**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
Sorry I couldn't race tonight guys. I was the only cook, and I'm not a cook anymore. Haha
All good Apex. We missed ya, but @IceWarden did a decent job helping the team effort. Looking forward to our next one on February 19th. See then if not sooner with ARL. Gonna try to make the race tomorrow night. Saturdays have been busier for me than I expected.:cheers:

Great race again last night, thanks for letting me jump in last minute.

This car is so good to drive. The sound is fantastic, the cockpit is great, the weight transfer and balance of the car is really fun, the way the tail hangs out letting you slide it like they do in the car reviews. I absolutely love it.

I was expecting to be around mid pack going from my previous result but looking forward to more close racing. Somehow managed to stick it on pole using my Nurb setup but I altered the gearing so that I was using 3rd for most of the lap which really helped keep the car balanced and the nose nice and pointy.

I got a good run off the line but ended up beached in the gravel after what I thought was a huge pile up but had turned out to be @Noob01_lmdead way overshooting and taking me out, the chaos after was caused because they had panicked I guess and shut off right on the corner exit sending everybody which way :lol:. I was pretty annoyed at that moment and I sent it into the gravel again at T2 because dirty tyres :banghead:. But then decided to crack on and see what happened. @Noob01_lmdead I didn’t realise it was you at the time but appreciate you waiting and no hard feelings, that’s just racing :cheers:.
Seemed a lot of people were having issues with people running off pretty much every lap helping me gain places faster than I should’ve.
I got stuck in a little battle for around p8, you really have to pick your spots with the field being so closely bop’d. I managed to find my way through poaching places as the group battled.
Had a nice little battle @IceWarden on the final lap for P4. I thought you had run deep at the hairpin so I tried to park the apex so you couldn’t get a run on me out the corner but turned out you were just taking a late apex. Then I ran wide allowing you through as we both ran deep again. Bit of door bashing but good racing, was really gutted for you running wide in the final sector. Such a painful corner.
Looked like the podium runners were in a little world of their own battling away at the front, congrats to them.

Thanks for the race, hopefully will see you on all track again :cheers:

Last edited:

This car is so good to drive. The sound is fantastic, the cockpit is great, the weight transfer and balance of the car is really fun, the way the tail hangs out letting you slide it like they do in the car reviews. I absolutely love it.

I was expecting to be around mid pack going from my previous result but looking forward to more close racing. Somehow managed to stick it on pole using my Nurb setup but I altered the gearing so that I was using 3rd for most of the lap which really helped keep the car balanced and the nose nice and pointy.

I got a good run off the line but ended up beached in the gravel after what I thought was a huge pile up but had turned out to be @Noob01_lmdead way overshooting and taking me out, the chaos after was caused because they had panicked I guess and shut off right on the corner exit sending everybody which way :lol:. I was pretty annoyed at that moment and I sent it into the gravel again at T2 because dirty tyres :banghead:. But then decided to crack on and see what happened. @Noob01_lmdead I didn’t realise it was you at the time but appreciate you waiting and no hard feelings, that’s just racing :cheers:.
Seemed a lot of people were having issues with people running off pretty much every lap helping me gain places faster than I should’ve.
I got stuck in a little battle for around p8, you really have to pick your spots with the field being so closely bop’d. I managed to find my way through poaching places as the group battled.
Had a nice little battle @IceWarden on the final lap for P4. I thought you had run deep at the hairpin so I tried to park the apex so you couldn’t get a run on me out the corner but turned out you were just taking a late apex. Then I ran wide allowing you through as we both ran deep again. Bit of door bashing but good racing, was really gutted for you running wide in the final sector. Such a painful corner.
Looked like the podium runners were in a little world of their own battling away at the front, congrats to them.

Awesome post race report Kermit_2142. Your pace on the rac ehards was quite impressive. Not an easy track/car to pull that out of. 1:49.9 was all of it for me and when I saw hi 48's tick off with your name applied I was left just asking how??. Awesome comeback race after the T1 malee to secure a 4th place finish. Quite a drive. Always great having younon the grid, and looking forward to having you again.
:cheers:

I'm hoping to have a full post race report, photos, and scores out tonight, with replay broadcasts to follow later.
Anyone who feels they need an ir reviewed, please pm me with all necessary info. Overall great racing for a tough circuit. Have great weekend everybody.:cheers:

@Kermit_2142
Yeah I totally didn’t see you jump the inside of the hairpin. When I turned down I was actually startled when I felt contact :)

But nay, I didn’t give up and snuck back through...for a few corners...then blew it. My only off the entire race.

I was doing so nice for awhile mid race. I strung together 10 laps of 1:49s until I caught up to @Roman_GT23 and his battle. At this point @Kermit_2142 was probably 10secs back at least. Our lap times began to slow to mid high 1:50s for several laps due to Romans battle with Harry. Then with only a lap to go Kermit was there...probably stringing together several 1:48s to make up 10secs in under 7 or 8 laps.
Fun race.

Oh my gosh I feel so bad for that

I had a great start I managed to catch the two drivers in front of me in a kind of three way position
I took the inside and keep my eyes to the left looking for the 100 mark.... it was crowded by the cars on the left side of me and view was partial..... the 100 mark did not show as soon as I expected.... suddenly I saw the 50 mark..... I knew at that moment I was doomed. I feel a cold sweet in my back. My eyes were wide open watching that 50 mark, I could not belive my great start put me in that horrible circumstance.
I broke as hard as possible but was not able to stop.
I feel so stupid at that moment
I lost my concentration for a copule laps and keep thinking what I had done, the 100 mark was on my mind and in lap 2 turn 1 I break at the 100 mark, so I ended at the sand... then i was totally frustrated but well I had to focus and try to recover places. I was not successful at that.
I glad you managed to go from last to fourth. You did as checo Pérez at F1.... good job.

Last edited:
7070678973765648904_0.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #7
at Autopolis International
January 22nd, 2021
Well, Autopolis International for Event #7 presented itself as a mental rollercoaster as much as a positional one....probably one of the most challenging of this series so far. From the intensity, to frustrating, the stressful to exhausting, and finally defeating to rewarding, just about every driver raced through them all.
Using myself as an example, I had a terrible Qualifying time and placement, then followed it up with an amazing start in the opening laps. I managed to settle in to start mounting an attack on Phlano099, just to blow the brake marker at T1, having to ditch the car to avoid a collision, falling to 13th. From there, I found myself fighting a battle with @Noob01_lmdead (Raul) and @Stryker13, with some fortune being found through a few mistakes of other drivers that yielded a few recovery positions. Now in 9th place, I had to spend the remainder of the race defending against the persistent attacks from Raul and Stryker as if it were for 1st. In the end, I managed the 9th place finish which imo was in its own a successful race in gaining positions.
For Race 2, I again got away to a clean start, managing to gain a 5th place position and engaged in a 2nd place battle among 5-6 cars. @Roman_GT23 caught the pack, and i now found myself in the familiar spot of trying to fend him off, only to last a lap or two before yielding. If that wasn't bad enough, I had @Yugofan , @GTR4MROD, and my teammate @Rob Brown in the hunt as well. I went into defense, and before I knew it, I made my second of two mistakes on the night, going in a little hot into T2, allowing the above mentioned drivers right on through. At this point, I started to feel like it wasn't going to be my night, but decided to just click off some laps and snag a good battle. Before long, I was picking off a few positions, with the help of some unfortunate incidents involving other drivers, and through the help of @Bologna_Duc defense, I was able to catch up to the pack, picking off another spot or 2. When the dust settled, I found my way to a 6th place finish, and was pleasantly surprised of a 4th place overall, albeit a low scoring 4th place finish. Was an insane race night and one to remember.
A few of you have already shared your race experience for Event #7, and if anyone else cares to elaborate, feel free. Great racing everyone.:cheers:
There is 1 incident reported and being reviewed.

Overall, Great racing to everyone across the grid.:cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #7 Winner @GTR4MROD :cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @GTR4MROD
2ND: @Roman_GT23
3RD: @Yugofan

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A 2% weight ballast was added for our winner, and a 1% weight ballast add for our 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Screenshot_20210125-191941_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-192058_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-192134_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-175127_Sheets.jpg
Event #7 Replay Broadcasts

Race 1 at Autopolis Int'l, 1/22/21

Race 2 at Autopolis Int'l, 1/22/21

For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

Roster Changes:
@Stryker13 /DrSpyderPig will be filling the open NGT Motorsport seat to be teamed up with @GTP_Guido for the balance of the season. Good luck and welcome to the primary roster.

As always,, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #7:cheers:
Next Event:
Event #8 at
Suzuka Circuit
Condition: 15:45 Fine Weather
on Friday, February 19th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come over the next week.

See some of you for our next Michelin event, and the rest on the 19th.
:cheers:[/user]

Last edited:
Suzuka Circuit.... yes please! Count me in baby!

This will be my exact message for Laguna Seca :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Count me in for Suzuka

Side note: If you just did one event drop based on the current results, Yugo and I are in a dead tie. I'm really going to have to drive A+ from here on out.

P.S. Man I'm getting fat! You sure Yugo hasn't hit RH by now 💡:odd::yuck:

Last edited:
This will be my exact message for Laguna Seca :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Count me in for Suzuka

Side note: If you just did one event drop based on the current results, Yugo and I are in a dead tie. I'm really going to have to drive A+ from here on out.

P.S. Man I'm getting fat! You sure Yugo hasn't hit RH by now 💡:odd::yuck:
If he wins the next event, he immediately moves into the platinum class. If a 2nd or 3rd place, he would need one more podium to bump up. The final 3-4 race events could get interesting as these ballasts begin to take shape. Also, the standing over the top 6 will be very close after the 4 drop scores. Going to be a fun race to the end.

Last edited:
If he wins the next event, he immediately moves into the platinum class. If a 2nd or 3rd place, he would need one more podium to bump up. The final 3-4 race events could get interesting as these ballasts begin to take shape. Also, the standing over the top 6 will be very close after the 4 drop scores. Going to be a fun race to the end.

So let's all lay down and let him win? :cheers::lol::gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back