**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
View attachment 963108
Attention Drivers
***Vote Needed***

This is a vote to implement the same Re-Grouping Caution/Yellow Flag process that has been successfully used in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge series for the remainder of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series or leave the series as it is without Cautions. Keep in mind, while this does afford drivers of an incident the opportunity to get back to the field and continue to race for positions rather than just race and finish solo, it does shake up the field on the restart. Please review the process details and requirements to issue a Caution shown below:
Yellow Flag/Cautions Process
Since this series is a (2) 40 minute race format, we will be instituting a "Called Caution/Yellow Flag" feature to regroup the field in the event of an incident. (1 Caution available for each Race)
The following processes and rules will apply:
1.) ALL Drivers must enter and remain in the 16 driver party chat whether they have a Mic or not. (Chat audio will come through your monitor/tv for those without a headset.)
2.) Mics must be muted at all times, Except:
a.) When a driver verbally requests a caution/yellow flag, or
b.) When the Host/Race Director grants and calls the "Full Course Caution", or directions during Caution (Green this lap, etc)

*NO OTHER VERBAL CONVERSATION IS ALLOWED DURING THE RACE*
3.) Drivers should continue racing until the Host/Race Director verbally calls out:
"Full Course Caution"
4.) Single Car accidents or "off-tracks" are not permitted to request a Caution at any time. (This can be cause for distraction and will be met with a penalty assessed post race)
5.) At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.
6.) ALL drivers must slow to 65-70 mph, single file, and avoid any contact with other cars.
7.) A maximum of (1) Cautions/Yellow Flags per Race will be afforded. (If there are incidents after a caution was granted, we will stay Green Flag.)
8.) NO PIT STOP. This is a regrouping caution only.
9.) The Caution period will be the remainder of the lap when the Caution was granted and 1 complete lap.

How to Call for a Caution:
(At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.)
1.) Verbally over Mic, say: "Caution Requested, by (your name)"
OR:
if No Mic, text in the chat box: "cr" or "Caution"
(If no response from the Host/Race Director within 10 seconds, request again)

2.) Host/Race Director will respond:
"Full Course Caution" when acknowledged.
(Drivers should continue to race until the Caution is acknowledged and issued)

Play by Play Process during a "Full Course Caution"
Once "Full Course Caution" is called:
1.) The Overall race leader becomes our pace car and is to gently slow to 65-70 mph, with all drivers catching up and slowing to the 65-70 mph pace speed, single file and in the position they were in when the Caution was issued
2.) Overall Race Leader is to pace the field for the remainder of the lap when the Caution was issued and 1 complete lap.
3.) All drivers are expected to be grouped up by the start of the final sector during the complete lap.
(Race Director will announce "Track Green at Starting Line"
4.) At the end of the "complete" lap, exiting the final corner, the leader will maintain the 65-70mph pace speed and all drivers should be ready on approach to the start/finish line.
5.) Track is back to Green Flag when the leading car clears the start/finish line.

Please reply here in the thread "For" or "Against" a Caution process for remainder of the series.

Reserve Drivers have been tagged to be included and kept up to date and are welcome to vote, however, only Primary Driver votes will count toward the 75% (12 of 16 drivers) required to implement.

Voting Deadline:
this Thursday, 10/8/20 by 5pm est.
Any drivers who do not reply by the deadline will be considered indifferent and will be marked "For".

👍 = For
(X) =Against

Primary Roster
(X) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
👍 @TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
(X) @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
(X) @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
👍 @Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
👍 @Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
@RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
(X) @Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
👍 @MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
(X) @MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)

Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)
@DesertPenguin (Gold)
@SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
Thanks to everyone who replied with a vote. With 5 votes "Against " the use of Cautions for the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (75% or 12 of 16 drivers needed "For" to implement), we will not be implementing the Caution process and the series will continue as it stands.

View attachment 963108
Attention Drivers
***Vote Needed***

This is a vote to implement the same Re-Grouping Caution/Yellow Flag process that has been successfully used in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge series for the remainder of the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series or leave the series as it is without Cautions. Keep in mind, while this does afford drivers of an incident the opportunity to get back to the field and continue to race for positions rather than just race and finish solo, it does shake up the field on the restart. Please review the process details and requirements to issue a Caution shown below:
Yellow Flag/Cautions Process
Since this series is a (2) 40 minute race format, we will be instituting a "Called Caution/Yellow Flag" feature to regroup the field in the event of an incident. (1 Caution available for each Race)
The following processes and rules will apply:
1.) ALL Drivers must enter and remain in the 16 driver party chat whether they have a Mic or not. (Chat audio will come through your monitor/tv for those without a headset.)
2.) Mics must be muted at all times, Except:
a.) When a driver verbally requests a caution/yellow flag, or
b.) When the Host/Race Director grants and calls the "Full Course Caution", or directions during Caution (Green this lap, etc)

*NO OTHER VERBAL CONVERSATION IS ALLOWED DURING THE RACE*
3.) Drivers should continue racing until the Host/Race Director verbally calls out:
"Full Course Caution"
4.) Single Car accidents or "off-tracks" are not permitted to request a Caution at any time. (This can be cause for distraction and will be met with a penalty assessed post race)
5.) At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.
6.) ALL drivers must slow to 65-70 mph, single file, and avoid any contact with other cars.
7.) A maximum of (1) Cautions/Yellow Flags per Race will be afforded. (If there are incidents after a caution was granted, we will stay Green Flag.)
8.) NO PIT STOP. This is a regrouping caution only.
9.) The Caution period will be the remainder of the lap when the Caution was granted and 1 complete lap.

How to Call for a Caution:
(At least (2) Drivers of any size incident must request a Caution for it to be issued.)
1.) Verbally over Mic, say: "Caution Requested, by (your name)"
OR:
if No Mic, text in the chat box: "cr" or "Caution"
(If no response from the Host/Race Director within 10 seconds, request again)

2.) Host/Race Director will respond:
"Full Course Caution" when acknowledged.
(Drivers should continue to race until the Caution is acknowledged and issued)

Play by Play Process during a "Full Course Caution"
Once "Full Course Caution" is called:
1.) The Overall race leader becomes our pace car and is to gently slow to 65-70 mph, with all drivers catching up and slowing to the 65-70 mph pace speed, single file and in the position they were in when the Caution was issued
2.) Overall Race Leader is to pace the field for the remainder of the lap when the Caution was issued and 1 complete lap.
3.) All drivers are expected to be grouped up by the start of the final sector during the complete lap.
(Race Director will announce "Track Green at Starting Line"
4.) At the end of the "complete" lap, exiting the final corner, the leader will maintain the 65-70mph pace speed and all drivers should be ready on approach to the start/finish line.
5.) Track is back to Green Flag when the leading car clears the start/finish line.

Please reply here in the thread "For" or "Against" a Caution process for remainder of the series.

Reserve Drivers have been tagged to be included and kept up to date and are welcome to vote, however, only Primary Driver votes will count toward the 75% (12 of 16 drivers) required to implement.

Voting Deadline:
this Thursday, 10/8/20 by 5pm est.
Any drivers who do not reply by the deadline will be considered indifferent and will be marked "For".

👍 = For
(X) =Against

Primary Roster
(X) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
👍 @TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
(X) @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
(X) @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
👍 @Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
👍 @Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
@RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
(X) @Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
👍 @MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
(X) @MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)

Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)
@DesertPenguin (Gold)
@SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
X

Against.

S2 Porsche GT3 Cup Banner-3.png

Race Event Details Post

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #4,
Friday, October 23rd, 2020, 9pm est
at Nurburgring GP
8:00 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: Nurburgring GP
Time of Day: 8:00
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (20 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (20 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Approx lap time spread: 2:00.0-2:01.5

-Above are all the Event #4 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: As per Race Date
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, October 16th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for the Snail Gr4-MPCC event this Friday, and the rest of you on on the 23rd
:cheers:.

View attachment 963460
Race Event Details Post

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Event #4,
Friday, October 23rd, 2020, 9pm est
at Nurburgring GP
8:00 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: Nurburgring GP
Time of Day: 8:00
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (20 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (20 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Approx lap time spread: 2:00.0-2:01.5

-Above are all the Event #4 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Porsche GT3 Cup. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: As per Race Date
Laps: # of laps to = 40 minutes
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1: Fastest First / R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results***
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 120 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: N500
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: 491hp
Weight: 2723 lbs
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off
Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, October 16th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See most of you for the Snail Gr4-MPCC event this Friday, and the rest of you on on the 23rd
:cheers:.
Confirming for the next race 👍

Open Primary spot available:
Xrad-11 of JDX Racing has withdrawn his entry from the series.
@Harry Rowley, with your event participation in Event #3, you are tied with SAMHAIN85 for participation. SAMHAIN85 has been absent from the game as of late and has requested to remain on the Reserve roster many times over, therefore the open spot is yours if your choose to accept it. I will be creating this JDX Racing livery shown below for your use which would be your specific livery for the season as a primary driver. You will be teamed up with @Bologna_Duc in his red Coca Cola Porsche.
screenshot_20201002-120531_samsung-internet-jpg.964127

Congratulations should you accept the seat.:cheers:

@llNovall
I will have to withdraw from the next event on the 23rd due to travel. I had actually been trying to figure out how to haul my gear just so I could do those races. However, I’m also hauling most of my tools for remodel work plus whatever the wife brings :confused: so it isn’t really practical. Look forward to making the next race.

Duc

@llNovall
I will have to withdraw from the next event on the 23rd due to travel. I had actually been trying to figure out how to haul my gear just so I could do those races. However, I’m also hauling most of my tools for remodel work plus whatever the wife brings :confused: so it isn’t really practical. Look forward to making the next race.

Duc
No problem. Thanks for the notice. Safe travels, and see you at the next one.:cheers:

S2 Porsche GT3 Cup Banner-3.png

SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (Season 2): First Post

Event #4 at Nurburgring GP, Friday, 10/23/20, 9pm est Race Event Details Post

@Akzl298
@aedenmaddok
@Budgie1120

Just tagged you fellas to have a look. Extra Reserve drivers are welcome and needed. Priority among Reserve roster goes to those who confirm their availability first on down. Team Reserve liveries are provided and issued based on the primary driver(s) reported absent for an event.
We currently have 3 primary drivers reported absent for our upcoming Event #4 at the Nurburgring GP on October 23rd, so plenty of room and opportunity if you would like to join us for the event. Reply here in the thread to formally sign up as a Reserve if interested.:cheers:

Well, I was practicing last night and accidentally overwrote my one of my best tunes! Phlano helped me with a new tune that got me running competitively! As far as I know, it’s bits an pieces taken from several other tunes. Maybe its name should be “Phlankenstein”. I’ll have to see if I can run the same times (mid to high 2:00) on a next practice session. Thanks Phlano! We’ll share Friday at 7:45 PM:lol: JK.

Well, I was practicing last night and accidentally overwrote my one of my best tunes! Phlano helped me with a new tune that got me running competitively! As far as I know, it’s bits an pieces taken from several other tunes. Maybe its name should be “Phlankenstein”. I’ll have to see if I can run the same times (mid to high 2:00) on a next practice session. Thanks Phlano! We’ll share Friday at 7:45 PM:lol: JK.

Should have left you with the non-working tune...:banghead:

Was fun running short races to micro-tune to find one that works well, maybe later tonight if time allows.

It is interesting to see how ride height and frequency can affect the handling of the car.

Rob, glad your “Phlankenstein” tune is working, made for some very good racing, we are still 1.3 seconds slower than @Yugofan , whom I see getting into the 1:58's.

Should have left you with the non-working tune...:banghead:

Was fun running short races to micro-tune to find one that works well, maybe later tonight if time allows.

It is interesting to see how ride height and frequency can affect the handling of the car.

Rob, glad your “Phlankenstein” tune is working, made for some very good racing, we are still 1.3 seconds slower than @Yugofan , whom I see getting into the 1:58's.
I broke 2:00 once but no :58’s here yet. Sounds like I got work to do. Practice lobby is open.
0475-4310-9374-9006-8548

Back