see a 5 car battle and a 4 car battle 25 minutes into Race 2. Amazing racing fellas...perfect examples of Snail Racing. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back