**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
We really NEEEEED these cars in GTSport. Lol That or in GT7.

Looks like there needs to be an IR filed on the last lap of the race. LOL
I am praying for the actual Cup car. Would be alot of new liveries to create, but it would worth it.

And, it something about Sebring...thats 2 races in the last 2-3 years where there was a tie up on the last lap. Fun to watch..great racing.

Same here, such great racing in Porsche and Michelin Pilot Challenge races....hence the inspirations for our series'.

@aedenmaddok
Were you ok collecting the livery and getting a tune set, and did those start times look better?
I did collect the livery and saved several tunes to the car. I've tried one of them, but didn't have enough time to evaluate it for my driving style or any of the other tunes yet. I'm hoping I'll be able to get on a bit later tonight to test some more.

I did collect the livery and saved several tunes to the car. I've tried one of them, but didn't have enough time to evaluate it for my driving style or any of the other tunes yet. I'm hoping I'll be able to get on a bit later tonight to test some more.
Seems like you had it locked in last night...I think it’s gonna be another tight race with a closely matched field again.

Seems like you had it locked in last night...I think it’s gonna be another tight race with a closely matched field again.
I was feeling good about the car. It was pretty intense trying to keep in front of you; I'm amazed that I was able to keep you behind me so many laps. I didn't realize it at the time, but I'm your teammate for this race, too.

Last edited:
S2 Event 5 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #5
at Lago Maggiore GP
November 20th, 2020

It is Race Day Drivers! Lago Maggiore in its GP layout has always offered some great battles and some intense racing in this series and others. With the wide track, many lines, and a number of places to mount attacks, this should be among one of our highlight events.

I'm going to remind all drivers, please be patient at Turns 1&2...it can get crowded very quickly. Be patient on the opening laps, and be mindful of the varying braking points and different lines being used due to the staggered tire compound regulations and varying weights due to success ballast on some drivers.

As for track limits, drivers are asked to make every attempt to keep at least 2 tires within the white track limit line or red and white curbing. 1 notable area:
Turn 8: the exit of turn 8 (exit of fast S section) opens up to an asphalt relief area with the limit determined by a white line. Please make all attempts to remain in bounds. Governance of this will be determined by your driving peers and will only be reviewed/penalized if reported and determined to have created an advantage.
Fuel is not expected to be an issue for this event, however, depending on your chosen gearing, it could be close for some.

Finally, a reminder to all drivers, that we do race under the Snail OLR and all driving etiquette and race craft should be observed at all times. Race hard, race clean, and race fair.

To all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart: HERE

Again, drivers by now should be aware that this series implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**
Event #5 Grid and Roster Status
Great potential turnout for this event despite a number of absences. 12 of our Primary Drivers have confirmed attending with 3 reserves set to fill in, and 1 driver tentative.
1.) @RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold) of Wright Motorsports has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 1st confirmed available reserve, @CANOWORMS1 in the No. 20 Wright Motorsports Porsche for his inaugural event with the series.
2.) @Moby45 (Platinum) of Kelly-Moss R&R has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 2nd confirmed available reserve, @aedenmaddok in the No. 52 Kelly-Moss R&R Porsche for his inaugural event as well.
3.) @Noob01_lmdead of Moorespeed has reported absent for the event and will be covered by @Drummer79 in the No. 6 Moorespeed Porsche.
Good luck to all you.

Below is our grid for tonight:
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
@CANOWORMS1 / CANOWORMS1 1st Reserve
@aedenmaddok / aedenmaddok 2nd Reserve
@VetteVillain / VetteVillain 3rd Reserve
@Drummer79 / Drummmer1979 4th Reserve

Welcome to @CANOWORMS1 and @aedenmaddok on their first event with us in the series. Good luck and hope you enjoy the intense racing to come.:cheers:

Lets have a clean and competitive race night that lives up to our Snail standards, and good luck to everyone on the grid. See you all at around 9pm est.:cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 972889
Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #5
at Lago Maggiore GP
November 20th, 2020

It is Race Day Drivers! Lago Maggiore in its GP layout has always offered some great battles and some intense racing in this series and others. With the wide track, many lines, and a number of places to mount attacks, this should be among one of our highlight events.

I'm going to remind all drivers, please be patient at Turns 1&2...it can get crowded very quickly. Be patient on the opening laps, and be mindful of the varying braking points and different lines being used due to the staggered tire compound regulations and varying weights due to success ballast on some drivers.

As for track limits, drivers are asked to make every attempt to keep at least 2 tires within the white track limit line or red and white curbing. 1 notable area:
Turn 8: the exit of turn 8 (exit of fast S section) opens up to an asphalt relief area with the limit determined by a white line. Please make all attempts to remain in bounds. Governance of this will be determined by your driving peers and will only be reviewed/penalized if reported and determined to have created an advantage.
Fuel is not expected to be an issue for this event, however, depending on your chosen gearing, it could be close for some.

Finally, a reminder to all drivers, that we do race under the Snail OLR and all driving etiquette and race craft should be observed at all times. Race hard, race clean, and race fair.

To all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart: HERE

Again, drivers by now should be aware that this series implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**
Event #5 Grid and Roster Status
Great potential turnout for this event despite a number of absences. 12 of our Primary Drivers have confirmed attending with 3 reserves set to fill in, and 1 driver tentative.
1.) @RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold) of Wright Motorsports has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 1st confirmed available reserve, @CANOWORMS1 in the No. 20 Wright Motorsports Porsche for his inaugural event with the series.
2.) @Moby45 (Platinum) of Kelly-Moss R&R has reported absent for the event and will be covered by our 2nd confirmed available reserve, @aedenmaddok in the No. 52 Kelly-Moss R&R Porsche for his inaugural event as well.
3.) @Noob01_lmdead of Moorespeed has reported absent for the event and will be covered by @Drummer79 in the No. 6 Moorespeed Porsche.
Good luck to all you.

Below is our grid for tonight:
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
@CANOWORMS1 / CANOWORMS1 1st Reserve
@aedenmaddok / aedenmaddok 2nd Reserve
@Drummer79 / Drummmer1979 3rd Reserve

Welcome to @CANOWORMS1 and @aedenmaddok on their first event with us in the series. Good luck and hope you enjoy the intense racing to come.:cheers:

Lets have a clean and competitive race night that lives up to our Snail standards, and good luck to everyone on the grid. See you all at around 9pm est.:cheers:
A reminder to all drivers: a PSN update was issued this week. Be sure to allow time for this before tonight's racing. See you all at 9pm est.

I’m sure you don’t have any available spots but I’ll be around if anyone jumps out last minute.
@VetteVillain
@Drummer79 messaged and said he was willing to forgi his entry for tonight to open the spot for you to race. You will be racing in the Moorespeed No.6 Porsche. Here is the link below:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/1138839/1/5548449039411873296
5548449039411873296_23.jpg

Be sure to outfit your car, and spec your car to the following:

491hp/2723lbs
Race medium tires
Tuning is permitted.
The tuning link can be found in the first post of this thread. Have a look, and see you on the grid. Room opens at 9pm est for warm up with qualifying to start at 9:15pm est. Good luck:cheers:

7134358222510490632_0.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #5
at Lago Maggiore GP
November 20th, 2020

Lago delivered in full fashion. We had @Harry Rowley and @GTP_Guido with some blistering pace into the low 1:59's, some great position battles all over the grid, numerous 4,5,and even 6 car battles, alot of attacking for positions, and the defense to go with it.
Race 1 for me was some recovery after a minor incident with alot of action against @Roman_GT23 (suprise, suprise...can't avoid him on track ;)) Had some great racing with @Bologna_Duc for bit and @MrDonovan as well. Finished it off with Roman chasing me to the finish line.
Race 2 was all about defense. Started out again with some exchange with Roman, before he checked out and went after @Rob Brown for the lead. From there, it starts with @Harry Rowley who made a solid run through the field and finding his way to my rear bumper. Unfortunately, a nip of the grass apron after turn 1 unsettled his car causing his to ditch the car to avoid incident with anyone else. From there, @aedenmaddok, was next to campaign an attack. After quite a few laps and attempts to pass, he finally was able to execute the pass he was waiting for, with @GTR4MROD right there ready to make his assualt, passing me after 2 laps. I wasn't going down without a fight, however, taking it right back to him at the downhill hairpin, regaining the position. After another lap, GTR finally finished me off and made a run for it. Just when I thought the heat was going to cool down to the end, @MrDonovan strung a few fast laps together to close the gap and make his attempt at me with 3 laps to go. At this point, I was determined to not give up another position and my defensive line was made to make the car even wider. After many attempts were made to get around, I thought he finally had me on the final corner to the finish since I broke a little early and he went on by on the inside...however, he over shot, allowing me to duck back inside and take 4th to the finish line. Some awesome racing with everyone one of you guys, and compliments on the patience to make your moves.:cheers:
This was all from my perspective only. Feel free to share your race battles with us in the thread as you like.
We did have a few noticeable incidents, but as this is a peer to peer governed series, reviews of such incidents will only occur if formally reported. If anyone would like to have an incident reviewed, please pm me with a description and timestamp no later than this Wednesday, 8pm est.
Overall, Great racing to everyone across the grid.:cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #5 Winner @aedenmaddok :cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @aedenmaddok
2ND: @GTP_Guido
3RD: @GTR4MROD

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A 2% weight ballast was added for our winner, and a 1% weight ballast add for our 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Screenshot_20201121-131904_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20201121-131936_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20201121-131955_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20201121-132012_Sheets.jpg
Race 1

Race 2

For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

As always,, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #5:cheers:
Next Event:
Event #6 at
Monza
Condition: TBD
on Friday, December 18th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come over the next week.

See some of you on December 4th for the Michelin event, and the rest on the 18th.

Last edited:
I want to thank the Kelly-Moss team for giving me an opportunity to race in the SNAIL Porsche GT Cup Challenge; I trust that I was not a disappointment to them.

I love wide tracks like Lago Maggiore due to the many different racing lines that can be used, which only contributes to outstanding racing.

Roster News

@RadStewart, as notified has been absent for 3 consecutive events and is not expected to return until after the 1st of the year.
Therefore, his seat at Wright Motorsports is currently open to the Reserve Driver group.

@MikeGrove, confirmed his attendance for Event #5 and was a no report/no show at race time resulting in forfeiture of his primary grid spot. His seat with NGT Motorsport is also open and available to the Reserve Driver Group.
If the spots are claimed, the above drivers will be placed on the Reserve roster where they can confirm available when able to race.
If no Reserve Drivers accept the open spots by Friday, December 4th at 5pm est, the above drivers will remain in primary status.

The following Reserves are asked to see your pm inbox.
These drivers are tied for event participation, and are afforded first right of refusal for the open spots. First 2 drivers to accept, will be awarded the open spots.
(X) @Kermit_2142
(X) @aedenmaddok
(X) @CANOWORMS1
(X) @VetteVillain

If one or both spots are available, they will then be open to these drivers below.
@GCimprezaFTW
@BB25
👍 @IceWarden
@Drummer79

As a reminder, even if you can't make every race, primary spot status guarantees your entry if you confirmed attending. If not able to attend an event, simply report absent. As long as you communicate with a confirmation of your status and avoid missing 3 consecutive events your spot is held. I hope these open spots interest a few of you. Liveries are available and will be sent to those who accept.:cheers:

Last edited:
Yup, looks like my Friday evenings are still wide open...I’m gonna gamble and confirm 3 weeks out. I see no reason I would want to miss out on the great racing in this series! It’s been a blast Nova. Well done.
You got it sir, and very glad to have you along and glad the series has delivered on the close racing. See you in a few weeks.:cheers:

I’m with Yugo.... and yes Nova. You are definitely hands on with this series!
I believe everyone is very appreciative of the effort and time you’re committing to the Friday racing that you’re captaining.

Have a great thanksgiving week Nova!

Best wishes to everyone involved. Have a great Holliday season drivers.

Confirming for Monza! Release the downforce...... ❤️

I’m with Yugo.... and yes Nova. You are definitely hands on with this series!
I believe everyone is very appreciative of the effort and time you’re committing to the Friday racing that you’re captaining.

Have a great thanksgiving week Nova!

Best wishes to everyone involved. Have a great Holliday season drivers.

Confirming for Monza! Release the downforce...... ❤️
Got you sir, and much appreciated. You and everyone, have a great Thanksgiving as well.:cheers:

Back