*COMPLETED* MPGT4CC Season 2 Champion: MrDonovan

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 758 comments

Who's in for finishing out the current Michelin series season on GTSport?

• For finishing out Season on GTSport

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Close current season as it stands and ready up for next season on GT7

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crap !! meant to be there tonight Nova but lost my sense of time today. Uncle had a stroke so we went to see him at the hospital and just completely forgot.
No worries GTR4MROD, figured it was something important....you're always a sturdy entry. Wish we could've had you on the grid tonight, but completely understand. Your primary spot is safe and intact. Thanks for the communication, and we'll see you at the next one. Have a great Christmas and New Year. :cheers:

A few Race 1 pics while it was quiet around the house this morning.

20211218112918.jpg
20211218112926.jpg
20211218112932.jpg
20211218112937.jpg
20211218112941.jpg
20211218112945.jpg
20211218112949.jpg
20211218112954.jpg
20211218112958.jpg
20211218113002.jpg
20211218113006.jpg
20211218113010.jpg

Watched replay of race 2. Starting lap 8 @Moby45, @MrDonovan, me, @Rob Brown, @Rotary_Pilot running 9-13. For the next 6 laps it was a mostly polite flat-out dog fight for 7th. A bit of incidental contact here and there but concessions and pretty damn clean fun from my view. The Aussie stewing in 104F heat acted like Kimi the Iceman and got a gap on lap 14 while the rest of us continued squabbling for 8th. Donovan caught @stelephant on 17, passed him on 18 and managed to hold off me and Rotary for 6th. Awesome consistency and defense! :bowdown:

Always a privilege to race with such quality drivers in this field. And thanks again @llNovall for bringing us together. :cheers:

Watched replay of race 2. Starting lap 8 @Moby45, @MrDonovan, me, @Rob Brown, @Rotary_Pilot running 9-13. For the next 6 laps it was a mostly polite flat-out dog fight for 7th. A bit of incidental contact here and there but concessions and pretty damn clean fun from my view. The Aussie stewing in 104F heat acted like Kimi the Iceman and got a gap on lap 14 while the rest of us continued squabbling for 8th. Donovan caught @stelephant on 17, passed him on 18 and managed to hold off me and Rotary for 6th. Awesome consistency and defense! :bowdown:

Always a privilege to race with such quality drivers in this field. And thanks again @llNovall for bringing us together. :cheers:
That pack came swarming at the end there. Great push by all the drivers to jump on opportunities and get through. Loads of fun.

Despite not finishing as far up the order as I had hoped, the racing for every single position was as if it were for 1st in both races. I have a busy Saturday today and Sunday, but I'm hoping to get to the replay broadcasts and to add some pictures of my own to go with the photo shoot @IceWarden treated us to this morning. Honestly cannot wait to go back over these replays....just from my cockpit view, I saw 3,4, and 5+ car battles across all parts of the field.
I should have our usual Post Race Report out by mid week.

Special Event Interest Check

I'd like to give a heads up of a special event I'm considering, dependant on interests and availability for one night during the week between Christmas and New Years (I'm on vacation all week...no early nights for me ๐Ÿ˜‰).
It is a change of pace, but I'd like to run an event on:
Assetto Corsa
($7.99 for Ultimate Edition that includes all add on and DLC packs )
Porsche SuperCup Special Event
-2017 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
-Tuning open
-track, race length and format TBD
-likely to be either a full 1 hr race or two 30 min sprints, 10min qualifying, rolling start
Dependant on interest..
Targeting Tuesday, 12/28 or Wed 12/29 to start around 8pm-9pm est
If interested, select the Fire emoji. I will be creating a special thread and tagging all series members. Stay tuned.

Just watched the R2 replay - what a fantastic race, that was so much fun.
Nothing in that race came easy, I was so stoked to get the result.
Thanks everyone for the close racing! Great way to finish out the year, & looking fwd to the rest of the season :cheers:

Just watched the R2 replay - what a fantastic race, that was so much fun.
Nothing in that race came easy, I was so stoked to get the result.
Thanks everyone for the close racing! Great way to finish out the year, & looking fwd to the rest of the season :cheers:
Been so busy this week with work and setting up our Holiday Event for next week, I haven't had time to get everything wrapped up for our post race report. Hoping to have it together by the end of the week, and the broadcasts by next week. I did have a look at the 1st replay, and that was an awesome battle between you @Rob Brown and @socalnatv (Sand_68). Looking forward to getting the replay broadcasts together for that event. Some great racing all around.

20211218172428.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #6
at Lago Maggiore GP

on 12/17/21

Lago Maggiore GP afforded the expected battles...long, enduring, multicar battles. The standout in Race 1, was the battles between @Rob Brown , @socalnatv , and @MrDonovan , and the end of race battle between myself and @Noob01_lmdead . Very clean and tough racing. Race 2 had multiple mid pack battles for position with some great defense displayed by quite a few drivers. My performances weren't much to note, as i was way off the competitive pace for this event. However, some great racing was still had which kept it entertaining. A few shout outs: @IceWarden , great job quietly sneaking your way through the field in both races...kept under the radar with some very clean racing and some beautiful overtakes to secure an overall event win. Nice work. @stelephant , great pace for this event with a very good qualifying result. Overall pace was impressive and nice work in the high pressure hi traffic situations. Keep up the great driving. @Bologna_Duc another impresisve drive with just good ole consistency and keepingboutbof trouble....earned a strong #2 finish overall. Great job.
Many other battles and exchanges were had across the field, I'm sure.... feel free to elaborate and share any points from your races.
Congratulations to @IceWarden for the overall Event #6 Win :cheers:

And, our Podium:
1st: @IceWarden
2nd: @Bologna_Duc
3rd: @Rotary_Pilot

Ballast adjustments have been made based on the results prior to any issuance of penalties, and the BoP chart updated & edited in the 2nd Post. Be sure to verify or adjust your BoP if necessary before our next event.
Screenshot_20211228-093107_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20211228-093135_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20211228-093156_Sheets.jpg
Event #6, Race 1 at Lago Maggiore GP

Event #6, Race 2 at Lago Maggiore GP

Next Event
Event #7
Friday, January 14th, 9pm est
at Dragon Trail Gardens
Conditions: TBD

Again, great racing everyone, and I'll see most of your for the Porsche Cup Event in 2 weeks and the rest for Event #7 on the 14th.

Iโ€™m sure the other Lexus driver agrees :)

Iโ€™m pretty sure that maxing out my downforce for the second race made a big difference for me. Race 1 I was really struggling over the last third of the race to the point that I could only maintain and protect Duc from anyone who might try to attack.

Race 2 I maxed out downforce and by the time the last third of the race came around I had more tires left than anyone in front of me which allowed me to push a bit and eke out a couple tenths here and there to catch the lead group. I just focused on being smooth and somehow it paid off in the end. I didnโ€™t get very close to the fast lap times but I just tried to be consistent.

I really look forward to the replay broadcasts. I cast them to the tv and watch when I get up and eat breakfast :)

Iโ€™m sure the other Lexus driver agrees :)

Iโ€™m pretty sure that maxing out my downforce for the second race made a big difference for me. Race 1 I was really struggling over the last third of the race to the point that I could only maintain and protect Duc from anyone who might try to attack.

Race 2 I maxed out downforce and by the time the last third of the race came around I had more tires left than anyone in front of me which allowed me to push a bit and eke out a couple tenths here and there to catch the lead group. I just focused on being smooth and somehow it paid off in the end. I didnโ€™t get very close to the fast lap times but I just tried to be consistent.

I really look forward to the replay broadcasts. I cast them to the tv and watch when I get up and eat breakfast :)
I did post these in the post race report, but figured I'd put them on display. Enjoy.
Race 1

Race 2

@llNovall Please add me to the reserve list if you need extras.
Hey Yugo,
@Rob Brown has already reported absent for next week's Michelin event. You have the most events attended and therefore Highest reserve priority. Your entry for next Friday us guaranteed. Great racing last night in the Porsche, and looking forward to some more battles at Dragon Trail Gardens next week.

@Yugofan Bro great race last night you were fast! I didn't know you were on Racing Hard tires; I am so sorry for the bump at the end I just caught your bumper.
You raced me just fine. Really clean in some close quarters and I know you backed off in a couple corners you could have pressed but chose the lower risk option. I just kept watching our gap shrink over the last 10 laps. You had me sweating it.

17d3fbdae5f63-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_419181426327265_1637427446590~2.jpg

Race Event Details Post
Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
Cup Challenge
Points Event #7
on Friday, January 14th, 9pm est
Dragon Trail Gardens
16:30 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Dragon Trail Gardens
Time of Day: 16:30
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (25 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (25 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid
Lobby Settings can be found below:

Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: See Event Details
Laps: laps to = 40 min (or choice for practice)
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1, Fastest First (Set by host off qualifying)/R2, Reverse Grid from previous results.
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: Gr4
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: No Limit
Weight: No Limit
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM) Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited
Notes: * There seems to be a glitch that not all friends can find a Friends Only room ** Friends Only room only allows for Fixed Host. Special permission is required to set up a Fixed Host lobby *** In case manual lineup is required, there is and option to set grid manually.

Please see the link below to verify your Driver BOP requirements:
BoP Chart and Drivers List

Target lap times:
Fast laps in the low 1:36's, possible hi 1:35's with avg lap pace of mid 1:36's to low 1:37's.

-Above are all the Event #7 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, January 14th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn when you know you status.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based first on level of past participation, and then on date and time availability was confirmed.

Last edited:
MPCC Spotter guide Season 2 png entie roster-3.png

Confirmation Post
for Event #7

at Dragon Trail Gardens
on Friday, January 14th, 2021
Conditions:
16:30 Clear

To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
The final Driver BOP regulations have been updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply these latest numbers to your car before entering the race room. Check and double check your BoP number prior to each race. Race Director will not be verifying before the race other than to take a screen shot of the driver specs screen to review post race. Any drivers with incorrect BoP values will be issued a 10 point penalty against their score for the event raced. Please verify your BoP.

Also, I would ask that all drivers re-review section 4 of the first post, (Caution process) for the series. Any questions at all, please reach out and clarify before race night.

The race Event schedule is shown below:
9pm est- open room and verify bops/warm up
9:15pm est -15 minute Open qualifying
9:30pm est - 25 laps to = 40 minute Race 1
10:15pm est- 25 laps to = 40 minute Race 2, (Reverse grid)
Race will be using all updated series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

Race Event Details
-25 laps for each race.
-16:30 Clear
-1x fuel consumption/1x tire wear.
Race Event Details Post

BoP Chart and Drivers List
All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative.)

Please review tab 4.1 in the first post and clarify or ask any questions before we get to race night.

All drivers who make it on the grid, please stay in the race event for the night if at all possible, as we could potentially have had to turn some drivers away, leaving it a wasted opportunity for them to race. In the Event of a solo off track or spin, run to gather up as many points as possible (and there is always the possibility of a Caution to get you back up to field). Also, ballast adjustments will only be made if the event is completed. Stay with it and you could earn some help for the next event.

Primary Drivers will be given priority for each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on event participation, then based on order of confirming availability. Please reply with your intentions either way.

Anyone with a ๐Ÿ‘ has already confirmed and are noted to be present for Friday, January 14th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (Day before Race Night). Please reply either way

๐Ÿ‘= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Drivers Roster
Drivers Roster

๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall / II-NOVA-II
๐Ÿ‘ @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc
๐Ÿ‘ @stelephant / stelephant
(X) @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (1st)
๐Ÿ‘ @IceWarden / Ice_Warden
๐Ÿ‘ @Fudman420 / Fudman420
๐Ÿ‘ @Megabytesize / Moby45
๐Ÿ‘ @GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD
๐Ÿ‘ @MrDonovan / MrDonovan
๐Ÿ‘ @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
๐Ÿ‘ @Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10
๐Ÿ‘ @Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig
๐Ÿ‘ @Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13
๐Ÿ‘ @socalnatv / Sand_68
๐Ÿ‘ @JDMKING13 / jdmking13
๐Ÿ‘ @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove (1)
๐Ÿ‘ @Yugofan / Yugofan (3)(1st)
@Beeg Brady / Brady_Imawesome (1)
@Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23 (1)
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok (1)
@Deal24 / fullerbunch
@scarecrow937 (1)

Looking forward to our next event on Friday, January 14th. :cheers:

Note: I'm planning to host a formal practice session this Saturday evening around 8-9pm est for anyone interested. Hope to see some of you on track then, and the rest on race night.

Last edited:
Back