*COMPLETED* MPGT4CC Season 2 Champion: MrDonovan

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 758 comments

Who's in for finishing out the current Michelin series season on GTSport?

• For finishing out Season on GTSport

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Close current season as it stands and ready up for next season on GT7

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I should have a practice room open tonight unless Nova is planning something.

Probably a “friends only” room so send me a request if you don’t see the room.
It's all you Yugo. Early bedtime for me tonight...3am comes up quick. Curious to see where the times are falling in. Don't want to divulge mine quite yet..😉, but hoping for some lap data Intel. Have fun practicing tonight fellas, and see you all Friday. Full grid is set btw. Great turn out. Pre Race will be posted possibly tomorrow, or Friday morning.

Probably a “friends only” room so send me a request if you don’t see the room.

Angry Parks And Recreation GIF

It's all you Yugo. Early bedtime for me tonight...3am comes up quick. Curious to see where the times are falling in. Don't want to divulge mine quite yet..😉, but hoping for some lap data Intel. Have fun practicing tonight fellas, and see you all Friday. Full grid is set btw. Great turn out. Pre Race will be posted possibly tomorrow, or Friday.
I was running low 37s consistently with a fast lap of 36.8.

I was running low 37s consistently with a fast lap of 36.8.
Ugh...I am so far away from these numbers. My best so far is a 1:37.5 with consistency in the hi 1:37's. Optimal showing at a 1:36.8 if all sectors perfect. Going to be a tough one for me.

Ugh...I am so far away from these numbers. My best so far is a 1:37.5 with consistency in the hi 1:37's. Optimal showing at a 1:36.8 if all sectors perfect. Going to be a tough one for me.
36.8 was after 15 or so laps. Fuel was at 2/3 and the 10 or so laps after I had sector's that were hundredths faster but a 36.8 is going to be about the fastest I'll run with no tow.

MPCC Spotter guide S2 Event 7.png

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
GT4 Cup Challenge
Event #7
Pre-Race Driver Briefing
Friday, January 14th, 2021

at 9pm est
Tonight we are at Dragon Trail on the technical and challenging Garden layout. Multiple areas where time can be heavily gained and majorly lost, and a track that heavily favors the nimble and better handing cars. And let's not forget the chicane and it's race ruining sausage curbs.....rolling over these are allowed, but at a high risk/high reward; and the multiple apex right hander that require steady throttle control, and finally the double apex hairpin. And this is just the track challenges....let's not forget the heavy challenge each Racer presents to each other. Expectations are for some great battles, some wrecks, and podium finishers who certainly will have earned it.

As always mentioned, consistency and minimal mistakes take the the podium places. Be patient and aware of traffic and your braking points...especially at Turn 1 in the opening laps, and lets have a good clean event.

A few quick reminders to all drivers attending:
*Please be patient in high traffic, especially in the opening laps.
**Respect the space of the drivers around you, and make every effort to race as clean as possible.
***Race hard, Race consistent, and race fair.

Let's continue to showcase the clean and competitive racing that Snail has always been known for.

Track Boundaries:
Keep 2 wheels within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present.

Clarification at the chicane:
At turns 3 and 4 (the chicane), drivers may expoit the boundaries of this section as long as both wheels stay in contact with the white apron on the back side of the curbing and sausage curbs. Be careful in how you approach this section, as the slightest bit off line can launch the car and send you out of control.

Screenshot_20220114-085954_Samsung Internet.jpg

Drivers are also asked to please review or refresh themselves with the series Caution Process noted below:
Tab 4.2 Caution Process. (In 1st Post of thread)
Any questions, please ask.

For Reference:
Confirmation Reminder Post, Event #7

Attendance is awesome for tonight's event with all 16 Primary Drivers confirmed to attend and 1 Reserves confirmed available and on standby if needed.:cheers:
Note:
@Rob Brown reported his intended absence therefore forfeiting his primary entry to @Yugofan who was confirmed available and waiting for a spot. Rob's plans have changed enough to afford him the ability to race if needed, however, since he he forfeited his spot for the night, he is now slotted as our 1st Reserve for any last minute report offs.

Our grid for tonight is shown below:
Drivers Roster
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc
@stelephant / stelephant
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden
@Fudman420 / Fudman420
@Megabytesize / Moby45
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13
@socalnatv / Sand_68
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Reserve)
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (available if needed)

Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove
@Beeg Brady / Brady_Imawesome
@Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok
@Deal24 / fullerbunch

All Drivers that have confirmed to race and are tagged are considered primary drivers for this event and are expected on the grid. If anyone thinks they may be tentative or must cancel, please let me know by 8pm est Friday (Race Day). Any cancelled entries after this time will result in possible forfeiture of primary status or forfeiture of Reserve priority for future events.

Please verify your driver specific BOP Regulations before entering the room:
Driver List and BoP Regulations Chart

It is the responsibility of ALL Drivers to verify your BoP regulations prior to entering the race room or at the latest, 5 minutes prior to the Start of Qualifying. The BoP Tracking Sheet will be displayed here and in other reminder posts leading up to each event. I will not be verifying BoP regulations prior to the start of Qualifying. Rather, the Race Director will screenshot the in game Driver Performance Regulations screen just prior to the start of Qualifying to be referenced during scoring.
Any Driver whose BoP is not correct for the event will recieve a 10 point penalty against points scored for that event.
Please verify your BoP regulations before every race night.

The Race Rooms and Party Chats will be open for entries and warm up around 8:50pm est. Please be in the room no later than 9:10pm est to have your entry verified.
15 minute Open Qualifying to start at 9:15pm est.

Good luck to everyone, and see you all on the grid for the green flag.​

Last edited:
I have been in some practice races with a group with race laps in low to mid 36s. I have hit a 36 flat myself. But don’t be dismayed. The times are tight and proper overtaking is difficult. I set two consecutive purple laps behind the car I was chasing and would have needed two more plus a mistake ahead to attempt overtake. Failed or awkward pass attempts will just open the gap to the leaders ahead. Opportunities will open for the patient driver behind.

As @IceWarden said in another thread:
”Shout out to @llNovall series where the races are long and the competition closely matched. You can't just throw your car down the inside and blaze away. You just have to train yourself to sit in line and enjoy the view sometimes.”

Last edited:
Race room is open:
ID: 0475 4370 9424 7751 7892
0475 4370 8859 8863 1620

Party chat open as well

Good luck to everyone tonight.

@Rob Brown
Remain on standby. If the room is not full by 9:15pm est, the missing entry is yours.

Last edited:
Race room is open:
ID: 0475 4370 9424 7751 7892
0475 4370 8859 8863 1620

Party chat open as well

Good luck to everyone tonight.

@Rob Brown
Remain on standby. If the room is not full by 9:15pm est, the missing entry is yours.
I couldn’t find the room or join chat until 9:20 ish

Last edited:
I couldn’t find the room or join chat until 9:20 ish
Hey Jdm,
Sorry on tonight man. I was looking on psn messenger, here, and discord and didn't see anything posted as of 9:17. Had to let Rob bump back in as promised. If you have problems like this moving forward, immediately message at one of the above outlets and I'll hold the spot.

Hey Jdm,
Sorry on tonight man. I was looking on psn messenger, here, and discord and didn't see anything posted as of 9:17. Had to let Rob bump back in as promised. If you have problems like this moving forward, immediately message at one of the above outlets and I'll hold the spot.
It’s no problem I wouldn’t do a no call no show… I practice with some of the boys today for like an hour so I was ready… I just never saw your name on my online friend list… I saw the other guys but it seemed as if they were practicing because their rooms were not filled… I kept refreshing but Nothing until 9:20 ish. Even with the chat it never showed up for some reason. It’s cool good luck to everyone tonight.

It’s no problem I wouldn’t do a no call no show… I practice with some of the boys today for like an hour so I was ready… I just never saw your name on my online friend list… I saw the other guys but it seemed as if they were practicing because their rooms were not filled… I kept refreshing but Nothing until 9:20 ish. Even with the chat it never showed up for some reason. It’s cool good luck to everyone tonight.

Hey Jdm,
So sorry it fell that way. Thanks for reporting in here. It's be no means a no call no show. Your roster spot is safe and sound. 👍

Hey Jdm,
So sorry it fell that way. Thanks for reporting in here. It's be no means a no call no show. Your roster spot is safe and sound. 👍
Thank you! I’m so bored right now… I was looking forward to the event I got down to 1:35.7. Good luck to all in second race!

Alright gents,
Wanted to post a few things for now until the post race report comes out.
1.) Dragon Trail was a tough one. If anyone feels they need any incidents reviewed, please forward pm's my way with lap, time, and brief description by Sunday night 8pm est.
2.) There has been discussion on new safety car procedures as a result of some of the confusion from tonight Race 2 Caution. I will address in a formal post and will update the 1st thread with the new procedure.
3.) I am announcing my request for a car change. As noted in the rules, since I hold a Level 1.5 concession in the Lexus, I must forfeit that concession, and must accept the new car at base BoP spec for that car.
Here it is for the remainder of the season:
17e5c7efc039-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420410580497789_1642228830069~2.jpg
17e5c7eedf486-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420410595359093_1642228888121~2.jpg

And Team photo: (with the Lexus getting shipped out😉).
17e5c7eddc17-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420410631562551_1642229029541~2.jpg

I officially announce I have switched to the Corvette Gr4.

Post Race Report and scoring to be posted later in the week. Have a great weekend everyone, and see many of you on the 28th at St Croix in the Porsches.

@GTR4MROD I know you mentioned playing with different tunes for the Cayman in chat last night. I have a tune that I somehow devised last season for it that worked really well for me if you are interested.

17e79f80c4b78-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420537050698776_1642722854292~3.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #7
at Dragon Trail Gardens

on 1/14/22

Great event last Friday, and alot to cover in this Post Race Report. We'll start with the racing.
Race 1 got started with some blistering pace from @Rotary_Pilot and @Harry Rowley who quickly opened a significant gap from the field, yet had their own battle in the opening laps until Rotary managed to slip away and make his run for the finish line for 1st place with Harry taking 2nd. @socalnatv /Sand68 and @MrDonovan had a battle that seemed to last nearly the entire race until Sand made that one big mistake in the closing laps and ultimately losing a few spots.
For me, my race opened with a long battle with @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 and @Megabytesize /Moby45 with @IceWarden getting in on the action around mid race. Raul was the first to mount an attack, taking advantage of my deep entry at the hairpin, and ducking to my inside for 8th place. At this point, with Raul now leading this pack and @GTR4MROD catching up to get into the fight, we all ran tightly, nose to tail, thru the multi-apex section of the course. Finally, at the end of lap 14 and desperate attempts to defend my position, I again slipped deep into the final double apex, allowing Moby to get next to me with Ice and GTR ready tonpounce as well. The power of the Lexus was able to fend Moby off on the straight, but at turn 1, I finally yielded 2 positions to Moby and Ice, with GTR now set to stage his attack. Now, I had GTR and his teammate, @stryker attacking at every corner with multiple instances where I thought I was had and the group that had past me prior, now in their own 3 way battle just ahead. At the same spot I had lost positions a lap or so earlier, Pig went for his move to my inside, executing the pass on the exit and onto the straightaway. However, the long legs of the Lexus had enough to run the Bimmer down and counterstrike into turn 1 to retake the position with Pig almost taking it back on the entrance to the chicane....all the while with GTR in waiting. The height of this battle peaked in the multi apex section where Pig had a great run to my outside at the entrance to the multi apex section, when GTR took a clean shot to my inside and executing a double overtake. As we progressed thru this section, GTR bounced wide from clipping the curbing, allowing me to duck inside for the over under with us both running wide on the exit. The battle ahead was still hot, with @fruitloop31 and @Yugofan staging their own battle for the final third of the race, and Sand and Donovan still going at it. Pig, finally got me on the next lap with GTR finally rewarded for his patience by getting 12th place from me at the chicane shortly after. From there, it was a final sprint for battles to the finish.

Race 2 for me started with an intense battle with @Rob Brown for the top spot, and the mid pack battles that are just too manybto go thru specifically. There were alot. I manged to get around Rob, just for him to take it back, for me to then counter and take it back, and forth, and back.. .you all get it. At lap 10 he got around at the hairpin, now leaving me to fight off Ice, Raul and GTR. From here, he finally opened a gap, and made a run for it and shut this battle down. Or so he thought....😉. On lap 13, I manged to sneak back up onto his bumper, but he did finally kick in the burners and made his escape. Now began my desperate attempt to defend 2nd: failed (GTR), 3rd: failed (Rotary), and then finally 4th to the finish against Duc. This entire time, Raul, @Bologna_Duc , @Rotary_Pilot , Donovan, Sand, Moby were engaged in their own 5-6 car battle, with Duc finally running away to set up his attack on me. Duc made multiple pass attempts, with myself desperately placing the car to defend and hold the position. On the final lap exiting turn 1, Duc made his move on the inside, managing to get side by side on the entrance to the chicane. I was able to trial brake into the corner, with Duc affording the room necessary to navigate the chicane next to each other by taking a wide line thru. Donovan lurking close behind saw a window, and decided to go for it. With Duc on a wide line, and Donovan on the main line, the did lightly come together on the exit, facilitating my escape and the opportunity for yugo to grab a few spots. In Ducs attempt to hold 6th place, he and Donovan were side by side thru the awkward cambered right and left hand corners, where he nipped the curbing that unsettled and spin himself into Donovan, and subsequently releasing the rest of the battling pack to the finish line. Crazy race, and some unbelievable battles in this one.
I probably covered most of it from my view and what I caught in the broadcasts, but feel free to elaborate and share any points from your races.
Both races at Dragon Trail Gardens suffered opening laps Cautions that included some restart controversy in the Race 2 restart and we had an early race Caution in our last event. Accidents will happen, but we all must be more careful and conscious in the opening of these races. Therefore, moving forward Cautions will not be granted in the opeing 2 laps or the final 2 laps of any race.
Also, the Caution Restart process has been amended to be a restart on the Race Directors call. See below for the full breakdown of the amended Caution Process:
Yellow Flag/Cautions Process
Since this series will be a (2) 40 minute race format, we will be instituting a "Called Caution/Yellow Flag" feature to regroup the field in the event of an incident. (1 Caution available for each Race)
The following processes and rules will apply:
1.) ALL Drivers must enter and remain in the 16 driver party chat whether they have a Mic or not. (Chat audio will come through your monitor/tv for those without a headset.)
2.) Mics must be muted at all times, Except:
a.) When a driver verbally requests a caution/yellow flag, or
b.) When the Host/Race Director grants and calls the "Full Course Caution", or directions during Caution (Green this lap, etc)
NO OTHER VERBAL CONVERSATION IS ALLOWED DURING THE RACE

3.) Drivers should continue racing until the Host/Race Director verbally calls out:
"Full Course Caution"
4.) Single Car accidents or "off-tracks" are not permitted to request a Caution at any time. (This can be cause for distraction and will be met with a penalty assessed post race)
5.) At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.
6.) ALL drivers must slow to 65-70 mph, single file, and avoid any contact with other cars.
7.) A maximum of (1) Cautions/Yellow Flags per Race will be afforded. (If there are incidents after a caution was granted, we will stay Green Flag.)
8.) NO PIT STOP. This is a regrouping caution only.
9.) The Caution period will be the remainder of the lap when the Caution was granted and 1 complete lap if necessary.
10.) NO Cautions will be granted for any incidents that occur in the opening 2 laps or the final 2 laps of any race.

How to Call for a Caution:
(At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.)
1.) Verbally over Mic, say: "Caution Requested, by (your name)"
OR:
if No Mic, text in the chat box: "cr" or "Caution"
(If no response from the Host/Race Director within 10 seconds, request again)

2.) Host/Race Director will respond:
"Full Course Caution" when acknowledged.
(Drivers should continue to race until the Caution is acknowledged and issued)

Play by Play Process during a "Full Course Caution"
Once "Full Course Caution" is called:
1.) The Overall race leader becomes our pace car and is to gently slow to 65-70 mph, with all drivers catching up and slowing to the 65-70 mph pace speed, single file and in the position they were in when the Caution was issued
2.) Overall Race Leader is to pace the field for the remainder of the lap when the Caution was issued and/or 1 complete lap if necessary.
3.) All drivers are expected to be grouped up before the final corner. If not grouped prior to final corner, the Race Director will instruct an additional Caution Lap.
4.) Once the field is grouped up and the Race Director is satisfied, he will announce "Track going green on my Call"
5.) All drivers are to maintain position and pace speed until the Race Director calls " Green flag, go, go, go"
6.) The Race Director will call the start at any point from the exit of the final corner up to the finish line.
7.) Drivers are not to try and jump the start. Any Driver that causes contact or overlaps the car in front of them in any way prior to the green flag being called will recieve a 5 point penalty assessed to their overall point total for the night. Wait for the Green flag call.
8.) Drivers may begin racing as soon as "Green Flag" is stated by the Race Director.
Congratulations to @Rotary_Pilot for the overall Event #7 Win :cheers:

And, our Podium:
1st: @Rotary_Pilot
2nd: @Yugofan
3rd: @MrDonovan

Ballast adjustments have been made based on the results prior to any issuance of penalties, and the BoP chart updated & edited in the 2nd Post. Be sure to verify or adjust your BoP if necessary before our next event.
Screenshot_20220121-153027_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220120-113755_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220120-113817_Sheets.jpg
17e79f7491c91-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536597762234_1642721085008~2.jpg
17e79f759881-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536619482759_1642721169854~2.jpg
17e79f766fe22-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536655107366_1642721309013~2.jpg
17e79f7740792-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536680693107_1642721408957~2.jpg
17e79f7803045-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536699176245_1642721481157~2.jpg
17e79f78cb821-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536724947979_1642721581828~2.jpg
17e79f79a2e53-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536759924529_1642721718455~2.jpg
17e79f7a73610-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536784797141_1642721815613~2.jpg
17e79f7b59743-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536864346654_1642722126354~2.jpg
17e79f7c55372-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536924400316_1642722360938~2.jpg
17e79f7d42966-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536959213850_1642722496929~2.jpg
17e79f7e23252-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420536976658795_1642722565073~2.jpg
17e79f7efe222-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420537000602494_1642722658603~2.jpg
17e79f7fe7993-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420537018573218_1642722728801~2.jpg
17e79f81b7625-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420537073588080_1642722943703~3.jpg
17e79f8381e89-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420537101760289_1642723053751~2.jpg
17e79f80c4b78-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_420537050698776_1642722854292~3.jpg
Event #7, Race 1 at Dragon Trail Gardens

Event #7, Race 2 at Dragon Trail Gardens

Next Event
Event #8
Friday, February 11th, 9pm est
at Mount Panorama (Bathurst)
Conditions: 8:00 Clear

Again, great racing everyone, and I'll see most of your for the Porsche Cup Event on Friday the 28th, and the rest for Event #8 on the 11th at the Mountain.

Last edited:
View attachment 1107424
Post Race Report
Event #7
at Dragon Trail Gardens

on 1/14/22

Great event last Friday, and alot to cover in this Post Race Report. We'll start with the racing.
Race 1 got started with some blistering pace from @Rotary_Pilot and @Harry Rowley who quickly opened a significant gap from the field, yet had their own battle in the opening laps until Rotary managed to slip away and make his run for the finish line for 1st place with Harry taking 2nd. @socalnatv /Sand68 and @MrDonovan had a battle that seemed to last nearly the entire race until Sand made that one big mistake in the closing laps and ultimately losing a few spots.
For me, my race opened with a long battle with @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 and @Megabytesize /Moby45 with @IceWarden getting in on the action around mid race. Raul was the first to mount an attack, taking advantage of my deep entry at the hairpin, and ducking to my inside for 8th place. At this point, with Raul now leading this pack and @GTR4MROD catching up to get into the fight, we all ran tightly, nose to tail, thru the multi-apex section of the course. Finally, at the end of lap 14 and desperate attempts to defend my position, I again slipped deep into the final double apex, allowing Moby to get next to me with Ice and GTR ready tonpounce as well. The power of the Lexus was able to fend Moby off on the straight, but at turn 1, I finally yielded 2 positions to Moby and Ice, with GTR now set to stage his attack. Now, I had GTR and his teammate, @stryker attacking at every corner with multiple instances where I thought I was had and the group that had past me prior, now in their own 3 way battle just ahead. At the same spot I had lost positions a lap or so earlier, Pig went for his move to my inside, executing the pass on the exit and onto the straightaway. However, the long legs of the Lexus had enough to run the Bimmer down and counterstrike into turn 1 to retake the position with Pig almost taking it back on the entrance to the chicane....all the while with GTR in waiting. The height of this battle peaked in the multi apex section where Pig had a great run to my outside at the entrance to the multi apex section, when GTR took a clean shot to my inside and executing a double overtake. As we progressed thru this section, GTR bounced wide from clipping the curbing, allowing me to duck inside for the over under with us both running wide on the exit. The battle ahead was still hot, with @fruitloop31 and @Yugofan staging their own battle for the final third of the race, and Sand and Donovan still going at it. Pig, finally got me on the next lap with GTR finally rewarded for his patience by getting 12th place from me at the chicane shortly after. From there, it was a final sprint for battles to the finish.

Race 2 for me started with an intense battle with @Rob Brown for the top spot, and the mid pack battles that are just too manybto go thru specifically. There were alot. I manged to get around Rob, just for him to take it back, for me to then counter and take it back, and forth, and back.. .you all get it. At lap 10 he got around at the hairpin, now leaving me to fight off Ice, Raul and GTR. From here, he finally opened a gap, and made a run for it and shut this battle down. Or so he thought....😉. On lap 13, I manged to sneak back up onto his bumper, but he did finally kick in the burners and made his escape. Now began my desperate attempt to defend 2nd: failed (GTR), 3rd: failed (Rotary), and then finally 4th to the finish against Duc. This entire time, Raul, @Bologna_Duc , @Rotary_Pilot , Donovan, Sand, Moby were engaged in their own 5-6 car battle, with Duc finally running away to set up his attack on me. Duc made multiple pass attempts, with myself desperately placing the car to defend and hold the position. On the final lap exiting turn 1, Duc made his move on the inside, managing to get side by side on the entrance to the chicane. I was able to trial brake into the corner, with Duc affording the room necessary to navigate the chicane next to each other by taking a wide line thru. Donovan lurking close behind saw a window, and decided to go for it. With Duc on a wide line, and Donovan on the main line, the did lightly come together on the exit, facilitating my escape and the opportunity for yugo to grab a few spots. In Ducs attempt to hold 6th place, he and Donovan were side by side thru the awkward cambered right and left hand corners, where he nipped the curbing that unsettled and spin himself into Donovan, and subsequently releasing the rest of the battling pack to the finish line. Crazy race, and some unbelievable battles in this one.
I probably covered most of it from my view and what I caught in the broadcasts, but feel free to elaborate and share any points from your races.
Both races at Dragon Trail Gardens suffered opening laps Cautions that included some restart controversy in the Race 2 restart and we had an early race Caution in our last event. Accidents will happen, but we all must be more careful and conscious in the opening of these races. Therefore, moving forward Cautions will not be granted in the opeing 2 laps or the final 2 laps of any race.
Also, the Caution Restart process has been amended to be a restart on the Race Directors call. See below for the full breakdown of the amended Caution Process:
Since this series will be a (2) 40 minute race format, we will be instituting a "Called Caution/Yellow Flag" feature to regroup the field in the event of an incident. (1 Caution available for each Race)
1.) ALL Drivers must enter and remain in the 16 driver party chat whether they have a Mic or not. (Chat audio will come through your monitor/tv for those without a headset.)
b.) When the Host/Race Director grants and calls the "Full Course Caution", or directions during Caution (Green this lap, etc)

3.) Drivers should continue racing until the Host/Race Director verbally calls out:
"Full Course Caution"
4.) Single Car accidents or "off-tracks" are not permitted to request a Caution at any time. (This can be cause for distraction and will be met with a penalty assessed post race)
5.) At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.
6.) ALL drivers must slow to 65-70 mph, single file, and avoid any contact with other cars.
7.) A maximum of (1) Cautions/Yellow Flags per Race will be afforded. (If there are incidents after a caution was granted, we will stay Green Flag.)
9.) The Caution period will be the remainder of the lap when the Caution was granted and 1 complete lap if necessary.
10.) NO Cautions will be granted for any incidents that occur in the opening 2 laps or the final 2 laps of any race.

(At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.)
OR:

1.) The Overall race leader becomes our pace car and is to gently slow to 65-70 mph, with all drivers catching up and slowing to the 65-70 mph pace speed, single file and in the position they were in when the Caution was issued
2.) Overall Race Leader is to pace the field for the remainder of the lap when the Caution was issued and/or 1 complete lap if necessary.
3.) All drivers are expected to be grouped up before the final corner. If not grouped prior to final corner, the Race Director will instruct an additional Caution Lap.
4.) Once the field is grouped up and the Race Director is satisfied, he will announce "Track going green on my Call"
5.) All drivers are to maintain position and pace speed until the Race Director calls " Green flag, go, go, go"
6.) The Race Director will call the start at any point from the exit of the final corner up to the finish line.
7.) Drivers are not to try and jump the start. Any Driver that causes contact or overlaps the car in front of them in any way prior to the green flag being called will recieve a 5 point penalty assessed to their overall point total for the night. Wait for the Green flag call.
8.) Drivers may begin racing as soon as "Green Flag" is stated by the Race Director.

And, our Podium:

Ballast adjustments have been made based on the results prior to any issuance of penalties, and the BoP chart updated & edited in the 2nd Post. Be sure to verify or adjust your BoP if necessary before our next event.

Next Event
Event #8

Again, great racing everyone, and I'll see most of your for the Porsche Cup Event on Friday the 28th, and the rest for Event #8 on the 11th at the Mountain.

Congrats @Rotary_Pilot on the event win and well-deserved BOP change!
Great driving, Team Puma’s now leading the comp!
Can’t wait for next round at The Mountain…
🚗🐬

Last edited:
View attachment 1107424
Post Race Report
Event #7
at Dragon Trail Gardens

on 1/14/22

"Full Course Caution"

OR:

And, our Podium:

Next Event
Event #8

I’m amazed at how close most of the fast laps are, from the front of the field to the back. Kudos to @llNovall for balancing the field so well. It makes for some great racing. Looking forward to next month!

This combo worked out well for me. Being a track the 650 really works well on, and my large concession made race 1 a matter of just staying consistent. After I bottled the chicane on the opening lap of race 1, I spent a few laps chasing @Harry Rowley down. He was driving well and without a doubt the additional power I had was the difference. With equal ballast I think it would have been quite a battle.

Race 2 from the back was a good start gaining a couple of positions just on pure grunt from the start to T1. After the lap two caution and moving up the field I ended up in a pack of 6 cars with Donovan, Sand, Yugo, Raul, and Moby. Trying to get by Sand was a real challenge, and kudos to Sand for the incredible racing. I know we entered the esses side by side several laps in a row, and he consistently put on a very clean defense, leaving the room, but not giving an inch, always in the lead before the multi apex right hander. With @MrDonovan just ahead of Sand with some excellent race awareness, as we entered the pit straight I had a small run on Sand and Donovan sees me pull out and in true Team Puma fashion moves left to give me the slip and let me get by Sand. Every position in that 6 car battle was work, even with my HP and weight advantage.

Great to share the podium with Donovan and get Team Puma to the top of the team championship standings.

See you on the mountain.

Latest Posts

Back