**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
Practice room up to try out some different tunings.
0475-4297-0935-6935-6868
ROOM CLOSED

I have pretty much zip idea of how to tune a car, so I’m testing out a few of the uploaded options :dunce:

I’m taking some notes (pros/cons) on what I reckon & best time out of 4-5 laps.
Let me know if anyone’s interested & I’ll post them here.
:gtpflag:

I'm using Nova's tune from the first page of the thread as the overall base tune. Then little tweaks here and there to fit my driving/track we are at.

When I get on the ps after work today I can show you where it's currently at and you can go from there.

Cheers mate!
I ended up managing a 2:12.52, felt a little knife-edged tho.
Keen to run a full-length practice and see what my race pace is like. Also interested to see how the Porsche eats tyres & fuel :)
Just peeked at some archived data from an exhibition race from Season 1, and your 2:12.5 is a very good time and will be quite competitive. Fastest laps dipped into the hi 2:11's, but average lap pace on the frontrunner was in the low-mid 2:12's....so your right there.👍
As for tires and fuel, at 1x/1x, the tires just start to be noticeable at races end, but the lower fuel level offsets any performance loss and typically the times gets faster towards the latter part of the race. Thanks for running a few practice sessions. I may jump on here in a little bit myself.:cheers:

I'm using Nova's tune from the first page of the thread as the overall base tune. Then little tweaks here and there to fit my driving/track we are at.

When I get on the ps after work today I can show you where it's currently at and you can go from there.
Cheers mate, would appreciate seeing where you’re up to - thanks.
I’ve found the Praiano/Nova and Roman/Nova tunes suit me best so far, but geez tweaking the car is a rabbit hole... especially at a 2min+ track!

Just peeked at some archived data from an exhibition race from Season 1, and your 2:12.5 is a very good time and will be quite competitive. Fastest laps dipped into the hi 2:11's, but average lap pace on the frontrunner was in the low-mid 2:12's....so your right there.👍
As for tires and fuel, at 1x/1x, the tires just start to be noticeable at races end, but the lower fuel level offsets any performance loss and typically the times gets faster towards the latter part of the race. Thanks for running a few practice sessions. I may jump on here in a little bit myself.:cheers:
Sweet, thanks Nova :)
Yeah 2:11s are proper quick, I’ll be stoked if I can get to consistent 12s.

Sweet, thanks Nova :)
Yeah 2:11s are proper quick, I’ll be stoked if I can get to consistent 12s.
I'm sure I sound like a broken record to all the longstanding drivers of the series, but lap consistency and clean, mistake free laps, are the recipe for doing well in this series. Last season, I had maybe 2-3 podiums all season with only 1 race event win, but still managed a 2nd place finish in points by just being competitive/mistake free...and, I rarely if ever was at the top in fast lapping pace. Every position counts, and each one will add up over the long season.;)

I'm sure I sound like a broken record to all the longstanding drivers of the series, but lap consistency and clean, mistake free laps, are the recipe for doing well in this series. Last season, I had maybe 2-3 podiums all season with only 1 race event win, but still managed a 2nd place finish in points by just being competitive/mistake free...and, I rarely if ever was at the top in fast lapping pace. Every position counts, and each one will add up over the long season.;)
Yeah for sure :)
That right/left/right approaching the bridge is going to be interesting over the duration of two races, reckon it’ll be likely to eat someone at some stage :D

I haven’t driven this track config before, really like the flow you can get on a good lap. A bunch of Porsche’s racing around here’s going to be a blast!

Last edited:
Yeah for sure :)
That right/left/right approaching the bridge are going to be interesting over the duration of two races, reckon they’ll be likely to eat someone at some stage :D

I haven’t driven this track config before, really like the flow you can get on a good lap. A bunch of Porsche’s racing around here’s going to be a blast!
One of the sprint races from Season 1's Exhibition/preseason race. It is a fun track with these cars...alot a places to make moves.
;)

S2 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file main primary roster-1.png

Driver Roster Announcements
@MBarry of NGT Motorsport has retired from the series due to a new job and schedule conflict. Congratulations to him, and hope at some point he can return.:cheers:

@GTP_Guido has accepted and joined NGT Motorsport as a primary driver with @TomMang_68 and will be driving his personally rendered No. 69 BWT Porsche. Good luck to you and glad to have you on the primary roster.
A3C697B0-8A05-4013-BCA7-84236DD8395B.jpeg.jpg

@GCimprezaFTW of ACI Motorsports has requested removal from the primary drivers list to be placed on the Reserve roster.

@MrDonovan as the next reserve eligible has been offered the ACI Motorsports No. 55 seat to race alongside @nmcp1 for the team effort.
Congratulations to him and welcome to the primary roster, assuming you accept ;).
PS_Messages_20200522_034618_2.jpg
PS_Messages_20200522_034701_2.jpg

Driver roster, profile page, scoresheets, and spotters guide have been updated.

@DesertPenguin,
You will be racing for Moorespeed in the No. 6 Porsche in place of the reported absent @Noob01_lmdead. You and TEX36 will be teamed up for the combined effort for Event #2. Link link was sent via pm.
PS_Messages_20200702_034953_3.jpg

Good luck to everyone for our next event on the 28th, and to our new primary drivers for the season.:cheers:

View attachment 950208
@MBarry of NGT Motorsport has retired from the series due to a new job and schedule conflict. Congratulations to him, and hope at some point he can return.:cheers:

@GTP_Guido has accepted and joined NGT Motorsport as a primary driver with @TomMang_68 and will be driving his personally rendered No. 69 BWT Porsche. Good luck to you and glad to have you on the primary roster.
View attachment 950203

@GCimprezaFTW of ACI Motorsports has requested removal from the primary drivers list to be placed on the Reserve roster.

@MrDonovan as the next reserve eligible has been offered the ACI Motorsports No. 55 seat to race alongside @nmcp1 for the team effort.
Congratulations to him and welcome to the primary roster, assuming you accept ;).
View attachment 950204 View attachment 950205

@DesertPenguin,
You will be racing for Moorespeed in the No. 6 Porsche in place of the reported absent @Noob01_lmdead. You and TEX36 will be teamed up for the combined effort for Event #2. Link link was sent via pm.
View attachment 950206

Good luck to everyone for our next event on the 28th, and to our new primary drivers for the season.:cheers:
Hi mate - I’m happy to accept the #55 drive, thanks heaps!

Pls PM me the liveries & I’ll get that whiskey all over the car :D
Edit: just saw the other post with the livery links - cheers!

S2 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file main primary roster-1.png

Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge

Season Event #2
at Circuit de Sainte Croix-B
Friday, August 28th, 2020
at 9:00pm est
Confirmation Reminder Post
To all Drivers tagged in this post: with it being Summertime and everyone still working around plans, I figured I'd post this confirmation reminder a few days early. Please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the confirmation/absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

1st/Main Porsche Cup Challenge Post-All.necessary info is here

Ballast Tracking Sheets and Drivers Roster

See Tab 1.3 for Race Night Schedule and Qualifying procedure

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers:
-open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their attendance first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night. Confirm early to give you the best chances to race if abcense(s) occur.

Anyone with a 👍 has been confirmed and noted to be present for Friday, August 28th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (day before race night)
*Please reply either way*

Looking forward to our next race at:

Event #2, St. Croix-B on Friday, 8/28/20 at 9pm est
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice lobbies.) See you all on track.:cheers:

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers List (16)
👍 @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
👍 @TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
👍 @Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)
👍 @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
(X) @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
👍 @Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@TomMang_68 /OMG_MANG (Gold)
👍 @Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
👍 @Xradkins /xrad-11 (Platinum)
👍 @RadStewart / heated_seats (Gold)
👍 @GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
👍 @Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
👍 @MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)

Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)
👍 @DesertPenguin (Gold) 1st Reserve
@SAMHAIN85 / SAMHAIN85 (Platinum)
(X) @GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (Gold)
(?) @Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@LST / Duce_LST (Platinum)
@AColon / Dioready (Gold)
@Mark Elman / LmanKram7 (Gold)
@PrivateSmiles /PrivateSmiles (Gold)
@standucci
@BB25

**All Drivers, please verify your Car weight HERE

See many of you on the grid this Friday, July 17th for the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge series, and the rest of you a week later on the 24th.

Btw, I plan to have a few night owl practices this weekend and after work next week around midnight est.

Last edited:
View attachment 950208

View attachment 950203

View attachment 950204 View attachment 950205

@DesertPenguin,
View attachment 950206

Good luck to everyone for our next event on the 28th, and to our new primary drivers for the season.:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for accepting the roster change! @MrDonovan you have an excellent teammate, and I hope you enjoy the best looking car on the grid :cheers:

Last edited:
While the virtual TPC Racing shop is prepping for Sainte Croix-B, I captured the real world TPC Racing shop readying up the No. 36 car for VIR this upcoming weekend while I was driving by during work. I'll have the VIR race youtube links up once they get posted.
20200817_215453.jpg

6061846273190789652_0.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what I have in mind for tonight gentlemen:

60 minutes in prep for the upcoming GT3 race on the 28th

Track and TOD:
Circuit de Sainte Croix-B
15:10 Fine Weather

Car:
2016 911 (991) GT3 RS
Weight: 2723 lbs
Power: 491 hp
Tuning Allowed (many tunes shared and available)
Tires: RM and RH's - must use both compounds

Tire wear at 2x Fuel at 3x

Lobby opens at 6:00 PST
Pre-Race Warmup/Entry period (15 minutes)
Pre-Race Qualifying Session (15 minutes)
Then we race

Will post room number after I open lobby, will be friends only.

Lobby open
0475-4298-0834-5866-7588

Running short 6 lap races

Closed

Last edited:
Practice lobby up for a little while:

0475-4297-6349-1979-9876

Edit: I need a pro to step in here and show me how to run this track. Im like 4-5 seconds off the pace.
I’m by no means a Pro, but have managed to work down to consistent Mid-12s/low-13s with tuning & lots of laps in the last week.
Might be able to log on for an hour or so 8am this Friday morning my time (about Thursday 6pm EST?) @RadStewart if you’re keen to do some work together on racing lines & car setup?
cheers :cheers:

I’m by no means a Pro, but have managed to work down to consistent Mid-12s/low-13s with tuning & lots of laps in the last week.
Might be able to log on for an hour or so 8am this Friday morning my time (about Thursday 6pm EST?) @RadStewart if you’re keen to do some work together on racing lines & car setup?
cheers :cheers:
I can probably do Saturday, but I'm actually finally back to work this week, so no more daytime lapping for me. I know you're 14 hours ahead, but we'll work something out.

The other night running short races on RH’s, my best lap was a13.682, on RM’s best is a 12.9

I can see maybe a tenth or two without a draft But not much more.

I did some small changes to my tune and have not ran RM’s yet to know where I am, but with a .9 difference between tires, I would think 12.7 would be optimal lap.

The other night running short races on RH’s, my best lap was a13.682, on RM’s best is a 12.9

I can see maybe a tenth or two without a draft But not much more.

I did some small changes to my tune and have not ran RM’s yet to know where I am, but with a .9 difference between tires, I would think 12.7 would be optimal lap.
My progress so far:
20200819_032753.jpg

Back