**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
I'm honestly..............honored (if that's even a thing? :lol:). I joined SNAIL a little bit over a year ago to add some variety to my Gran Turismo racing other than my GBRC club and my usual friends in the FIA's. And although I joined mid season that year, my goal was to win one of these and I saw how competitive these can get. @Phlano099 gave me a tap on the shoulder and said we should be teammates, and honestly he's been a great teammate to have. I knew my main rival would be @llNovall , as no matter what happens on track we always seem to find each other and battle it out, but some of you guys kept me honest ALL SEASON. It started with Duc, then some flashes from my teammate, Nova, and MROD, but ultimately it came down to me and @Yugofan. But regardless who was nipping at my heels or just utterly destroying me while dragging around Nova's kids or grand pianos, you all have made me give it my all, there was no such thing as a free lunch (even at Laguna Seca) and I feel I have become a better driver because of it. So I wanted to thank you all for a great season. I've had some moments of brilliance (Laguna Seca as a whole, my impossible win at Lake Maggiore holding off the RM peepz) while I've also had some boneheaded moments, Nurburgring GP, my mental fart behind Grove at Le Mans), but I will treasure this one and looking forward to defending the crown next season! :gtpflag:
Very well stated sir. Great Season and well deserved. I'll be coming for you in Season 3...;)

View attachment 1017252
Post Race Report
Event #12
at LeMans
June 11th, 2021
LeMans closed Season 2 in dramatic fashion. I had a awesome 1st race battling for placement in the top 5 with @MikeGrove and @Roman_GT23 in the final laps of Race 1. Race 2 was off to a strong start, and while battling for 2nd place, a technical difficulty (wheel blacked out) mid corner sent me off the track and towards the back of the pack. I managed to recover a few spots to finish 10th.
@Phlano099 was just simply untouchable in is most dominant showing of the season. No one had an answer to his outright pace and consistency. Great job:cheers:!!
On a final note, final season standing points ended much closer than anyone expected. With @GTR4MROD rounding out the top 3 overall for season standings, points were only seperated by 9 points, with @Yugofan closing the gap from 1st to 2nd to within 5 points.... very close considering 10 months of racing over 12 events. In the end, @Roman_GT23 hung on to the overall to take the Season Championship Title.....Congratulations to a great season from our top 3, and to everyone who raced with us for the Series :cheers:!!
I plan to catch up on broadcasts for the final 2 events over the next few weeks while we are on break along with a photo dump as well.
Finally, feel free to share and elaborate on any battles, and if anyone would like to try an attempt at the full length replay broadcasts feel free, and please share the link.
Great racing gentlemen. :cheers:
No incidents have been filed. A few were noticed during my brief review of the replays, though most if not all appeared to have been worked out on track. Great Sportsmanship Gentlemen. :cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #12 Winner
@Phlano099
:cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @Phlano099
2ND: @GTR4MROD
3RD: @MikeGrove

Final Ballast adjustments have been posted to see where we all finished the Season. All drivers will start Season 3 fresh with no ballast in the same class they finished S2. Have a look at the Season 3 details for the updated Ballasting rules.

All drivers start fresh for Season 3. Ballast Charts will be posted in Season 3 thread.
In Processing
In porcessing
For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

Roster Changes:
No notable changes

View attachment 1017296
Congratulations to our Season 2 Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Champion:
@Roman_GT23
Great Racing!!

And as always, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended the Event #12 Season 2 Finale and for making Season 2 another successful run.

Lastly, the Season 3 thread has been opened and all current Series drivers have been tagged and invited for early sign ups until July 1st. If you haven't already, see the link below for series details, and instructions for signing back up for another season. Hoping for another great roster, and another great Season of Snail Porsche Cup Racing.
See most of you in July for the MPCC 7/16 opener, and hopefully the rest of you for the Porsche opener on Friday, July 30th at Fuji.
Next Event:
Season 3 Opener
Event #1 at
Fuji F (w'chicane)
Condition: TBD
on Friday, July 30th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come in the weeks leading up to raceday.

Have a great Summer Break, and see you all in a few weeks if I don't catch you on track elsewhere before then.
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)-absent
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden (Gold)
@Gouletzky / VLX_Gouletzky (Platinum)

Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)

@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
@Missedapex420 /Missedapex420 (Gold)
@Granadier/TPC_Granadier (Platinum)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Fudman420 / Fudman420 (Gold)
@Deal24 / fullerbunch (Gold)
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok (Gold)
Congratulations @Roman_GT23 on a well-deserved series win!
And thanks @llNovall for building such a challenging, enjoyable series.
Racing these Porsches made me painfully aware of how much I still have to learn, but damn it was rewarding when I occasionally got it right.
Stoked to take 4th by a whisker, looking fwd to Season 3.
Thanks for having me along :cheers:

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. This was a great season with a very “special” car that really takes a lot of patience to get right. I really enjoyed getting a bit better as the season progressed and want to thank Nova for a great season and everyone else who ran some of the closest racing.

I'm honestly..............honored (if that's even a thing? :lol:). I joined SNAIL a little bit over a year ago to add some variety to my Gran Turismo racing other than my GBRC club and my usual friends in the FIA's. And although I joined mid season that year, my goal was to win one of these and I saw how competitive these can get. @Phlano099 gave me a tap on the shoulder and said we should be teammates, and honestly he's been a great teammate to have. I knew my main rival would be @llNovall , as no matter what happens on track we always seem to find each other and battle it out, but some of you guys kept me honest ALL SEASON. It started with Duc, then some flashes from my teammate, Nova, and MROD, but ultimately it came down to me and @Yugofan. But regardless who was nipping at my heels or just utterly destroying me while dragging around Nova's kids or grand pianos, you all have made me give it my all, there was no such thing as a free lunch (even at Laguna Seca) and I feel I have become a better driver because of it. So I wanted to thank you all for a great season. I've had some moments of brilliance (Laguna Seca as a whole, my impossible win at Lake Maggiore holding off the RM peepz) while I've also had some boneheaded moments, Nurburgring GP, my mental fart behind Grove at Le Mans), but I will treasure this one and looking forward to defending the crown next season! :gtpflag:
We’ll deserved @Roman_GT23! You had a great season.

@llNovall which team won???? :cheers:

logo.png

ps_messages_20201006_024524-2-jpg.963158

Last edited:
Confirmation for Friday’s Race! Looking forward to it!

my alarms are set
Hi Mike Grove,
Glad to have you back on the roster for Season 3. You are noted as our 3rd Reserve for Event #1 and will be next driver up to race if there is another absence reported. There is 1 primary grid spot still remaining open, however, the spot has already been committed to a Reserve for Event #1. If you would like to guarantee your entry for future events, you are eligible to accept the final primary roster spot since you raced in our finale event for Season 2. Let me know if you want it. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know if a spot is open for this Friday. :cheers:

Hi Mike Grove,
Glad to have you back on the roster for Season 3. You are noted as our 3rd Reserve for Event #1 and will be next driver up to race if there is another absence reported. There is 1 primary grid spot still remaining open, however, the spot has already been committed to a Reserve for Event #1. If you would like to guarantee your entry for future events, you are eligible to accept the final primary roster spot since you raced in our finale event for Season 2. Let me know if you want it. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know if a spot is open for this Friday. :cheers:
I will take the primary spot and commit if it is available. This series fits my schedule well and the other drivers put a lot of work in to make it competitive.

I will take the primary spot and commit if it is available. This series fits my schedule well and the other drivers put a lot of work in to make it competitive.
Hey MikeGrove,
Just missed the opening...fruitloop31 grabbed the final primary spot early this morning. However, you know how the reserve system works...confirm early and get the best chances at a spot and chances are good if your the 1st or 2nd to confirm available. Either way, your on the grid this Friday as the 3rd Reserve and are guaranteed your spot for this event. Be sure to he tthe livery I tagged you on in the Season 3 thread. See ya Friday.

Back