Snail-Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge (Season 2)-Event #7 at Dragon Trail Gardens, Fri, 1/14/22, 9pm estOpen 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 623 comments
United States
Bel Air, MD
II-NOVA-II
I should have a practice room open tonight unless Nova is planning something.

Probably a “friends only” room so send me a request if you don’t see the room.
It's all you Yugo. Early bedtime for me tonight...3am comes up quick. Curious to see where the times are falling in. Don't want to divulge mine quite yet..😉, but hoping for some lap data Intel. Have fun practicing tonight fellas, and see you all Friday. Full grid is set btw. Great turn out. Pre Race will be posted possibly tomorrow, or Friday morning.

United States
Tampa, Fl
Ice_Warden
Probably a “friends only” room so send me a request if you don’t see the room.

Angry Parks And Recreation GIF

United States
Seattle
Fudman420
It's all you Yugo. Early bedtime for me tonight...3am comes up quick. Curious to see where the times are falling in. Don't want to divulge mine quite yet..😉, but hoping for some lap data Intel. Have fun practicing tonight fellas, and see you all Friday. Full grid is set btw. Great turn out. Pre Race will be posted possibly tomorrow, or Friday.
I was running low 37s consistently with a fast lap of 36.8.

United States
Seattle
Fudman420
Ugh...I am so far away from these numbers. My best so far is a 1:37.5 with consistency in the hi 1:37's. Optimal showing at a 1:36.8 if all sectors perfect. Going to be a tough one for me.
36.8 was after 15 or so laps. Fuel was at 2/3 and the 10 or so laps after I had sector's that were hundredths faster but a 36.8 is going to be about the fastest I'll run with no tow.

United States
Bel Air, MD
II-NOVA-II
MPCC Spotter guide S2 Event 7.png

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
GT4 Cup Challenge
Event #7
Pre-Race Driver Briefing
Friday, January 14th, 2021

at 9pm est
Tonight we are at Dragon Trail on the technical and challenging Garden layout. Multiple areas where time can be heavily gained and majorly lost, and a track that heavily favors the nimble and better handing cars. And let's not forget the chicane and it's race ruining sausage curbs.....rolling over these are allowed, but at a high risk/high reward; and the multiple apex right hander that require steady throttle control, and finally the double apex hairpin. And this is just the track challenges....let's not forget the heavy challenge each Racer presents to each other. Expectations are for some great battles, some wrecks, and podium finishers who certainly will have earned it.

As always mentioned, consistency and minimal mistakes take the the podium places. Be patient and aware of traffic and your braking points...especially at Turn 1 in the opening laps, and lets have a good clean event.

A few quick reminders to all drivers attending:
*Please be patient in high traffic, especially in the opening laps.
**Respect the space of the drivers around you, and make every effort to race as clean as possible.
***Race hard, Race consistent, and race fair.

Let's continue to showcase the clean and competitive racing that Snail has always been known for.

Track Boundaries:
Keep 2 wheels within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present.

Clarification at the chicane:
At turns 3 and 4 (the chicane), drivers may expoit the boundaries of this section as long as both wheels stay in contact with the white apron on the back side of the curbing and sausage curbs. Be careful in how you approach this section, as the slightest bit off line can launch the car and send you out of control.

Screenshot_20220114-085954_Samsung Internet.jpg

Drivers are also asked to please review or refresh themselves with the series Caution Process noted below:
Tab 4.2 Caution Process. (In 1st Post of thread)
Any questions, please ask.

For Reference:
Confirmation Reminder Post, Event #7

Attendance is awesome for tonight's event with all 16 Primary Drivers confirmed to attend and 1 Reserves confirmed available and on standby if needed.:cheers:
Note:
@Rob Brown reported his intended absence therefore forfeiting his primary entry to @Yugofan who was confirmed available and waiting for a spot. Rob's plans have changed enough to afford him the ability to race if needed, however, since he he forfeited his spot for the night, he is now slotted as our 1st Reserve for any last minute report offs.

Our grid for tonight is shown below:
Drivers Roster
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc
@stelephant / stelephant
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden
@Fudman420 / Fudman420
@Megabytesize / Moby45
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13
@socalnatv / Sand_68
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Reserve)
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (available if needed)

Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove
@Beeg Brady / Brady_Imawesome
@Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok
@Deal24 / fullerbunch

All Drivers that have confirmed to race and are tagged are considered primary drivers for this event and are expected on the grid. If anyone thinks they may be tentative or must cancel, please let me know by 8pm est Friday (Race Day). Any cancelled entries after this time will result in possible forfeiture of primary status or forfeiture of Reserve priority for future events.

Please verify your driver specific BOP Regulations before entering the room:
Driver List and BoP Regulations Chart

It is the responsibility of ALL Drivers to verify your BoP regulations prior to entering the race room or at the latest, 5 minutes prior to the Start of Qualifying. The BoP Tracking Sheet will be displayed here and in other reminder posts leading up to each event. I will not be verifying BoP regulations prior to the start of Qualifying. Rather, the Race Director will screenshot the in game Driver Performance Regulations screen just prior to the start of Qualifying to be referenced during scoring.
Any Driver whose BoP is not correct for the event will recieve a 10 point penalty against points scored for that event.
Please verify your BoP regulations before every race night.

The Race Rooms and Party Chats will be open for entries and warm up around 8:50pm est. Please be in the room no later than 9:10pm est to have your entry verified.
15 minute Open Qualifying to start at 9:15pm est.

Good luck to everyone, and see you all on the grid for the green flag.​

Last edited:
United States
Idaho
Bologna_Duc
I have been in some practice races with a group with race laps in low to mid 36s. I have hit a 36 flat myself. But don’t be dismayed. The times are tight and proper overtaking is difficult. I set two consecutive purple laps behind the car I was chasing and would have needed two more plus a mistake ahead to attempt overtake. Failed or awkward pass attempts will just open the gap to the leaders ahead. Opportunities will open for the patient driver behind.

As @IceWarden said in another thread:
”Shout out to @llNovall series where the races are long and the competition closely matched. You can't just throw your car down the inside and blaze away. You just have to train yourself to sit in line and enjoy the view sometimes.”

Last edited:
United States
Bel Air, MD
II-NOVA-II
Race room is open:
ID: 0475 4370 9424 7751 7892
0475 4370 8859 8863 1620

Party chat open as well

Good luck to everyone tonight.

@Rob Brown
Remain on standby. If the room is not full by 9:15pm est, the missing entry is yours.

Last edited:

JDMKING13

PGTR Realistic Club
Premium
United States
Edison NJ
jdmking13
Lucid killer 58
Race room is open:
ID: 0475 4370 9424 7751 7892
0475 4370 8859 8863 1620

Party chat open as well

Good luck to everyone tonight.

@Rob Brown
Remain on standby. If the room is not full by 9:15pm est, the missing entry is yours.
I couldn’t find the room or join chat until 9:20 ish

Last edited:
United States
Bel Air, MD
II-NOVA-II
I couldn’t find the room or join chat until 9:20 ish
Hey Jdm,
Sorry on tonight man. I was looking on psn messenger, here, and discord and didn't see anything posted as of 9:17. Had to let Rob bump back in as promised. If you have problems like this moving forward, immediately message at one of the above outlets and I'll hold the spot.

JDMKING13

PGTR Realistic Club
Premium
United States
Edison NJ
jdmking13
Lucid killer 58
Hey Jdm,
Sorry on tonight man. I was looking on psn messenger, here, and discord and didn't see anything posted as of 9:17. Had to let Rob bump back in as promised. If you have problems like this moving forward, immediately message at one of the above outlets and I'll hold the spot.
It’s no problem I wouldn’t do a no call no show… I practice with some of the boys today for like an hour so I was ready… I just never saw your name on my online friend list… I saw the other guys but it seemed as if they were practicing because their rooms were not filled… I kept refreshing but Nothing until 9:20 ish. Even with the chat it never showed up for some reason. It’s cool good luck to everyone tonight.

United States
Bel Air, MD
II-NOVA-II
It’s no problem I wouldn’t do a no call no show… I practice with some of the boys today for like an hour so I was ready… I just never saw your name on my online friend list… I saw the other guys but it seemed as if they were practicing because their rooms were not filled… I kept refreshing but Nothing until 9:20 ish. Even with the chat it never showed up for some reason. It’s cool good luck to everyone tonight.

Hey Jdm,
So sorry it fell that way. Thanks for reporting in here. It's be no means a no call no show. Your roster spot is safe and sound. 👍

United States
Bel Air, MD
II-NOVA-II
Alright gents,
Wanted to post a few things for now until the post race report comes out.
1.) Dragon Trail was a tough one. If anyone feels they need any incidents reviewed, please forward pm's my way with lap, time, and brief description by Sunday night 8pm est.
2.) There has been discussion on new safety car procedures as a result of some of the confusion from tonight Race 2 Caution. I will address in a formal post and will update the 1st thread with the new procedure.
3.) I am announcing my request for a car change. As noted in the rules, since I hold a Level 1.5 concession in the Lexus, I must forfeit that concession, and must accept the new car at base BoP spec for that car.
Here it is for the remainder of the season:
17e5c7efc039-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420410580497789_1642228830069~2.jpg
17e5c7eedf486-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420410595359093_1642228888121~2.jpg

And Team photo: (with the Lexus getting shipped out😉).
17e5c7eddc17-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420410631562551_1642229029541~2.jpg

I officially announce I have switched to the Corvette Gr4.

Post Race Report and scoring to be posted later in the week. Have a great weekend everyone, and see many of you on the 28th at St Croix in the Porsches.

United States
Tampa, Fl
Ice_Warden
@GTR4MROD I know you mentioned playing with different tunes for the Cayman in chat last night. I have a tune that I somehow devised last season for it that worked really well for me if you are interested.